• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Chelsea | 24th of September at 17:30 (GMT)

What will the result be for the match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chami

Really pleased with the win. It was a dominant and controled performance. We manage to outplay them in most, if not all area, of the game.
I hope this game will be seen as a reference point for the season.

Now, for the future, and despite how happy I am, must say that we will face better / dirtier teams that this particular chelsea side and must stay on our toes !

Happy 20 years Arsène !

goonerwarsh

Established Member
He got booed off as well. it was a mix.

I have really mixed feelings when it comes to Fabregas. I think given his time again he would never have left Arsenal - he, along with Ashley Cole should have been one club men. I don't think Cole would regret his move, he went onto have a stellar career however I think Fabregas regrets the day he walked out of Arsenal. He should have been a club legend and he ****ed it. Same as RVP.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I have really mixed feelings when it comes to Fabregas. I think given his time again he would never have left Arsenal - he, along with Ashley Cole should have been one club men. I don't think Cole would regret his move, he went onto have a stellar career however I think Fabregas regrets the day he walked out of Arsenal. He should have been a club legend and he ****ed it. Same as RVP.

Agreed. He may have had titles for Barcelona, but the fans turned on him pretty fast despite the numbers he was getting (IIRC they were good). He was no longer the main man like he was here.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I can't say my feelings are mixed at all. I don't fault him going to Barca. I fully understood that move. I fault the way he behaved in his last year here. Feigning injury and not bothering to give his all for a team, manager and fans who gave him absolutely everything is disgusting. Look at the difference between how Henry left and how Cesc left. Thierry played his heart out in every single match in his final season for us, through injuries I might add. Fabregas got a little niggle and called it quits. I will never forgive that. He betrayed Wenger, the supporters and his teammates and then topped it off by signing for Chelsea. I don't care that we rightly didn't want him. If you care about a club you don't do any of the things he's done since leaving us. F*ck him now and forever.

Batman

I've got to say this guys, most of you know I've very little patience for Theo most days because he does some very annoying things on the pitch but I think this was his best performance ever in our shirt. The commitment he displayed on both ends of the pitch for the full 90 was absolutely astonishing and a joy to watch. He didn't put a foot wrong all day and I was very very proud of how he played.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I can't say my feelings are mixed at all. I don't fault him going to Barca. I fully understood that move. I fault the way he behaved in his last year here. Feigning injury and not bothering to give his all for a team, manager and fans who gave him absolutely everything is disgusting. Look at the difference between how Henry left and how Cesc left. Thierry played his heart out in every single match in his final season for us, through injuries I might add. Fabregas got a little niggle and called it quits. I will never forgive that. He betrayed Wenger, the supporters and his teammates and then topped it off by signing for Chelsea. I don't care that we rightly didn't want him. If you care about a club you don't do any of the things he's done since leaving us. F*ck him now and forever.
Exactly this. I remember that CL game, 2nd leg at the Nou Camp with the ref injustice...after the game he acted like he'd wanted Barcelona to win. That backheel to Iniesta may have been a mistake but he stank the place out. He wasn't even happy that we won the first leg. Couldn't believe it. Judas at least turned up during arguably the most difficult season for Arsenal.

Cesc, RVP and Cashley should have retired here, yes. Their departures and how they happened were another story but I agree with that sentiment and Cesc being a fvcking snake.

Batman

Exactly this. I remember that CL game, 2nd leg at the Nou Camp with the ref injustice...after the game he acted like he'd wanted Barcelona to win. That backheel to Iniesta may have been a mistake but he stank the place out. He wasn't even happy that we won the first leg. Couldn't believe it. Judas at least turned up during arguably the most difficult season for Arsenal.

Cesc, RVP and Cashley should have retired here, yes. Their departures and how they happened were another story but I agree with that sentiment and Cesc being a fvcking snake.
I'll never forget that backheel either. At the time it just seemed like a dreadful mistake. Knowing what we know about him now, maybe it wasn't. Judas really put us on his back that year. He'd have dragged us past Barca if the refs hadn't fixed that 2nd leg. What annoys me is that if he'd just been patient for one my year I think he'd have lead us to the title instead of United and that nonsense about the little boy in him wanting to play for them was nauseating. He never ever quit on us though and so while I don't like him anymore(and he was my favorite player after Thierry left so I felt especially betrayed) I still don't despise him to the extent I do that snake. Cashley is one where he's just an all around bad human being so I don't really consider him too much of a loss because Clichy was serviceable enough as a replacement. Yes, he should have retired with us and yes we should have found the money to give him what he was worth but the way he went about his move to Chelsea was scuzzy and I feel nothing for him but contempt.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I'll never forget that backheel either. At the time it just seemed like a dreadful mistake. Knowing what we know about him now, maybe it wasn't. Judas really put us on his back that year. He'd have dragged us past Barca if the refs hadn't fixed that 2nd leg. What annoys me is that if he'd just been patient for one my year I think he'd have lead us to the title instead of United and that nonsense about the little boy in him wanting to play for them was nauseating. He never ever quit on us though and so while I don't like him anymore(and he was my favorite player after Thierry left so I felt especially betrayed) I still don't despise him to the extent I do that snake. Cashley is one where he's just an all around bad human being so I don't really consider him too much of a loss because Clichy was serviceable enough as a replacement. Yes, he should have retired with us and yes we should have found the money to give him what he was worth but the way he went about his move to Chelsea was scuzzy and I feel nothing for him but contempt.
Agreed on all fronts. Had he been patient, you never know. The sort of guy he was he may have signed a new contract midway in the season and probably plays at the back of his mind I suppose. That little boy BS was cringe worthy too. Conduct when a player is representing Arsenal does have value imo. And you're right, he'd have never given up on Arsenal. Fabregas literally destroyed the genuine good feeling towards him with his behavior. Cashley as well in that respect. What we should have done doesn't cancel out his regrettable actions.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
That performance was our best one since the stadium move - if we go all the way back, it was easily our best one since the 1-0 at the Bernabeu in 2006.

Chelsea 2016, ManUre 2015 and Napoli 2013 (underrated by many, but a brilliant team performance) we were fantastic.

And what's really interesting here is, that vs both Chelsea and ManUre, we've had a mobile front three, with no Giroud up front. Not saying that's the sole reason, but the way we caused havoc amongst both these "defenses", makes you appreciate why Wenger chose to put Sanchez up top, and why Walcott made these comments a couple of weeks ago, that he'll stick to the right-wing.

We're all witnessing a new Wenger-plan, and by the looks of yesterday, it might just work (again). Giroud's days as our vocal point in attack are definitely over, and while I still like him, I think it's for the better.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐
Trusted ⭐

A performance that would otherwise be flawless, if not for Monreal's occasional recklessness. If I were to change ANYTHING from the game, it would be to have Monreal fitted with an ankle tracker, the moment he starts leaving his immediate area he gets an electric shock to remind him to stop marauding & leave it to the rest, just focus on defending.

That moment when Willian had a hectare of space to aim & shoot boiled my blood no end, we should be beyond such school boy errors:mad:.

On the upside, Chelsea have been given the thrashing they've been so richly deserving for a long time & it felt GREAT!!!:drool::drool::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom