• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Hilarious..:lol::lol::lol:

Don't ever buy La Masia youth player after this. This Barca DNA claim will happen again and again.
But its thier fault why they sell Bellerin to us? They think we still a selling club we told them many times we not selling him

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I love the stance we're finally taking with our top, top players. If we actually manage to go through the summer keeping Özil, Alexis and Bellerin its a huge turning point.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can't wait until Messi declines or retires and they lose some of their shine. Most of their fans are deluded little ****s.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Then why 90% of the people here wants Coquelin out?
Matuidi would be useless in a team like ours where we play mostly against teams sitting deep and doing nothing but defending.
Matuidi is similar to Kante. He's not the best on the ball but he's no Coquelin either. He plays much further forward than Coq from what I've seen and despite his weird technique he consistent maintains high pass completion numbers.

Play a midfield three with Xhaka Matuidi and Ramsey and we'll dominate the midfield in any of our big games.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Hilarious..:lol::lol::lol:

Don't ever buy La Masia youth player after this. This Barca DNA claim will happen again and again.
Or buy all their talents and don't sell them back to them. Bellerin certainly seems more English than Spanish. A successful case of genome transplant.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn't mind Matudi, would prove useful. But I'd be worried about our technical depth in midfield.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Matuidi is similar to Kante. He's not the best on the ball but he's no Coquelin either. He plays much further forward than Coq from what I've seen and despite his weird technique he consistent maintains high pass completion numbers.

Play a midfield three with Xhaka Matuidi and Ramsey and we'll dominate the midfield in any of our big games.

You should watch Matuidi play more often mate.
He isn't better than Coquelin on the ball.
In France we don't understand why Deschamps still picks Matuidi when we have better player like Tolisso or even Rabiot who is much more talented.
matuidi is the weak point at PSG and the french NT (alongside Sissoko).

Kante is on a whole different league from Matuidi when it comes to technical abilities and tactical awarness.

Matuidi is a great player only at Fifa.
He's no better than Ramires.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't mind Matudi, would prove useful. But I'd be worried about our technical depth in midfield.
That's a fair point. We do need a technical midfielder actually.

We only have Xhaka, Cazorla and Wilshere (who I think is done here).

We could go with a 'vanilla' midfield of Xhaka-Ramsey/Matuidi but the front three would have to all be very capable. Chelsea managed it but I can't see Wenger playing like that.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

You should watch Matuidi play more often mate.
He isn't better than Coquelin on the ball.
In France we don't understand why Deschamps still picks Matuidi when we have better player like Tolisso or even Rabiot who is much more talented.
matuidi is the weak point at PSG and the french NT (alongside Sissoko).

Kante is on a whole different league from Matuidi when it comes to technical abilities and tactical awarness.

Matuidi is a great player only at Fifa.
He's no better than Ramires.
I've watched him play quite a bit against the English teams in the CL which is quite a high level. You can see he's not the best technically but I always felt he played in a way where he didn't let that affect his game.

You're the expert though so I'll take your word for it.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I've watched him play quite a bit against the English teams in the CL which is quite a high level. You can see he's not the best technically but I always felt he played in a way where he didn't let that affect his game.

You're the expert though so I'll take your word for it.

If you're looking for a Kanté type of player in la Ligue 1 Fabinho from Monaco is very close IMO.
Not as strong as Kanté, but much better on the ball.

He was the best midfielder last year in la Ligue 1 imo, and was one of the most (if not the most) important player in Monaco's squad. He's not the most talented, but he was key to give them balance in their team.

Seri is also very interesting. Although he's no Kanté in his defensive abilities, he's much better at going forward than the french player and is still decent at defending.
The big downside is the AFCON...

Both would be great partners for Xhaka IMO and would free a bit our front 3 from defensive duties.
Both would cost around £35M. (Seri has a release clause and Fabinho can go for that price).

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

If you're looking for a Kanté type of player in la Ligue 1 Fabinho from Monaco is very close IMO.
Not as strong as Kanté, but much better on the ball.

He was the best midfielder last year in la Ligue 1 imo, and was one of the most (if not the most) important player in Monaco's squad. He's not the most talented, but he was key to give them balance in their team.

Seri is also very interesting. Although he's no Kanté in his defensive abilities, he's much better at going forward than the french player and is still decent at defending.
The big downside is the AFCON...

Both would be great partners for Xhaka IMO and would free a bit our front 3 from defensive duties.
Both would cost around £35M. (Seri has a release clause and Fabinho can go for that price).
Fabinho didn't appear to have as much of an engine as Kante but again I'll take your word for it. I don't think we have any chance there as United are all over him.

Tbh as this window drags on I'm worried by the lack of CM links.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yeah some youth player's have told Barca don't care about La Masia anymore
Not sure if they don't care. They have the resources and appeal to spend 75m on Suarez and 80 + hidden tax money on Neymar. Like ourselves to an extent they've moved away from youth academy to signing ready made players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]
Top Bottom