• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keithy Joe

I think what Arseblog are saying is interesting. We apparently are in close contact with Mahrez. The thinking is that a pairing of Lacazette and Lemar is most likely with no Mbappe or Mbappe and Mehrez with no Lemar.

Which would you prefer assuming Sanchez stays?

Mbappe and Mahrez

Or

Lacazette and Lemar.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think what Arseblog are saying is interesting. We apparently are in close contact with Mahrez. The thinking is that a pairing of Lacazette and Lemar is most likely with no Mbappe or Mbappe and Mehrez with no Lemar.

Which would you prefer assuming Sanchez stays?

Mbappe and Mahrez

Or

Lacazette and Lemar.

Difficult because I love Lemar but Mahrez and Mbappe every day of the week.

I still think Mahrez has a hell of a lot to give.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
How do Mbappe and Mahrez even fit in the same team if you keep Alexis? We'd have to go back to 4-2-3-1. Also Lacazette and Lemar is better than Lacazette and Mahrez.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
How do Mbappe and Mahrez even fit in the same team if you keep Alexis? We'd have to go back to 4-2-3-1. Also Lacazette and Lemar is better than Lacazette and Mahrez.

Its the same for Lemar and Lacazette? You're still signing a wide man/inside forward and a striker with both options.

I'd personally prefer Mahrez and Mbappe because that way we've got a suitable option on the right if Özil goes off the boil. Theo cannot play there.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Its the same for Lemar and Lacazette? You're still signing a wide man/inside forward and a striker with both options.

I'd personally prefer Mahrez and Mbappe because that way we've got a suitable option on the right if Özil goes off the boil. Theo cannot play there.

There's the possibility Lemar can play in midfield. That will never happen with Mahrez. Another thing to consider is Mahrez and Özil in the same team is a recipe for disaster. Two players who absolutely hate the defensive side of the game.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
There's the possibility Lemar can play in midfield. That will never happen with Mahrez. Another thing to consider is Mahrez and Özil in the same team is a recipe for disaster. Two players who absolutely hate the defensive side of the game.

Also Mahrez and Özil both are similar kind of players imo. Both like to drift out to the wings, mostly the right one and cut inside and play passes through the line.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

I'd never ever consider putting Lemar and Xhaka together in our current system. Two left footers as well, Lemar would work in a 433 for example but not a two man midfield. You're crippling his crossing talents by playing him there, he'd make a fantastic CAM mind.

I get the feeling with Mahrez and Lacazette that if we wanted them we'd have them sort of thing. They're obviously both second options behind Lemar and Mbappe.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
Lacazette isn't really a priority for Wenger. His price is known, he wants to move, his club is willing. If Wenger wanted, Lacazette would already have been at Arsenal. Now there's something to be said for having a stable 11 before the pre-season starts, but thats not how Wenger operates. He'll try for Suarez instead of Higuain, he'll try for Mbappe over Lacazette even if he fails. Even last year I believe Perez was a last minute panic buy and Wenger spent most of the summer courting Benzema(I think) - he had around 50m to spend. It was only when both Mertesacker and Gabriel got injured that he invested 35m on Mustafi and 17m on Perez. Lucas was all set to go to Everton before we intervened - and it probably would've been better for all it that move had happened.

The only problem is Lacazettes preferance is Atletico Madrid, and if other CL clubs come in for him, we may end up lower down the pecking order.
Sure Wenger would prefer Mbappe, but if he gets neither we could be screwed.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

The only problem is Lacazettes preferance is Atletico Madrid, and if other CL clubs come in for him, we may end up lower down the pecking order.
Sure Wenger would prefer Mbappe, but if he gets neither we could be screwed.
Its one season in the Europa ffs we will back in the cl next season. Why are you making it sound we are everton or southampton??

@just visiting Do you know if Aulas tends to get high before press convos?

Aulas says everything and its opposite in mercato time. It's not necessarily wrong but you just can't rely on his declaration.
We are used to that so we don't panic/party each time he says something

Aubam would go to China that could means that Dortmund will need a replacement and Lacaz was one of their top target. And Also, Liverpool wanted PEA too, so w/o him available, lacaz' could also become again one of their targets

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Aulas' flip-flopping comments are no different to what Gladbach's sporting director, Eberl, was saying about Xhaka last year. I wouldn't take them seriously.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Lemar can definitely play next to Xhaka, ie Cazorla role.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Lemar can definitely play next to Xhaka, ie Cazorla role.

Absolutely no way. Not in a two.

Cazorla only dropped into that role with age, you'd be wasting Lemar's pace and crossing ability using him as a CDM next to Xhaka. Complete waste and having two lefties who don't particularly like using their right foot in that position? Nah fam.

field442

Trusted ⭐

Cazorla only dropped into that role with age, you'd be wasting Lemar's pace and crossing ability using him as a CDM next to Xhaka. Complete waste and having two lefties who don't particularly like using their right foot in that position? Nah fam.

Yeah, his crossing talents are going to be much needed with someone like Lacazette up front :rolleyes:

Also am i missing something here? Two left footers in midfield is a problem but two right footers isn't? What we're essentially saying is that if Jack Wilshere was still at his old level he'd be a **** partner for Xhaka because he's left footed?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I'm saying if Alexis is still here playing LW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom