• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If Lacazette stays I won't be unhappy but @hydrofluoric acid Lacazette is a clinical striker, something we don't currently have at the club. Welbeck isn't clinical and Giroud is only good for the last 20 mins of games.

Giroud is that striker that would be better just being on for the last 20 minutes of a match. If he was happy being that guy then wonderful, he's one of if not the best player to bring on with 20 minutes to go in world football.

If I were Arsenal manager I'd obviously try my hardest to get Mbappe in, if that didn't come off I'd go in for Lemar regardless. Try to tie Alexis down, keep him for another year anyway and use him as the striker. Özil and Lemar behind him.

Really no point wasting 60m on Lacazette when we can use Alexis and have Giroud as a game changer. Lacazette is clinical but I don't get that good feeling for Lacazette.

You make these forums unbearable at times.

pbLqP6H.jpg

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I asked a Lyon-Insider in a german football forum (transfermarkt.de) about Lacazette. He knew about Umtiti to Barca and Tolissso to Bayern much earlier than the media.

He wrote me some things, as much he knows:
- there is no official bid for Lacazette, but Lyon is willing to negotiate with other clubs
- Lacazette wants to leave, but there has been no conversation between him and Aulas at the moment (Laca is on holiday)
- the club which wants him has to pay a lot

The User thinks:
- Atletico is still in the race
- they could buy him this summer and will not play until the summer or he stays until winter and would chance to Atletico then

That's his opinion. He is very reliable, has connection to Lyon as i said.

I don't think it's that close as the media said..

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
We just cannot under any circumstances go into the new season without a new striker, no matter who you buy in other positions. Our season will be DOA.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I asked a Lyon-Insider in a german football forum (transfermarkt.de) about Lacazette. He knew about Umtiti to Barca and Tolissso to Bayern much earlier than the media.

He wrote me some things, as much he knows:
- there is no official bid for Lacazette, but Lyon is willing to negotiate with other clubs
- Lacazette wants to leave, but there has been no conversation between him and Aulas at the moment (Laca is on holiday)
- the club which wants him has to pay a lot

The User thinks:
- Atletico is still in the race
- they could buy him this summer and will not play until the summer or he stays until winter and would chance to Atletico then

That's his opinion. He is very reliable, has connection to Lyon as i said.

I don't think it's that close as the media said..

Again it's down to us waiting for Mbappe. Won't see anything until that's done (whatever way it goes)

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Lacazette could go somewhere else while we wait for Mbappe, then Mbappe will do the expected and reject us. Then we ll end up with Giroud.
Lacazette isn't really a priority for Wenger. His price is known, he wants to move, his club is willing. If Wenger wanted, Lacazette would already have been at Arsenal. Now there's something to be said for having a stable 11 before the pre-season starts, but thats not how Wenger operates. He'll try for Suarez instead of Higuain, he'll try for Mbappe over Lacazette even if he fails. Even last year I believe Perez was a last minute panic buy and Wenger spent most of the summer courting Benzema(I think) - he had around 50m to spend. It was only when both Mertesacker and Gabriel got injured that he invested 35m on Mustafi and 17m on Perez. Lucas was all set to go to Everton before we intervened - and it probably would've been better for all it that move had happened.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Lacazette could go somewhere else while we wait for Mbappe, then Mbappe will do the expected and reject us. Then we ll end up with Giroud.

I disagree, I think we'll utilise Alexis as the CF, use Lemar as LF and then next summer, if/when Alexis leaves go back in for Mbappe and get it done.

Who's this guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom