• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell: Got Out While He Could

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Share the article pls
Would love to see that article, fastest I've done is 11.5. Would love to break the 11 barrier so I can tell people I'm a 10 second 100m runner. :cool::lol:

Back on topic. Worried Campbell may get sold. Our wings are cramped and there's at least two people below him in the pecking order. They're both home grown though and that might work against him. There's also Iwobi who seems to be Wenger's favourite right now as well as our new RW (hopefully).

AVENTUS

It's a tough one, the way I see it; now that Iwobi has come through the ranks and is cementing himself in the first team squad, Joel should probably leave for his own good, if Wenger won't play him over Theo several times this season he's not going to be chosen over Ox or Iwobi in the long run and honestly I'd prefer Iwobi and Ox hopefully getting games here continuing to evolve as players all in all.

Joel is a peach, but I think it's best for all parts that he's given a transfer.

Joel shouldn't be shipped off Wenger should.

I'm sick of Wenger putting all this faith in
Mediocre players over the years like Bendtner and letting better players like Vela sit on the bench then eventually be sold.

We keep Campbell 100 % and if we really think Iwobi is the real deal after a few games keep them over both Chamberlian and Walcott

They should be the ones to go they've been here for years and given us nothing in return.

Campbell has worked so hard to make it here played in 4 different countries worked his Arse off to get a work permit never given us a bad game when asked to play all so Wenger could turn around and ship him out so poverty players like Walcott and Chamberlain could stay here.

Fu(k that..

This English core too :lol:

Walcott = Rubbish
Wilshere = Rubbish
Gibbs = Rubbish
Chamberlian = Rubbish

none of them a match for the foreign player who now occupies their position

Wilshere ahead of either Coquelin or Elneny right now is laughable same goes for Gibbs vs Monreal or Walcott/Chambo vs Campbell

I'd be extremely pissed off if Campbell is sold in the summer..

dysphoria

Established Member
Why are people going on and on about how the ox has a supposed higher "ceiling" compared to campbell when it's evident that the ox doesn't have the mentality required to be a proper world class player.

This is the lad whose always full of bantz but has yet to replicate it on the pitch, while he may have the physical power, imo, his ceiling isn't very high because he's mentally weak(as evident by how he's not learn from the monaco debacle and made similar mistakes this season), when he's in a rut as he was for most parts this season, he wasn't able to at the very least cut of the simple mistakes, imo, if not for his work rate being better than walcott's, there'd be very little different in their outputs this season.

Campbell for me any day, i don't see none of joel, the ox nor theo ever being able to reach a world class level BUT joel has a footballing intelligence that neither theo nor the ox have, joel has similar if not better work rate than the ox and mentally, he's miles ahead of the other two.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Walcott = Rubbish
Wilshere = Rubbish
Gibbs = Rubbish
Chamberlian = Rubbish

What 'core'? Gibbs, Walcott and Chamberlain are squaddies ffs!

Wilshere is a fantastic player that will walk back into the side when fit, over El Neny and or whoever else is playing in front of Coq, he's what we need.

Why isn't Welbeck in ther as well, if Walcott is? :lol: Welbeck can still only dream of Theo numbers at this point in his career.

Too much focus on this English core thing, when there's so much wrong with the players that play for us week in, week out.

Bit of a buzz phrase this week, it seems. Very strange.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Joel shouldn't be shipped off Wenger should.

I'm sick of Wenger putting all this faith in
Mediocre players over the years like Bendtner and letting better players like Vela sit on the bench then eventually be sold.

We keep Campbell 100 % and if we really think Iwobi is the real deal after a few games keep them over both Chamberlian and Walcott

They should be the ones to go they've been here for years and given us nothing in return.

Campbell has worked so hard to make it here played in 4 different countries worked his Arse off to get a work permit never given us a bad game when asked to play all so Wenger could turn around and ship him out so poverty players like Walcott and Chamberlain could stay here.

Fu(k that..

Walcott = Rubbish
Wilshere = Rubbish
Gibbs = Rubbish
Chamberlian = Rubbish

none of them a match for the foreign player who now occupies their position

Wilshere ahead of either Coquelin or Elneny right now is laughable same goes for Gibbs vs Monreal or Walcott/Chambo vs Campbell

I'd be extremely pissed off if Campbell is sold in the summer..

Wilshere is rubbish but you wanted to keep Vela . Vela's a muppet

Carlos Vela Fined €100K For Blowing Off Practice After Chris Brown Concert

US_Gooner

Established Member
What 'core'? Gibbs, Walcott and Chamberlain are squaddies ffs!
The British Core

But what struck me the most in all those interviews was that Arsène Wenger was then, and is now, a firm believer in the ‘British core’. Arsenal bought Danny Welbeck from Manchester United for £16m last week and with that purchase, Welbeck represents Wenger’s sixth English starter on this Arsenal team: Welbeck, Walcott, Wilshere, Chambers, Oxlade-Chamberlain, and Gibbs. If you cast the net further and include British players you have Aaron Ramsey in the group as well.

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140909/the-british-core

Plenty of other examples at the club's official site.

Iceko

Its a huge injustice whats being done to Campbell. He deserves to start no doubt in my mind. What Wenger has against him is beyond me. Campbell is better than Iwobi in many ways. Can dribble, is physically stronger and has a better pass. Maybe Wenger cant stand that he got boo'd for taking Joel off. Arsenes arrogant like that. Forget selling Joel. If I was him I'd hand in a transfer request the moment this season is over (already over basically).

Iceko

The thing is. What reason does Arsène have for not playing him? Theres nothing showing us on the pitch that he's doing something wrong. Theres no reports of him slacking off in training or doing bad things in his free time. So its got nothing to do probably with his performance on and off the pitch. It leads me to believe its just Wengers own personal agenda to make sure Campbell doesnt play. Most likely he's too stubborn to let go of players he has an undying (and undeserved) faith in: Giroud, Walcott for example. And the fact that hes bringing Iwobi into the starting line-up is probably because itll stroke his ego that he's created another elite talent at the club.

infinium

I don't think Campbell not playing has anything to do with Walcott and Giroud. Ox is injured, Walcott and Giroud were dropped yesterday and he still didn't choose Campbell! Wenger just doesn't seem to rate the guy fundamentally.

infinium

I don't think Wenger has ever particularly rated "hard working" players except in the DM role. He loves people with elite skills: physical strength/power, speed, vision, etc. Maybe Campbell just does everything well but excels in nothing in particular.

Croney17

I don't think Campbell not playing has anything to do with Walcott and Giroud. Ox is injured, Walcott and Giroud were dropped yesterday and he still didn't choose Campbell! Wenger just doesn't seem to rate the guy fundamentally.
Sad isn't it, especially when you consider campbell's excellent performance away to olympiacos played a big part in keeping wenger's group qualification run going?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom