• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand Wenger. Surely he can see that he is not doing well at Arsenal. So why stay and ruin his legacy? If it is for money then he can make more somewhere else like China or may be even PSG if they haven’t changed their mind. Both the club and he need a new start before things get worse. Sadly though I can’t see him leaving whether we finish in the top 4 or not. If we don’t finish in the top 4 their excuse for keeping him would “who would be better than the man who has finished in the top for 20 years”?

Godwin1

Very well-known
I don’t understand Wenger. Surely he can see that he is not doing well at Arsenal. So why stay and ruin his legacy? If it is for money then he can make more somewhere else like China or may be even PSG if they haven’t changed their mind. Both the club and he need a new start before things get worse. Sadly though I can’t see him leaving whether we finish in the top 4 or not. If we don’t finish in the top 4 their excuse for keeping him would “who would be better than the man who has finished in the top for 20 years”?
The problem is people who are past their best quite often can't see it in themselves. And Wenger is a few years past his best.

It is his baby. 20 years of his life. His marriage gone I read somewhere. Wenger basically has made modern Arsenal. He is not gonna give it up easily.

Doubt he is past his best either. He has done solid job, on par with managers who are highly rated on here like Klopp and Mourinho.

Up to board to show ambition.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Wenger just got worse year by year.When we expect from Arsenal something,he fails.Wonder what board will do if he finishes outside top 4.

scytheavatar

Established Member

You just need to look at the AKB people to know Wenger's mentality: he has more loyalty to Arsène than Arsenal. It's all about giving Wenger the sending off he deserves. Even if it means risking the long term future of the club, or the long term future of our players that are suffering under Wenger's tactics.

WhatAFC

It is his baby. 20 years of his life. His marriage gone I read somewhere. Wenger basically has made modern Arsenal. He is not gonna give it up easily.

Doubt he is past his best either. He has done solid job, on par with managers who are highly rated on here like Klopp and Mourinho.

Up to board to show ambition.
How has he done a job comparable to mourinho?

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Stay or go? I'm beyond caring anymore on what he or our blighted board decide. I've resolved to keep supporting my beloved Arsenal in spite of his presence on the touchline next season.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Stay or go? I'm beyond caring anymore on what he or our blighted board decide. I've resolved to keep supporting my beloved Arsenal in spite of his presence on the touchline next season.

Lucky you.

My love for the club has slowly eroded into indifference. Seeing the same stuff happening like clockwork year after year -

the timid, gutless 'performances';
the lack of pride for the shirt;
the annual humiliations;
the subsequent excuse-making & spin-doctoring, invoking referees, opposition tactics, dodgy financial metrics & stats without context, wilfully disregarding what everyone had witnessed with their own eyes;
the persistence with substandard players and contract extensions on mind-bogglingly high wages;
the charity contracts for past-it players;
throwing the armband around like soiled lingerie;
lack of respect towards the fans;
the small-time mentality;
endless whining about others' finances despite being the 7th richest club in the world

- has almost completely rendered me disillusioned about the team I've supported for 17 years, to the point I hardly get excited when we win, and have a mirthless laugh when we lose.

#socialcost

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Lucky you.

My love for the club has slowly eroded into indifference. Seeing the same stuff happening like clockwork year after year -

the timid, gutless 'performances';
the lack of pride for the shirt;
the annual humiliations;
the subsequent excuse-making & spin-doctoring, invoking referees, opposition tactics, dodgy financial metrics & stats without context, wilfully disregarding what everyone had witnessed with their own eyes;
the persistence with substandard players and contract extensions on mind-bogglingly high wages;
the charity contracts for past-it players;
throwing the armband around like soiled lingerie;
lack of respect towards the fans;
the small-time mentality;
endless whining about others' finances despite being the 7th richest club in the world

- has almost completely rendered me disillusioned about the team I've supported for 17 years, to the point I hardly get excited when we win, and have a mirthless laugh when we lose.

#socialcost

I agree, we're a shadow of who we once were & it hurts, but sadly as fans we're powerless to do anything.

I'm simply applying my greatest weapons (my stubbornness & patience) to my cause. I'm basically running on obstinacy now and I will not cease until Arsène has abdicated his throne. I'll probably be a while but I I take heart in that, should he elect to stay out of sheer greed and lack of shame, it'll be a mere two years.

Some will argue it's two years in which he damages the club still, but I feel to say how much more damage, save falling out the top 4, he can inflict.

Lack of pride? Check
Team atrophy? Check
Discord among the fans? Check

Those are well in place. We'll see the back of him, be it this summer or in 2019.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
I agree, we're a shadow of who we once were & it hurts, but sadly as fans we're powerless to do anything.

The way I see it:

If we do nothing, then nothing will change.
If we do something, then things may change.

On paper, and to the outsiders, protests might sound childish and reeking of 'first-world problems'. To those who have watched this proud club slowly slip away and lose its identity, it cuts deep and is an issue worth standing up for.

At the same time, it is important for both sides to maintain a level of respect and dignity, and not go overboard and descend into abuse.

I'm simply applying my greatest weapons (my stubbornness & patience) to my cause. I'm basically running on obstinacy now and I will not cease until Arsène has abdicated his throne. I'll probably be a while but I I take heart in that, should he elect to stay out of sheer greed and lack of shame, it'll be a mere two years.

Some will argue it's two years in which he damages the club still, but I feel to say how much more damage, save falling out the top 4, he can inflict.

Lack of pride? Check
Team atrophy? Check
Discord among the fans? Check

Those are well in place. We'll see the back of him, be it this summer or in 2019.

Full disclosure: I've wanted Wenger out since that shambolic summer window where his actions revealed player development was more important to him than the balance & needs of the team, opting not to replace Gilberto, Dolphinhead and Flamini (full respect to fans like @Biggus & @Anzac among others who had called it early on). Despite that, it's been heart-breaking to watch the decline of such an intelligent & universally-respected man into a divisive, polarising figure and a symbol of discord between fans.

He's incredibly fascinating, yet so frustrating. Sad will be the day when he departs; but it will herald a new dawn for the club; a necessary awakening.

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Why do people have this view that Wenger has nothing in his life but footy because he's split with Er indoors? Err...hello...Tinder???

We are painting a picture of an aged millionare rattling around in an empty mansion of football memorabilia watching Wiltords winner at Old Trafford in a loop in his private cinema in the basement.

I do not think this is the case.

Preacher

Always Crying
So, what are the reasons and arguments for Wenger stay on ?
  • we might drop out of top 4 w/o him
  • key players will leave if Wenger goes
  • players to blame
  • all this are 100% on Kroenke and the board, Wenger is blameless
  • fans and poor atmosphere/protests to blame
  • he should be allowed to see through his legacy
  • he will decide when he leaves
  • he is master of squad cost league, no need to try something different, we won't reach higher places.
  • this is only football
Nothing about Wenger's ability take the club forwards or challenge for big trophies. It's all about negativity or sentiment.

scytheavatar

Established Member

He is destroying the promising career of the players under him. How many of our players have actually improved over the past 2 seasons? The days of Wenger being the best manager in the world at developing players is ancient history, he is not able to teach his players how to press and how to deal with teams pressing them. And a lot of our players are at the age where either they get drilled to do things the right way, or they pick up habits that will not disappear for the rest of their career. Not to mention our players are suffering injury problems that those in other clubs don't suffer (*cough* Wilshere *cough*).....

GDeep™

League is very weak
Charlie Nicholas saying we need 5/6 players.

He said something else which I normally scoff at but found intriguing this time - sell Ospina and sign Hart, because Hart will bring in that "aggressive British attitude" back to the side.

Hart is a straight shooter, very vocal, all about players taking responsibility on the field etc. Obviously his limitations as a keeper are a stumbling block.

Hunter Zolomon

Charlie Nicholas saying we need 5/6 players.

He said something else which I normally scoff at but found intriguing this time - sell Ospina and sign Hart, because Hart will bring in that "aggressive British attitude" back to the side.

Hart is a straight shooter, very vocal, all about players taking responsibility on the field etc. Obviously his limitations as a keeper are a stumbling block.
He is not that bad of a goalie, better than cech is now. He just doesnt have that pep level of footballing ability. However bravo may have bben better with his feet but proved to not be a better goalie.
Our back line needs some vocal leadership, kos is a great cb but is not vocal at all, hart would be a great addition. Plus a decent left back, god know we need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom