• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Aston Villa FC vs Arsenal FC - Sun. Dec. 13th, 1:30pm - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Another must win game. After the high of Athens unto Villa Park and a meeting with Wenger's protoge Remi Garde & his basement dwellers Aston Villa.

Without doubt Villa have been ****e so far this season but I'm 100% sure that they'll be up for this game so we'll have to be sharp and ready for this one.

Could Cech finally get the clean sheet record??

Prediction: 3-0 victory for the good guys

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Remi Garde will feel confident he knows Wenger well enough to beat him. I just hope we don't underestimate Villa, and prepare for the match.

I never expect a win from Arsenal, but I am hopeful of one.

Last edited:

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

SERIOUSLY WHY ARE WE HARDLY EVER AT THE EMS!!! NO back to back home games so far is really unfair.
Also I hate playing teams that are due a win, I mean who goes 15 without a win?!

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
We are totally and utterly ****.

If you don't beat us then your players need shooting.

However, we have started to improve recently. Three of our last four games have been good performances whilst not quite yielding the points we need (a point vs City and Saints were good results, but losing to Watford despite a good performance was disappointing).

So things are STARTING to click. That coupled with your midweek exploits, means we maybe have the smallest twinkling chance of getting something.

But I would be very VERY (pleasantly) surprised if you don't run out comfortable victors.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I'm watching the Remi Garde presser right now. I do like the man quite a lot. Hope we beat him soundly.

You never know where you have Arsenal after games like that we played against Olympiakos.

So I'm not even going to think what the results will be. But if fabo is positive towards us winning, I'm will take that as a bad sign!

Marmaduke

Anything can go can't it? On paper we have every reason to demolish them and should. Giroud, Özil, and now Campbell are in great form. Thats not mentioning our solid backline. The makeshift midfield will also be more than enough to push these guys aside.

em9999

My rainbows
Confidence is high, the goose is getting fat, we will make villa look a bunch of prats

5-0 - rest Özil when we go 3-0 up

Campbell hat trick

Jerome_Gooner

I would rest Özil as well and go with :

Cech
Bellerin - Per - Koscielny - Monreal
Flamini - Chambers
Walcott - Ramsey - Campbell
Giroud
Sub : Ospina, Debuchy, Gabriel, Gibbs, Özil, Ox, Iwobi

RandyMarsh

Established Member
I would rest Özil as well and go with :

Cech
Bellerin - Per - Koscielny - Monreal
Flamini - Chambers
Walcott - Ramsey - Campbell
Giroud
Sub : Ospina, Debuchy, Gabriel, Gibbs, Özil, Ox, Iwobi
If we're going with resting Özil (which I wouldn't be against at all) then I'd prefer to see Joel move to AMC and Ox come in on the wing. That CM pairing is horrible. We're not playing a conference team here lol

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I'd play Ox for this one and have Theo in the middle to rest Giroud as well as Özil, Ramsey as AMC is no problem, his defense skills aside; he almost always has to come back from behind the play because he loves attacking the box, so it doesn't really matter I think unless we specifically tell him to sit deep which I highly doubt we would.

em9999

My rainbows
I'm all for resting players but lets rest him when we are in a winning position and not risk a slip up from kick off. When we are in a winning position is always the best time as opposed to him having to come on and run himself into the ground to rescue the game.

Makes no logical sense to rest our best player in a game we need to win from the start

skip spence

Wouldn't say "a must win", that phrase is over-used. Obviously we could lose this and still be in with a shot for the title. The Villains will be desperate for a result in front of their home supporters and lots of first team members are missing. But we've got Koscielny, we've got Cech, we've got Monreal, we've got Walcott, Giroud and Ramsey; we've got Mesut ****ing Özil and we've even got Joel Campbell. We really should win this.

If everyone is fit the same team that beat Olympiacos should start. There's a full weeks rest ahead of the Man C game. Rotating the squad will be necessary during the x-mas period but for this I'd like to see a full strength team.

TheGlitch

I would give per a breather for this one, other than that th team remains the same as usual.
........bank note

em9999

My rainbows
Wouldn't say "a must win", that phrase is over-used. Obviously we could lose this and still be in with a shot for the title. The Villains will be desperate for a result in front of their home supporters and lots of first team members are missing. But we've got Koscielny, we've got Cech, we've got Monreal, we've got Walcott, Giroud and Ramsey; we've got Mesut ****ing Özil and we've even got Joel Campbell. We really should win this.

If everyone is fit the same team that beat Olympiacos should start. There's a full weeks rest ahead of the Man C game. Rotating the squad will be necessary during the x-mas period but for this I'd like to see a full strength team.

If we are to win the title we need to be beating dross like villa - no offence villa

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Our game after Villa is 8 days away, a rare commodity around this time of the season. If Özil's calf is in decent nick, play him. He and the rest of the squad can have an extra recovery day between Villa and Citeh. If need be we can sub Özil around the 70th minute, assuming we have the match won.

Looking forward to Joelito continuing his recent improvement :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom