• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Hull City v Arsenal | 17th of September at 15:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicky47

Established Member
Completely missed the game, but very pleased with the final result. A must 3 points... How was Mustafi by the way guys?

RUS arsenal

Established Member
I'm not impressed with what I have seen from the Coquelin - Cazorla partnership. I didn't solely blame Coquelin for our CL display. If you liked what you saw in the Southampton and PSG game from them, then there's nothing to talk about.
Not sure why Coq-Cazorla are being blamed for the PSG performance... o_O

Our defensive problems were mostly due to a disconnect between Mustafi and the rest of the defense (not surprising considering he only had a week with the team at that point) and our offensive problems were mostly down to Alexis still getting used to the CF role as well as a dip in form for Özil. There was no movement in the final 3rd. Cazorla was getting them the ball putting them in good positions to attack but the front 5 just couldn't get anything going until the shape was changed back to what they are used to. In fact Coq was the only one providing any offensive outlet because the others just stood there looking at each other constantly giving the ball away cheaply.

We had a lot of problems in that game, but Coq and especially Cazorla were not one of them.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
The best team since 03/04 and they can't be too fussed. Will there be a match in which we take a lead and not switch off after we concede?

Yeah, yeah, I know that we won by 3 goals and all, but I am not liking how our defense is always left exposed with 3-4 simple touches from the teams like Hull City.

This team has all the attributes to be successful. Just a little bit more tactical discipline, awareness and motivation. I hope someone can drill it into their minds.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
The best team since 03/04 and they can't be too fussed. Will there be a match in which we take a lead and not switch off after we concede?

Yeah, yeah, I know that we won by 3 goals and all, but I am not liking how our defense is always left exposed with 3-4 simple touches from the teams like Hull City.

This team has all the attributes to be successful. Just a little bit more tactical discipline, awareness and motivation. I hope someone can drill it into their minds.

I had similar feeling during match, especially on second half. Although we were in solid lead at 2-0, we huffed and puffed by making way too many errors and wrong decisions on final third. Unfortunately despite having a man advantage, we were never ruthless enough to put the game beyond sight early on.

If we played with same rhythm as in second half at v. PSG, we could've win this by 6-7 goals.

STYLEZ

With Xhaka and Mustafi, I really think we have quietly had a really great transfer season.

wait-who-the-hell-are-you.jpg

Na just kidding welcome to the Mania.

:D

They are both very effective signings.

:cool:

Proof

Established Member
Just a little bit more tactical discipline, awareness and motivation
Exactly. We get too comfortable at times and then lethargy sets in till we concede a goal. It ultimately comes down to tactical discipline and strategy, just like you said. There aren't many Premier League players I would swap for our current options.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Had to miss the game again today but watched MOTD. The passing was slick at times but still not clinical yet. Sanchez penalty was poor, if that went in it could have been a rout but nervousness persisted at 1-0 with Carzola risking a sending off.

In the end it came good, considering Hull almost held United and beat Leicester and Swansea. We've got to keep winning, shadowing Man C until they faulter.

STYLEZ

Had to miss the game again today but watched MOTD. The passing was slick at times but still not clinical yet. Sanchez penalty was poor, if that went in it could have been a rout but nervousness persisted at 1-0 with Carzola risking a sending off.

In the end it came good, considering Hull almost held United and beat Leicester and Swansea. We've got to keep winning, shadowing Man C until they faulter.

City looking really good we'll know the real story when they play their ties against Barcelona.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
City looking really good we'll know the real story when they play their ties against Barcelona.
They looked outstanding. Need them to draw or lose a couple of games because when the confidence builds that's when the title train really gets rolling.

Shows how poor Mourhino is, to let De Bruyne go in 2014 - said he wasn't good enough :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom