• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Aston Villa FC vs Arsenal FC - Sun. Dec. 13th, 1:30pm - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Resting Özil would be beyond stupid, don't want to give Villa any hope just by looking at the team sheet.

We should win, I hope we can get ourselves pumped up again quickly after all that happened last night.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, Özil definitely needs to start this match. But what he doesn't need to do is practice this week. We need to be resting Özil and working on his calf as much as possible until Sunday.

During the match he will have Ramsey along side him in the midfield and his mobility will mean that Özil won't have to run as much. He can just make pinpoint passes. If we have the game under control by the 60th minute we should take him off and bring on Chambers and have a midfield of Ramsey, Chambers and Flamini.

I might not start Theo for this one. He doesn't look sharp or effective right now when he's playing on the wing.

Lineup:

Cech
Bellerin - Merts - Kos - Monreal
Flamini - Ramsey
Campbell - Özil - Ox
Giroud

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Where's Özil being injured coming from?

There were rumors that he might miss the Olympiacos match with a "tight calf."

So it looks like he played through the injury and no one wants to exacerbate it by overplaying him against Villa and force him to miss the Man City match.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There were rumors that he might miss the Olympiacos match with a "tight calf."

So it looks like he played through the injury and no one wants to exacerbate it by overplaying him against Villa and force him to miss the Man City match.

Oh is that it, thought there might of been more news post match.

He's probably fine, the match was wrapped up at 3-0 and we kept him on.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, nothing crazy. Not making him practice and just resting him for a couple of days should do the trick.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Probably won't have any problems UNLESS somebody gets injured during the game, then who knows what can happen.

em9999

My rainbows
Get to the window in top three, sign two players who add depth

We win the league this season, I'm sure of it

Jazz

Get to the window in top three, sign two players who add depth

We win the league this season, I'm sure of it
No. We must remain 1st or very close 2nd. Knowing Wenger we'll be buying f all, bet on it. Unless all the players for a certain position are out long term of course.

On the Özil front, as long as he's deemed fit only bring him off if we go 2 up. We are in no positon to be underestimating teams at the minute. That has been a major issue this season.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

You could tell by the way he moved in Greece that something was holding him back. He wasn't fully fit, imo.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Villa likely lineup

(drum roll please)

-----------------Guzan

Hutton, Okore, Lescott, Bacuna

----------------Sanchez
-------------Gana, Veretout

Ayew-------------------------Sinclair
----------------Gestede

Richards is injured. Big blow for us as he's probably the only one of our defenders who can walk in a straight line without falling on their arse.

Sanchez is playing well defensively, but he usually follows up a brilliant tackle with a 2 yard pass to the opposition's centre forward, so you'll be ok there.

Richardson appears to have finally been dropped form left back after proving that he's about as much use as a small shrub planted in the left back position.

Grealish might feature. he's back in the squad but I'd say he's unlikely to start.

Adama Traore will also come on at some point. He's going to be a superstar, and at some point he's going to explode into action and everybody will sit up and realise he's amazing. But he's a long way from that, in my opinion, at the moment. So I doubt we'll see much quality from him in this game. If, by some miracle, it does happen though, he could cause problems. He operates in a series of small explosions that occur too quickly for my mind to comprehend.

Ayew is probably our best player at the moment. But he gets little service.

Gestede is terrible. He can head a ball incredibly well, but we don't ever cross the ball, so he's basically a chocolate teapot.

Have fun!

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Villa likely lineup

(drum roll please)

-----------------Guzan

----------------Sanchez

----------------Gestede

Richards is injured. Big blow for us as he's probably the only one of our defenders who can walk in a straight line without falling on their arse.

Sanchez is playing well defensively, but he usually follows up a brilliant tackle with a 2 yard pass to the opposition's centre forward, so you'll be ok there.

Richardson appears to have finally been dropped form left back after proving that he's about as much use as a small shrub planted in the left back position.

Grealish might feature. he's back in the squad but I'd say he's unlikely to start.

Adama Traore will also come on at some point. He's going to be a superstar, and at some point he's going to explode into action and everybody will sit up and realise he's amazing. But he's a long way from that, in my opinion, at the moment. So I doubt we'll see much quality from him in this game. If, by some miracle, it does happen though, he could cause problems. He operates in a series of small explosions that occur too quickly for my mind to comprehend.

Ayew is probably our best player at the moment. But he gets little service.

Gestede is terrible. He can head a ball incredibly well, but we don't ever cross the ball, so he's basically a chocolate teapot.

Have fun!

No Amavi or Gueye?

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Another opportunity to go top of the league-surely we can't blow it for a 4th time in a row!!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Villa likely lineup

(drum roll please)

-----------------Guzan

----------------Sanchez

----------------Gestede

Believe it or not, I reckon Okore and Lescott could prove to be your best partnership. I like Richards, he's a real presence and a threat in the opposition box. But my God, he's capable of braindead moments and his defensive positioning is poor. You guys have conceded loads of goals this season with Micah at fault, but because he's a character and tries to lead he gets excused.

Okore still has the potential to be a fantastic CB and I've always been a Lescott fan since his days at Wolves. Like I said, Richards is a great physical presence but it's no wonder why the majority of his career he's been utilised as a RB. He lacks the intelligence that would make him a dependable CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom