• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs Chelsea - Sun. Jan 24th, 4:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye4goal

Established Member
It's not El Neny's fault. I just don't see our business as effective if Flamini is still starting games. It kind of makes the transfer pointless, Coq is back soon.

The whole situation around the midfield has been managed very poorly for years now. It looks like he wants to give Wilshere and Ramsey every chance of making it, and that's easier by hanging onto stop-gaps(Arteta, Rosicky, Flamini) or with low profile buys like El Neny.

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We need so many signings in the summer. Clearly CB is a need because he obviously doesn't trust Gabriel for whatever reason and Kos' mistakes every match now are worrying. I won't even mention the giant German turd who is allowed to play for us. Obviously midfield is a huge concern because Wilshere can't stay fit, Ramsey is truly awful and surely this must be the end of Flamini. We've also got zero cover for Özil so that's 2 more signings right there.
We very obviously need a CF because Giroud is ideally a great backup rather than your main man and Theo has forgotten how to play football along with Welbeck being a huge question mark. We're up to 4 signings now. Depending upon how Elnenny turns out we still may need backup for Coq so that's potentially 5. Who knows what's going on with Ox, it would be nice to have a reliable wide player other than Sanchez and with a bit more to offer than Campbell so that's 6 signings. We need a proper backup to Bellerin. That's 7. We also probably will need to replace Ospina who will want to leave. 8. So between 6 and 8 signings minimum that we actually will need to be competitive and we won't even get half that amount. Buckle up lads this could be a United level tailspin.

General

Established Member
Just watched the red card. Two awful things that were immediately obvious - Mertesacker bizarrely turned to look goal side before sliding in. Had he focused in the situation, he probably would've realised that it was wise to let Costa go. It was school boy defending and its very worst and equally matched by Flamini yielding territory and failing to stop Willian making the through ball to Costa. If there was ever a situation this season where our lack of protection in midfield was woefully exposed, this was it. Fabregas was given too much room and they showed a player tracker which proved how bad Ramsey and Flamini were in the initial stage of the game and were busy ball watching. I was even surprised Chelsea didn't go on to knock a few goals past us like Southampton.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
We're yet to see Elneny in our shirt, he could very well turn out to be a faster version of Arteta, which would be great in my opinion. Saying he's a stop gap, before even playing one second for us is quite harsh.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Chelsea weren't great and they never had to be.

You have a job to do at 1-0 up with a man advantage, and they done that job.

Per killed us.

This is Arsenals best chance to win the title in years. The league is so poor we should be walking it by now. Instead, we always manage to screw ourselves over.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Our problems stem back to, once again, our **** midfield pairing.

Ramsey-Flamini works in absolutely no way. Both of them love to venture away from their positions to help out in attack and defense, which often isn't even beneficial. Koscielny failed to step in front of Costa to prevent him from getting the ball, and as Sky Sports said, I am convinced it was because of that random movement of Flamini blocking his view (at least partially). Not only that, but Flamini thinks he is a star in the movie Shaolin Soccer, putting his feet in all sorts of places like he is trying to swat a fly or some ****. Ramsey, who loves to try and exploit defensive lines and consequently abandons his defensive post, makes the issue even worse by providing no cover when the ball is inevitably overturned.

The two of them obsessively try to do more than their respective roles dictate they should do, and thus they abandon those roles at multiple periods of the game. This is a sharp contrast to Coquelin, who could always be relied on to be behind the ball but in front of the defense when we had a foot back. This has not only led to the defense performing badly because they have to work so much harder, but also the attack to be so much less effective because our build-up play is weaker. If Wenger persists, the title is out of reach.

While the midfield is the root of our issues, our defense doesn't spare its blushes. Per's pace is being found out every other game, and Koscielny's passing is at an all time low. Turnovers are happening from the back very often now not only due to an unavailable midfield pairing (See above), but poor decision making. Our fullbacks I excuse, as they have been putting great performances in quite consistently, but our fullbacks are in need of some "reset". I heavily suggest Gabriel start the next few games to have them realize they are underperforming; they must be punished. Cech, as per usual, has been great. Dominant leader, sturdy, what is not to love?

Our attack has seen seen many wobbly performances from players such as Oxlade and Walcott, and injuries have forced us to keep playing them. Alexis is back, Welbeck is on the way, and Chambercott can only get better at this point, so I expect we'll be banging them in again soon.

Poor performance today, and mediocre performances overall this month, but there is reason to believe that this period will end. Players are returning. Watch out PL.

marc-in

absolute disgrace, as many predicted we made chelsea look much better than they are, it seems as soon as our players realised we're playing chelsea they **** their pants....

flamini did everything he shouldn't do, walcott useless yet again, ramsey **** as well.

the subs haven't made much sense but that's normal with wenger...

sanchez should've started the game.

i can't understand wenger's logic, if you're going to play a high line why the fúck would you play mertesacker who has no pace instead of gabriel ?

wenger out, i want to see us win the EPL before i die...

A little bit late to the party with my analysis since having just seen the game but.... how predicatable was that... Chelsea beat us again... we blew the chance to go to... AGAIN.... seriously it was all rather expected on our end.... (at least you can argue we're consistent XD) one thing amused me out of all this though and that was how pathetic Chelsea are... hanging on against ten men like that lol, either way.... still wanna beat these tossers and theres always next year... and on the bright side... we aint outta this race just yet!

Sweggeh

People writing off Elneny without even seeing him play a single game for us need to get slapped.

Anyway, its obvious we have a pretty crap team. This team is nowhere near the quality of the top European teams. We may have a chance to win this weak league but we are not a great team.

PSG went away to Chelsea last year when Chelsea were in their best form and went down to 10 men in the first half in a similar way to us. Yet with 10 men they dominated Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, and twice came back from behind to eliminate them. That is what you call the heart of champions, that's a real team.

We are at home to the weakest Chelsea since the Abramovich takeover and we are pretty much dominated. Its a disgrace. And it all comes from our **** midfield. PSG had Pastore, Verrati, Matuidi and Motta running the game. We rely on Flamini and Ramsey. Where is our ambition though?

Özil had to keep coming back to get something started because Ramsey and Flamini were so inept at starting attacking moves. Özil lost the ball in the middle of the park so many times because of this. It just isn't his game. But he was forced into it because of how weak our midfield is.

I blame Wenger for this. I knew in my heart that it was a horrible decision to only buy Cech last summer, but I tried to look at the positives. Unfortunately it looks like my gut feeling was right.

There are SO many positions where this team can be improved. The striker options, the midfield options, the wings, the central defence, we pretty much need improvement in all those places if we want to be challenging for the CL and PL regularly. So for Wenger to do what he did just hurts more and more everyday.

General

Established Member
The whole situation around the midfield has been managed very poorly for years now. It looks like he wants to give Wilshere and Ramsey every chance of making it, and that's easier by hanging onto stop-gaps or with buys like El Neny.
Wenger has devalued the importance of having a solid midfield for years and this has been the single most important contributory factor to our failings. He's undermined his record with his insistence on placing trust in sub standard players like Flamini. Matic and Mikel gave Chelsea the platform to play. Where was ours?

Everton absolutely schooled Chelsea last week but somehow we've made them look like world beaters today. We are a vulnerable team when we are not allowed to pass and move and only a few players can manoeuvre themselves out of close marking. It gets worse once the game slows to walking pace as we get picked off for fun.

I was not happy with Ox cameo...

Every time he comes on or get game time, you expect him to do something. To make the most out of the moment. Every time he get the ball you are like "now is the time for him, he will prove his worth and pay back all the faith" then he miss the pass or take a wrong decision.

Starting to noticing similar trend in Ramsey game too.

Worrying.

eye4goal

Established Member
People writing off Elneny without even seeing him play a single game for us need to get slapped.

Not writing him off, but he's at the same stage of development as Ramsey and Wilshere ie not the finished article in midfield, and is not someone who'll stand in their way. The manager seems reluctant to buy a player that can push those two further behind in the pecking order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom