• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Madness- Summer 2016

Will the #madness happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Players move to clubs who win the league, Leicester just won it. No everything is as simple as we are a bigger club it must mean players from smaller clubs must join.

If I was vardy I would honestly struggle to move given the finances aren't that different, but you love the atmosphere and what Leicester have done for his career.

Clubs all around Europe have still managed to get big players. Look at Real Madrid, Juve etc even when they were ****.

I know Vardy was a bit of a different one but you get the sentiment.

tim08

Earlier before the Vardy thing came about, I was sure all three were staying put.

Mahrez is a possibility, however Kante at £20m is just too good a deal to turn down. His further exposure at the Euros will only ensure his shop window light shines even brighter and I'm expecting France to go deep into the competition.

There are already fairly reliable reports saying both PSG and Madrid have been in discussions with him, and when the really big boys come knocking then you don't say no. Kante has also hardly committed himself to Leicester when asked about it by the media.

Leicester signing that Mendy fella recently who is a Kante mk2 shows that the writing is on the wall imo.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

So back to square one then with oli, I reckon we will buy a cf but at what level i dont know. Looks like @Jury is quids in with his bet with @GDeep™ ! Lets just hope he buys to quality players and just run with it!!

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Mahrez is a possibility, however Kante at £20m is just too good a deal to turn down. His further exposure at the Euros will only ensure his shop window light shines even brighter and I'm expecting France to go deep into the competition.

There are already fairly reliable reports saying both PSG and Madrid have been in discussions with him, and when the really big boys come knocking then you don't say no. Kante has also hardly committed himself to Leicester when asked about it by the media.

Leicester signing that Mendy fella recently who is a Kante mk2 shows that the writing is on the wall imo.
Kante is from Paris as well I think. Perfect move with them phasing out Motta as well. I do get the feeling him and Mahrez may just go at it for another season.

kopzilla

Always Negative
So it seems Wenger wasn't bluffing when he said that the Vardy deal was off. Let's hope he does the "1-2 more signings" part as well..

It won't be fun if the new signings are some young unknown nobodies...we need a big game player striker desperately...need t o spend 30 -40 million + if need be to get the guy be it Higuain or anyone else.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Vietto, icardi, bashituyi, lacazette, lukaku....... Some absolute ****house names.

Wenger has royally ****ed this club over with his unwillingness to spend some ****ing cash. Next season stinks of another boring top 4 finish.

You are true to your name brother! The transfer dealings at this club call for crazy-ass fury from everyone!

tim08

Genuine question here. People are scoffing Chicarito but I just wanted to have some insight into why? I must admit i haven't seen much of him at all since his time at United but his goal record in Germany is very good. And when at United he was a great goalscorer and often scored some very big goals for them.

Is it because his all-round game and link up play isn't good enough? Can't lead the line on his own? I know he is quite a limited striker, but surely we are crying out for somebody who just comes alive in the box and sticks it in the net, we have so many players who drop deep to link play, we just need to somebody to haunt the opposition 6 yard box and be ruthlessly clinical?

4R5Emaniac

Genuine question here. People are scoffing Chicarito but I just wanted to have some insight into why? I must admit i haven't seen much of him at all since his time at United but his goal record in Germany is very good. And when at United he was a great goalscorer and often scored some very big goals for them.

Is it because his all-round game and link up play isn't good enough? Can't lead the line on his own? I know he is quite a limited striker, but surely we are crying out for somebody who just comes alive in the box and sticks it in the net, we have so many players who drop deep to link play, we just need to somebody to haunt the opposition 6 yard box and be ruthlessly clinical?
Buli defenders are mostly bad beyond the obvious good ones and the refereeing doesn't allow hacking down of players unlike in England or Spain.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

The striker market really is at an all time low. Anyone below 50m isn't good enough & those above are looking over priced

We're lucky to at least have Giroud at this point

Kingslayer

Forza Milan

Has a **** nickname.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
You are talking about the man who spent all summer last year being jerked around by Benzema and ended up with nothing right? That Wenger?

Last summer we dont really know what happened, did we try and buy Benzema or any other striker? I have no idea! This year its public knowledge that we activated Vardy's release clause. Also now we only have Giroud as a striker, last summer Wenger thought he had Walcott as well. We will buy a striker, have faith :)

FinnGooner

Established Member
The striker market really is at an all time low. Anyone below 50m isn't good enough & those above are looking over priced

We're lucky to at least have Giroud at this point

Lewandowski, Vardy, Higuain, Agüero, Aubameyang etc. were all a lot under 50m at some point just before their breakthrough.

The next Lewandowski, the next Higuain, the next Agüro and the next Hatty Kane etc. are all out there. Now it's time measure the quality of our scouting department. Haven't been very convincing lately.

Our pipepline of young strikers has been abysmal for quite some time. We've neglected that department for years and now we pay for it.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
I dont see how its embarrassing. We made an offer he didn't want to come we move on. Thats how transfers work.
Getting Vardy was always going to be difficult, hes just won the league with Leicester, they're in the CL. The guy is already settled, he's seen as being a hero by their fans. Why would he leave?

• Money
  • Ambition - to test himself alongside and against the best players in the Champions League every year and to win trophies.
I think that the embarrassment is that Vardy appears to have strung Arsenal along to get a better deal, otherwise why get to the stage of triggering the release clause? That would have been ok if Arsenal could have kept the fact that the release clause had been triggered out of the press, but they didn't and now they have egg on their face.

Like everyone I guess...I'm really surprised by Vardy's decision. I would be intrigued to know why he didn't take the move.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The neglect is now coming home to roost. Ridiculous. If we'd brought in two players last summer we'd be fine. Now we have less money to spread over three positions

Vardy was ideal a small fee and a good striker to boot. It left money for a wide forward and a defender Now we've to pay more for a striker of the same quality and still need a defender and a wide forward.

Wenger is part of the problem. Always leaving us short, always gambling and to anyone out there when was the last time a Wenger gamble paid off?

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Is there any way Sturridge can be destabilised at Pool. Slap £35 million down and see what happens? Nothing could be as embarrassing as the Vardy situation.

4R5Emaniac

Lewandowski, Vardy, Higuain, Agüero, Aubameyang etc. were all a lot under 50m at some point just before their breakthrough.

The next Lewandowski, the next Higuain, the next Agüro and the next Hatty Kane etc. are all out there. Now it's time measure the quality of our scouting department. Haven't been very convincing lately.

Our pipepline of young strikers has been abysmal for quite some time. We've neglected that department for years and now we pay for it.
Great point. Since Eduardo, Adebayor and RVP- Giroud to an extent- we've been criminal with signing strikers. None of them cost a fortune and now, we can't find one upcoming player for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom