• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal v Barcelona - 23/02/16, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Technical quality of our midfield is bang average. It's no wonder we're not able to pull away from Tottenham and Leicester.

Because we are missing two players Who are great to play against opponents Who press in midfield. Cazorla or Wilshere. Especially Cazorla is missed badly.

I still can't fathom why Giroud tried to play someone in when he had a great chance.

He wouldn't even of put the player in a good position, it was a dead end.

One of his worst moments this night. If he only more aware.

But it was Arsenal today, we were trying to do everything so quick. Lost so many balls because of it.

Top Quality

It was good from the good guys for about 70 minutes, and I agree with Wenger, we were in a position where we could hope to start dominating for the last 20. Then we got caught on a counter attack, same old story. Then the very avoidable penalty with Flamini and Mertesacker (who played up until 70min) and well, ...now it's almost over.

POSITIVES. Welbeck looked ...better than against Leicester, if he can keep the same level up for the rest of the season, I think we'll all be very happy at the end. Ramsey looked like he belong in midfield against the very best. And most importantly: this kind of performance will see us win against pretty much any PL team.

stajlarN

Cb7WjgyXIAIQ1PG.jpg

This how much Munich dominated Juventus look at Neuer lol

Good luck with these Barcelona they destroy you

At least they got a draw.. and I think barca will piss all over bayern.. messi was chillin this game, mostly walking about and he still got 2 goals.. they were faaaaaar from their best.. such a difference in quality between us its sickening tbh

Giroud

Established Member
Giroud had a good game. Ramsey was good in parts too but technically you can see he is a bit lacking. However these two guys gets slated on here while others get away with murder.

Coquelin is hitting passes out of play, missing when you need someone protecting the back 4 on the break while Chamberlain is constantly making poor touches yet these are immune to criticism.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
He wasn't half as bad as people are saying today and he was on the end of our best chance of the match. Would I like to see a better striker? Of course. Is a Theo Walcott that couldn't hit the ocean the answer? I don't know. Of all the things to blame this loss on Giroud is very low for me. We could easily have kept this nil nil and had a chance to upset them in the return leg had the players behind Giroud not completely lost their marbles. I'm not trying to defend the guy because he frustrates me to no end but I've got to be as fair as I can here.

True to that. To be fair he only got one good ball for the whole match, that cross from Nacho, which almost went in. It's just that this type of player is not suited for the type of game the team wants to play and it's painfully obvious to anyone. He disrupts the play, and the players aren't trained to play with him as a target man. You can see from our play that we need a runner to open up space.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Think Giroud's done to be honest, what kind of striker lays off that kind of chance in this type of game? Perfect position, on his stronger foot and he doesn't have the balls to take responsibility and pull the trigger. Zero confidence.
When he turned I thought he was going to shoot and I was actually expecting it to go in there. With our barren run in to this game, everybody is low on confidence and didn't fancy scoring at all. Really unlucky that we faced Barca with such low confidence...

Jamrock

Scoring goals has become a big big problem for us... What the hell? Arsenal with poor finishing in the same breathe? Where has it all gone wrong?

We just look clueless infront of goal, players sh*tting them at the sight of goal.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Cazorla would have been a real plus tonight. Allowing Ramsey to put in his shift in a role that wouldn't require him to leave Coquelin too exposed.

MoHaMed14

Think Giroud's done to be honest, what kind of striker lays off that kind of chance in this type of game? Perfect position, on his stronger foot and he doesn't have the balls to take responsibility and pull the trigger. Zero confidence.

I still can't understand why. It is striker's dream. He passes and wrongly too then blames someone else.

Giroud

Established Member
Because we are missing two players Who are great to play against opponents Who press in midfield. Cazorla or Wilshere. Especially Cazorla is missed badly.

Ok we are missing players in midfield but Walcott, Giroud and Chamberlain are key players to us. All are pretty poor technically by our standards.

These lads should be back up for a club like Arsenal.

General

Established Member
One thing I've noticed about this team is that we don't value ball retention and some of the loose balls was shocking. It was the same against Leicester.The Barca goal came from us p1ssing about with the ball around the right flank and then going on to gift them possession when we'd committed men forward. It was a disaster waiting to happen.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
They're spending their hard earned money and turning up to support the team while you are winging on a forum. Why don't you show up to the stadium and show them how its done? Or will you stay behind your keyboard as usual? That's easier ain't it?

I've gone to see the team when I've had the opportunity and when I've gone I've sang my little socks off.

There is a reason why people watching the stadium are called supporters and not an audience. they're there to provide support for the team. If you want to spend £70-£100 to sit there and be entertained, go to the West End and watch a play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom