• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
All the Lacazette haters need to put some belief in him as he is a Wenger signing. Wenger is always right..isn't he?

You guys showing Laca class as of now.

#TeamSquadCosts #BoomXhakaLaca

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Mbappe, Auba, Morata & Aguero are all unrealistic.

All of these players are going to have the very best in world football & CL clubs chasing them. PSG are after Aguero, Utd are closing in on Morata, Man City were interested in Auba and Real Madrid want Mbappe. We can't really compete with these clubs financially and we can't offer them CL football.

People need to realise it's 2017 and we're stuck with Europa League football next season.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
What's the problem with the fee? Spending 45m on Lacazette will not stop us from making another big signing at least. When you compare with someone like Morata (80-90m), it's even a bargain.

Don D

What's the problem with the fee? Spending 45m on Lacazette will not stop us from making another big signing at least. When you compare with someone like Morata (80-90m), it's even a bargain.
exactly I don't even understand why every1 is so concerned with how much we spend, fergie used to pay over the odds at times to get it done can't Ulot see that's where we've come short in recent seasons not wanted to pay asking price so we jus miss out and have a whole in the squad. Arsenal are behind in terms of spending so spending over the odds a few times will not hurt them

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Morata isn't good enough.
Aguero is incredible but city wouldn't sell to us.
Mbappe isn't off the cards.
People overhype Aubameyang but why isn't he being snapped up? He's essentially been put on the market for 61m.

Lacazette has a better conversion rate than every single one of those strikers, regardless of league conversion rate is more important than anything else.

I don't understand some people :lol:

carlito'sway

Established Member
People overhype Aubameyang but why isn't he being snapped up? He's essentially been put on the market for 61m.

Lacazette has a better conversion rate than every single one of those strikers, regardless of league conversion rate is more important than anything else.

Mate, you mentioned Auba not being snapped up, it is not like
Laca is a hot property either. :lol:. A-M was the only club who was chasing him. Auls was willing to bring the player on a platter to PSG, but they told him no thanks.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It's funny how people say Morata isn't good enough when he's only 24 years old and likely to hit his potential in the coming years.

I like Lacazette but if any of those strikers were able to come here, I would take every single one of them over Lacazette.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Atletico not only wanted Lacazette, they got him until the ban-- a CL club that has done much better than us in recent years. Aubameyang is going nowhere because no one wants to pay 70m for the Gabonese Walcott.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

This signing doesn't exactly get my blood pumping .. Don't see us going up a level personally
But we need a striker & its better than waiting for deals that are never going to happen

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Dude, stop the nonsense. Nobody said he will not be good enough. The general feeling is that he is an improvement but hardly an elite striker, specially for a record signing.

Why the fixation on "record signing"? He's going to cost slightly more than what Özil did and in any case he would've cost about £70m in today's market. Sanchez probably would've cost the same. It's silly to compare prices to 3 or 4 years ago.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Idk you might be right but for now, the latest report are talking about a £44M fee and they're saying it's about the amount Aulas is asking.

Giroud might go to Lyon too. So maybe there's some sort of agreement to pay less for lacazette & they pay less for Giroud. (maybe to avoid taxes or Idk :lol:)

If thats the case I hope we sign Lacazette first and then screw them over with the Giroud deal, that Lyon owner has been taking the piss for years lol

carlito'sway

Established Member
Why the fixation on "record signing"? He's going to cost slightly more than what Özil did and in any case he would've cost about £70m in today's market. Sanchez probably would've cost the same. It's silly to compare prices to 3 or 4 years ago.

Dude, this is a simple fact. He will be our record signing. So, my point is clear, if we are going to break the record, I would rather go for a elite player, like an Özil or Sanchez, than a younger version of Jermaine Defoe or Sidney Govou. Capiche?

Don D

Dude, this is a simple fact. He will be our record signing. So, my point is clear, if we are going to break the record, I would rather go for a elite player, like an Özil or Sanchez, than a younger version of Jermaine Defoe or Sidney Govou. Capiche?
Who is available that is better and why would u consider them better?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Dude, this is a simple fact. He will be our record signing. So, my point is clear, if we are going to break the record, I would rather go for a elite player, like Özil or Sanchez, than a younger version of Jermaine Defoe or Sidney Govou. Capiche?

His price doesn't get you an elite level player anymore. Unless you want us to pay £65m for Moratta or £70m for Lukaku, neither of which are elite level. The only elite level striker we would even have a chance of buying is Aubamayang and even then the chances are slim.

You see, when comparing his price to the prices of strikers in TODAY'S market it's not a bad deal. Focusing on what we paid for Özil 4 years ago is silly and irrelevant.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Mate, you mentioned Auba not being snapped up, it is not like
Laca is a hot property either. :lol:. A-M was the only club who was chasing him. Auls was willing to bring the player on a platter to PSG, but they told him no thanks.

Well he was all set to go to Atletico Madrid so yes?

carlito'sway

Established Member
His price doesn't get you an elite level player anymore. Unless you want us to pay £65m for Moratta or £70m for Lukaku, neither of which are elite level. The only elite level striker we would even have a chance of buying is Aubamayang and even then the chances are slim.

I said this above, I am totally ok with paying 70 M for Lukaku or 65 for Auba.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It's funny how people say Morata isn't good enough when he's only 24 years old and likely to hit his potential in the coming years.

I like Lacazette but if any of those strikers were able to come here, I would take every single one of them over Lacazette.

Lacazette has only just turned 26 and is about to hit his prime years.

But sure we'll wait for another lamppost in Morata who misses open goals against Gijon to hit his potential which is probably the same level as Giroud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakun Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom