• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Appointing someone without experience as DoF is the worst thing we could do right now, imo. This is no time to be experimenting. We need a stable hand to restructure the club.

Any DoF with qualification and success in the transfer market is not going to join us to become a Yes man for Wenger...... it is still unclear what the heck Gazidis wants our DoF to do and how he will work with Wenger.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
oh classic 1-2 players we need i think we need more Arséne and please stop keeping faith on s**te players if you stay.

He says it every year. He'll probably sign three or four, half of which won't be good enough. We will struggle to sign a striker at which point he'll tell us in August Sanchez can play as a striker, he scored 24 league goals last season. He'll then play Giroud or Welbeck up front for most of the season.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Would be more beneficial to just improve our scouting team than a true DoF. No justification for signing Xhaka with no clear partner for our formation or not finding a better striker than Lucas.

Toast

Established Member
Any DoF with qualification and success in the transfer market is not going to join us to become a Yes man for Wenger...... it is still unclear what the heck Gazidis wants our DoF to do and how he will work with Wenger.

And that's exactly the problem. The board doesn't want Wenger to go, Wenger won't work with anyone who outranks him and could overrule him (e.g. a DoF) and no good DoF will join us if they're not clearly going to outrank everybody else on football matters.

KROENKE SUCKS

Glad to see which posters are Kroenke's paid hacks coming out to
He trust players like Walcott,Ramsey,Gibbs etc.All in club for a very long time.How he can't see that they are not quality for Arsenal ?

He "trusts" Walcott and Gibbs because they are the best we have available. He tried to replace Walcott with Vardy but our negotiating team ****ed up as usual. Gibbs is there because we aren't going to bust a hump and replace him with real quality and we still need a backup left back.

Ramsey's great but injuries and our ever changing system asking different things of him have screwed him up a little, although 343 does seem to finally get the best out of him again.

Toast

Established Member
Would be more beneficial to just improve our scouting team than a true DoF. No justification for signing Xhaka with no clear partner for our formation or not finding a better striker than Lucas.

It's all tied together though. We currently don't really have someone to deal with matters such as setting up an effective scouting network, setting out academy goals, dealing with player valuation and negotiations and making improvements to all these areas etc etc. It all falls vaguely under Gazidis/Wenger's remit but it's a recipe for disaster. We need a clear structure and imo that starts with getting a DoF who outranks everybody on the footballing side of things.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

He "trusts" Walcott and Gibbs because they are the best we have available. He tried to replace Walcott with Vardy but our negotiating team ****ed up as usual. Gibbs is there because we aren't going to bust a hump and replace him with real quality and we still need a backup left back.

Ramsey's great but injuries and our ever changing system asking different things of him have screwed him up a little, although 343 does seem to finally get the best out of him again.

Nobody even knows who you are "New Member". How did our negotiating team f*ck up when Vardy didn't want to come? Every bit of what you posted is utter nonsense.

ChefMan21

One or two players... Pfft... Never heard anything so stupid in my life. We're 18 points off first, haven't looked like winning the EPL for years, and every other club will strengthen more than us (particularly those in the Champions League plus Man Utd, who will be able to spend more and on better players too). This guy is a complete you know what.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Typical Wenger conundrum. We switch to 3 at the back and we win 8 out of 9 games(?). Question is, why didn't we try something earlier when we were in a funk and dropping points left right and center. I still think this is a good time to make the break with Wenger. I know he'd prefer to go out at the top, but this is a good time with all the negativity swirling around. Make a clean break and rebuild. Time to give someone else an opportunity.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I'm not going to address rest of his comments about love for Arsenal and loyalty etc since its not right to kick a man when he's down. But saying the team is strong, needs to stay together and few changes are required he must be out of his mind.

We MUST go all the way in the market and get rid of every under performing, not good enough and unreliable player we have however we can. Tell them immediately to find a new club or they won't be part of the first team. Doing both is absolutely crucial and specially a big opportunity given most of their contracts are running out. This is the time.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

I wrote that they are in Arsenal for long period.He couldn't find changes for them all this time ? Bullshit.I know that Walcott had some good spells with during some time in Arsenal but i can't remember some good performance by him for ages.Limited player.So is Gibbs.

Agree that Ramsey has talent but one good season since 2008 isn't good at all,a lot of injuries,a lot of average season isn't enough.

scytheavatar

Established Member

A true DoF does more than scout for players. The DoF WILL have the loudest voice in deciding who will take over from Wenger, heck he might be in the situation next season when he has to tell Kroenke "Wenger is a fraud, sack him now. I know who we can get that will do a better job than him". Can you imagine Pires or Overmars saying that?

KROENKE SUCKS

Nobody even knows who you are "New Member". How did our negotiating team f*ck up when Vardy didn't want to come? Every bit of what you posted is utter nonsense.

He isn't the first player to turn us down is he? Funny how many players turn us down. Sounds like the negotiating team can't sell the club to our targets.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Wenger's comments after the game:lol: I wish mental strength to almost all of us.

In a sense he's got a point. The squad is probably one or two additions away from being able to challenge for the league, just not with him managing it. Until he realises that the squad will always be "one or two" players away, as he likes to tell us every summer.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
In a sense he's got a point. The squad is probably one or two additions away from being able to challenge for the league, just not with him managing it. Until he realises that the squad will always be "one or two" players away, as he likes to tell us every summer.

That's like you give Ferrari to blind man.

KROENKE SUCKS

I wrote that they are in Arsenal for long period.He couldn't find changes for them all this time ? Bullshit.I know that Walcott had some good spells with during some time in Arsenal but i can't remember some good performance by him for ages.Limited player.So is Gibbs.

Agree that Ramsey has talent but one good season since 2008 isn't good at all,a lot of injuries,a lot of average season isn't enough.

Its just how difficult the market has become. Barca, Bayern, Real, et al are willing to bid large sums for even 18 year old starlets. The days where you can pick up Anelka for 900k are gone, see what United paid for Martial. Whats worse is they horde all this talent and destroy a large number of ones who don't come good, effectively shrinking the pool for thrifty shoppers like Uncle Stan.

Add in the money in the premiership in general and the pool of clubs we compete with increases. All of a sudden even smaller clubs like Tottenham have a couple of quid to spend. Even if these clubs aren't directly competing with us, they succeed in increasing wage levels across the board which leaves penny pinchers like us hoarding subpar talent to make up squad numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom