• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Liverpool | 14th of August at 16:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbury Rock City

God damn stinker! You did it again, Arsenal...
And once again it's the seniors of the squad that won't do jack **** while we're under pressure. How the hell can a team all of a sudden deflate in that manner after a equaliser?

S-T-I-N-K-E-R

Last edited:
N

NotAUserName

Trying at the stats and trying to comprehend what happened today. A couple of numbers hit me:
Callum chambers completed 70 passes today, more than Coquelin & Elneny combined. Yes Callum Chambers.
Let's also note as well that Ramsey completed 26 passes...Yes 26!
(By the Xhaka had 25 passes competed in 20 min).
There is no way we could have won that game today with that set up.
Between the three in the MF, we have less than 100 competed passes.
This was just dreadful. I would love to hear a rational explanation on starting these three together.
Cazorla is not yet match fit.

crazyman

Unreal squad depth? I count 18 players I would actually have in my first team squad and two of those (Wilshere and Welbeck) are permanently crocked.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
This guy spent his life as an Arsenal fan. Breaks my heart seeing him so disappointed.

He reminds me of my Granddad, the first Gooner in my family who is just as disgusted. :(

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
That is what I have been hearing for the last 2 weeks but he still managed to play 90 min last Friday and an other 25 on Sunday.
I just don't get it.
Yeah but playing 90 in a preseason game doesn't mean you can do the same in high intensity PL game. Can't risk pushing a guy with an achilles problem either, Wenger did that with Kos in 2014 and it was a mistake.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Every time we lose the fans say spend some money! Instead of of talking about the game and what went wrong. that why I stopped watch AFTV.

Exactly what I was thinking, the only people I listen to are Moh, Chris and Keleichi because I find him funny.

The rest like most football fans in this country are far too reactionary and emotional to provide any perspective on the game.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Yeah but playing 90 in a preseason game doesn't mean you can do the same in high intensity PL game. Can't risk pushing a guy with an achilles problem either, Wenger did that with Kos in 2014 and it was a mistake.

I guess that is the rational explanation, otherwise it is criminal negligence not to start him. I did not like his body language either when he came in, he looked really frustrated.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Jane is making some good points. Monreal was often on an island w/out support. Ramsey at some point was ahead of Sanchez, rushing the keeper...Totally disjointed set up.

Hence why I've been calling for Joel Campbell to start as he gives us defensive balance.

Ramsey was very naive in the no.10 hole with his predictable poor movement and passes. I like him as a player but he needs to be dropped for a couple of matches.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Jane is making some good points. Monreal was often on an island w/out support. Ramsey at some point was ahead of Sanchez, rushing the keeper...Totally disjointed set up.

Yes 2 of Liverpool goals came from Monreal side. That Mane goal really made me lost my s**t how the f**k you allow him enter like that its just all over the place. Same old s**t she's Right happened the same against Westham last season when collapse quickly

carlito'sway

Established Member
Hence why I've been calling for Joel Campbell to start as he gives us defensive balance.

Ramsey was very naive in the no.10 hole with his predictable poor movement and passes. I like him as a player but he needs to be dropped for a couple of matches.

I think he should be sold, I am not convinced he will ever make it as a top player, at least at Arsenal. Perhaps a change of scenery would help him.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Yes 2 of Liverpool goals came from Monreal side. That Mane goal really made me lost my s**t how the f**k you allow him enter like that its just all over the place.

Monreal is a very good positional defender but he is slow footed...next to him you have Chambers even slower...and Iwobi not coming back.... all that contributed to compound on the disaster.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Yes 2 of Liverpool goals came from Monreal side. That Mane goal really made me lost my s**t how the f**k you allow him enter like that its just all over the place. Same old s**t she's Right happened the same against Westham last season when collapse quickly

It was obvious from the 1st half that we didn't have a defensive midfield. Every time they had the ball on the counter they made it to our box, and our defence had to scramble.
To put it simply, our team is not drilled. It is not organised. It is not coached.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Found today a bit sad really, didn't once get excited or giddy over the thought of watching Arsenal again, used to be the highlight of my week most of the time. But I knew we'd lose today even at 1-0 up. It just sums the team up. I'll find it so so difficult to care this season if changes aren't made. Maybe that'll be a good thing though.

say yes

forum master baiter
Out of interest, who has been banned today? (If anyone)

Fanbase is going to go up in flames this season. Good legacy Arsène.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

She's right re Monreal - I did not understand the criticism of Monreal because most fullbacks, no matter how good they are, look shaky when you isolate them against relatively competent dribblers. That's an organizational issue - Iwobi was no help when it came to overloads. He seemed to do a lot of running to track back but was never really in the right position to prevent Monreal from being isolated, particularly in the 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom