• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Chelsea vs Arsenal| 04/02/17 | 12:30 K/O (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I'm very glad we got Xhaka. We needed that strong Vieira type replacement and Xhaka gives us exactly that.
Mate. There is nothing remotely similar about Xhaka and Vieira. Every club in the world has been looking for the next Paddy since he retired and nobody has come close to finding someone like him. Paddy was stronger in the challenge than Xhaka, more mobile, a better passer, more disciplined and a leader of men. The only aspects where Xhaka isn't woefully inferior to Paddy are long range shooting and follicle growth. Xhaka for all of his cards doesn't even leave one on a player like Paddy did. He instilled genuine fear into opposing mids because they knew that he was not only strong enough to hurt them but also smart enough to do it over the 90 because he wasn't so reckless as to constantly be sent off. That's quite a contrast to what we've seen from Xhaka so far.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I hate it when we lose early games. It make sure it difficult to enjoy the other games. Commentators love referencing prior games.

Yeah I can't be bothered to watch any games after we lose. Enough football for the weekend.

Bager

If we attract a top manager and are prepared to spend big the players will come regardless of us being in the Champions League - Man Utd and Chelsea have proven as much. I'm worried our spending spree last summer is going to hinder us though.

And Manu and Chelsea will pay far over the top for a player, including giving insane wages. Do you see Arsenal doing the same?

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
This is the pretty much same team that battered this Chelsea team at the Emirates earlier this season. The difference was how we approached the game and our mentality.

We might have pretty much the same team as we had then but the same can't be said of Chelsea. Back then Conte was still playing with a back four with the likes of Ivanovic and Batshuayi getting significant gametime. He saw his Chelsea team get battered that day and then decided to mix it up instead of persisting with the same garbage over and over again. Will Wenger do likewise after today?

kopzilla

Always Negative
Monday morning I'll be back at work suffering abuse from rival fans.

I don't have strength for this. I'll have to buy choclates and sweets for them from the vending machines as that's what we bet.

Where is God? I'm in tears here.

Did you bet today...this result was a banker...could have made millions.

Jm89

The fact that people think our problem is that we simply don't spend enough on new players and the like is hilarious :lol:. Just don't come complaining when we turn into United, spending outrageous money on mediocrity and still get f*ck all in success while ignoring the real problems.

Problem clearly lies in team selection, tactics and mentality, it's clear as day. This is the pretty much same team that battered this Chelsea team at the Emirates earlier this season. The difference was how we approached the game and our mentality. Spending money on new players will do f*ck all.

We don't spend enough on the correct players that would balance out of starting 11 we are a team of dwarfs compared to other teams and it has a serious effect on how we are able to deal with the larger and more powerful teams we just can't deal with it!

Can you ever imagine wenger dropping players for the best of the team? Has he got the balls to drop Özil who is more hindrance then help? He cannot keep defending his players bad blaming stuff of refs decisions!

We are awful and will awlyad be with him in. Charge he's past it and has no new tricks as a manger!

kopzilla

Always Negative
Agreed.

We do not coach outfield zonal play, and we do not move into spaces around the ball. Its clear that we are replicating those 5 a side drills during training. Be creative on the ball and make things happen on the day.

Wenger continues to treat the game like a passtime instead of serious business. What he fails to understand is the magnitude of the game and the amount of money which is put into it.

For this reason he should leave the club. You cannot be in such a high profile position and be so irresponsible.

It has always been philosophy first for him.

Ashybashy86

Who the hell is this guy? :lol: Keep seeing his face on here after matches.

Doubt anyone cares about his opinion tbh.
He's an Arsenal fan, who does rather good post-match analyses. His opinion should hold as much weight and signifcance as any other gooner on this forum, imo.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
And Manu and Chelsea will pay far over the top for a player, including giving insane wages. Do you see Arsenal doing the same?

Not really, but that wasn't the point I was making anyways. If you're a big club with a big name manager offering big money, players will come to you regardless of whether or not you're in the Champions League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown
Top Bottom