• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal v Barcelona - 23/02/16, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think we were technically average. I think we weren't sharp in our own box. That's what ultimately let us down, that and our very poor subs.

We weren't sharp in the transition or the final third. And when we were we wasted vital chances to score.

The blame must go on immobileness up front.

indy23

Last post before i go back to studying lol. Just wanna end by saying thank you to Mr Cech for making sure we didn't lose by 4-5 at home, because if we are actually a big team your one of the only few big game players on it.

DanishDoc

All focus should be on United now.. If the guys come out with the same focus we'll have a very good chance - we can do this!
And start Welbeck instead of Giroud, he has good memories from Old Trafford

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Wenger: "I felt we were technically average today. When we looked like we were dominating, we conceded. Like Monaco, it's naive."

Wenger: "Barça are better than us. They never make a wrong pass in transition, always have great first touches to get out of pressure."

Would have been a different story with Wilshere and Cazorla in the team..

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
We had chances but I never really felt we were in it.

Unlike in previous games where we had a ton of talent that you'd fancy to make the right decision.
exactly - Özil side I don't trust any of the others, SAnti also, to make the right choice. It's been killing us all season long. We make poor choices in the final 3rd - we create openings and then waste them, over & over & over.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
Banging on about the previous game is pointless. We could've been down 4-0 at half-time back then. We were kicked into life by a goal out of nothing. Same thing could've happened tonight.

This team - when fully fit - is miles better.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Every time Coquelin passed the ball forward it went straight out of play.

Good player, not the class Arsenal need in midfield.

Agreed, he's a good player, but if we can find an upgrade we should do it.. Need a DM anyway as Flamini is useless and Arteta is finished.

Reactions: A_G

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Wenger: "I felt we were technically average today. When we looked like we were dominating, we conceded. Like Monaco, it's naive."

Wenger: "Barça are better than us. They never make a wrong pass in transition, always have great first touches to get out of pressure."

Would have been a different story with Wilshere and Cazorla in the team..

Most definitely - at least those two can pass & make a decent decision in the final 3rd. Ramsey, The Ox, Giroud & Alexis were wasteful tonight.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
He wasn't half as bad as people are saying today and he was on the end of our best chance of the match. Would I like to see a better striker? Of course. Is a Theo Walcott that couldn't hit the ocean the answer? I don't know. Of all the things to blame this loss on Giroud is very low for me. We could easily have kept this nil nil and had a chance to upset them in the return leg had the players behind Giroud not completely lost their marbles. I'm not trying to defend the guy because he frustrates me to no end but I've got to be as fair as I can here.

Not blaming it on Giroud at all, but on Wenger. We needed a better tactical plan, especially in the 2nd half.

MoHaMed14

Theo shouldn't be on the bench till he gets his head sorted. Abysmal performance. He was non-existent. He did every wrong decision going forward.

He has had enough chances lately. Should Welbeck ahead of him.

General

Established Member
I was confident for 40mins and we looked to have the better cutting edge but our game plan started heading for inevitable failure the moment a few players starting losing their concentration towards the end of the second half. At some point, Özil, Ramsey and Sanchez were casually strolling around like the game was over. I thought Ramsey's distribution was awful and we lacked a creative spark in the middle of the park. We were so much better than what we showed tonight and we gave Barca too much respect. We lacked the fearless edge we often carried in these games. As expected the lack of pace up top created too much workload for the midfield and we looked fatigued.

blaze_of_glory

I have to be honest.. I've not felt anything about the CL since the year we went out to Man U. Ever since, then...meh. Why get excited for something you know isn't going to happen? And the constant biased officiating. The tourney is just an add on to the actual season in my view. One that pays us and that's about it. Sad but true.

I'd be happy for less games now in fact, but I know the players will be down and that could hurt us in the league.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Why are people calling for Elneny over Ramsey? He was incredible for 60 minutes and surpassed my expectations for what he could do against the best team in the world. Looked like he belonged.
Agree, thought Ramsey was our best player today - still dire in terms of shooting, but today he had a proper midfield performance that we know he can deliver. Thought he and Coquelin acquited themselves relatively well in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom