• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL R16 2nd Leg | Arsenal (1) v Bayern (5) | March 7 19:45 GMT | BT Sport

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Yes, we might not make it to the QF but we have something else to play for in this match. We were pretty good up until the point when the ref decided to be a proper c*nt. Everything went to pieces after that.

This is one of those game where you truly feel sorry for Wenger. It feels like you want to sit next to him, pat him on the shoulder and say "It's going to be alright mate".

grim_tales1

Dreadful, dreadful game. I feel so angry yet numb at the same time. Yes the ref may have been a **** at times against us but after the 2nd goal we were shocking, it was like a pub team FFS, Kos should have scored that header and then it all might have been different.

We looked broken or just didnt care.

sammy89

Yes, we might not make it to the QF but we have something else to play for in this match. We were pretty good up until the point when the ref decided to be a proper c*nt. Everything went to pieces after that.

This is one of those game where you truly feel sorry for Wenger. It feels like you want to sit next to him, pat him on the shoulder and say "It's going to be alright mate".
What the hell, we were not good, more like Bayern sat off, waiting for us to eff up eventually and pick us off. That's exactly what teams that are 5-1 up do! They only needed one goal to kill the tie off, what did you expect? For Bayern to come flying out of the blocks?! You've been watching naive Arsenal tactics for way too long mate. The way I see it, it's more like Bayern executed their plan to perfection

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
What the hell, we were not good, more like Bayern sat off, waiting for us to eff up eventually and pick us off. That's exactly what teams that are 5-1 up do! They only needed one goal to kill the tie off, what did you expect? For Bayern to come flying out of the blocks?! You've been watching naive Arsenal tactics for way too long mate. The way I see it, it's more like Bayern executed their plan to perfection

No one ever expected Bayern to win 5-1 here. And the way it was looking, we had the upper hand in this tie. Bayern did not execute their plan to perfection otherwise they would not have conceded and simply scored the first goal.

This result was already know, just that this particular tie took a very sour turn.

sammy89

No one ever expected Bayern to win 5-1 here. And the way it was looking, we had the upper hand in this tie. Bayern did not execute their plan to perfection otherwise they would not have conceded and simply scored the first goal.

This result was already know, just that this particular tie took a very sour turn.
Bayern could afford to concede even two goals without panicking and I'm 100% sure that was their plan. There's no ****ing heroism in picking up the pace with a gap of 3 or more goals, anyone who's watched football for a long period of time knows that

David_Smith

I missed the match (had important work).
5-1 is not a good score. We need to take it on the chin and move on. We can now focus on the premier league and the FA Cup. We have yet a good chance to win a trophy this season and finish in the top 4 but that can only happen if the fans get behind the team and the manager.

Linson

Just seen the highlights, Linson lowdown:

1. Replacing Welbeck with Giroud means fundamentally changing Wenger's original plan / tactics (i.e. counter-attacking against aerial threat/physicality)

2. We seemed dominant in the first half

3. We had a Plan A but no Plan B

4. Walcott's penalty replays were inconclusive on my poor stream

5. Koscielny fouled Lewandowski, but he made the most of it

6. Penalty and red card probably doesn't comply with new laws of last man

7. Triple sub in 70th minute was naive

8. Did we really only have 6 subs?

9. The combination of weak mentality and tactical naivety has shattered this club

10. IMO in the summer we need a clear out and a new manager, sacking Wenger now would be disrespectful and wouldn't gain us much

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Why do we always seem to get red cards against the likes of Bayern, Barca ffs - always seem to be playing with 10 men against these crooks.

Yup , look at that foul on Sancez by Vidal in first half , that was could have been red . Such a soft pen that was too , that **** happens every week .

That was the ref's first appearance in a knock out round ever . Better to be in Bayerns/Beckenbauer good books than Arsenal's .

Why do we always seem to get red cards against the likes of Bayern, Barca ffs - always seem to be playing with 10 men against these crooks.

Remeber the red card Persie got against Barcelona... Disgusting.

I may be saying this because of frustration but red cards are not healthy at all for the game viewing. Should be changed somehow. There should always be 11 vs 11 on the field. Maybe make it so that red carded player will cost two subs. So team will only have one sub left but still 11 players on the field.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Yup , look at that foul on Sancez by Vidal in first half , that was could have been red . Such a soft pen that was too , that **** happens every week .

That was the ref's first appearance in a knock out round ever . Better to be in Bayerns/Beckenbauer good books than Arsenal's .
The referee in the first leg was excellent. Same result. What was the excuse then?

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Thank you.
Inconsistency in refereeing is just a clear sign of many wrong things in todays football. Nothing new, nothing that happens to us only. Yet, ppl are still blind. Cause its easier to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom