• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Everton (H) v Arsenal (A) | 13th December 2016 | 19:45 GMT | BT Sport

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
A great opportunity to give minutes?:lol: Yeah, in a must win game, let's give the fringe players minutes.

Great time to get condescending with people who disagree with you when your chosen starting 11, that you advocated so strongly earlier in this thread just lost this so-called must-win game...

How did Walcott look in the game? Like the streaky player he's always been? A player you were so keen to see start over Lucas. Last time I checked, Lucas scored a hat-trick away in Europe. You're only as good as your last match...

Lucas is a substantially superior footballer to Walcott and he's had to sit on the bench and watch him play **** and his team lose only a couple of days after his last starting opportunity.

Next another person will say that players earn a handsome wage and so should be able to play twice a week. Whenever that old chestnut comes up, you know that the person arguing against rotation is resorting to straw man arguments.

Ramsey was a well-paid man when he got tackled by Shawcross, so I suppose he should have just reminded himself of his salary and run it off...

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Wouldn't blame Iwobi there tbh, credit the Everton players for throwing their bodies in the way to keep the result

The other side would have been a certain goal even if Giroud was in the way. Would have been a harder technique though don't blame him for putting his foot through it instead of opening up.

Reactions: A_G

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Koeman has an Indian sign over Arsène for sure. Goodison was rocking tonight and they really drove their team on.

P

PayableOnDeath

Lol.

Or how nobody will simply give credit to Everton for Beaten us.

Instead Özil was ****, And we applied no pressure to their flank players.
I'm really surprised at the total lack of rotation. I knew the changes I wanted wouldn't happen, but I felt sure that Gibbs would get a game.

A great opportunity to give minutes to Gibbs, Lucas, Elneny, Iwobi not taken and nothing to show for it.

I honestly think it is time for an end to this management of fear where rotation is such a feared concept. Just leaves players on the bench itching for a game and not getting enough game time, and first 11 players having dips in form.

Exactly exactly how i feel. I suppose keeping the dressing room happy lays a part. If walcott is dropped for perez, even one game, he gets shown up and he leaves

IchirotoV2

No one is allowed to say that we'll ever win anything easy because of the opponents terrible form. It's what we do. We show up to any team that haven't had a win for (insert-number-of-games-here) and being terribly out of form just to play like absolute toss giving them a Christmas present (even when it's not Christmas), way too often. We get to see the Arsenal Charity Club waaaay too often.

We can lose to any team, any time. If you think that we'll steam roll City, just because they're in bad form, think of this match and the countless similar situations where we bottled it.

Balls.

I'm just fuming

Bendtneer

Well it's good we have a match in 4 days. Let's beat city n get over this result.its 3.30 am n i hav to get up for work at 7.Fck off William.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's not the result that annoys me. More so our mentality. It's not the mentality of winning before style. At 1-0 we hadn't even fashioned a clear chance before we got a lucky goal. Yet we continue to pop the ball around like we ripped them apart as if it were a training session.

We turned what was a poisonous atmosphere towards Everton into the complete opposite. We did that and we do it regularly. There is alot of fighting talk and talk about focus but every now and then we don't show it and in the end that will be our downfall.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
The only thing I'd say is that we let them off the hook in the first 1/2 - once we went 1-0 I think we should have turned the screw because there was a moment when the crowd could have turned.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Seriously what's the obsession with Lucas? Am I missing something because to me he's very average from what I've seen

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Waiting to be convinced by Xhaka. That said, glad he is getting a run in the team even if he does have a number of mistakes in him. It's the only way we will know if he's legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom