• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Did I mention City anywhere? My comment was irrelevant to City.
You never mentioned them but that doesn't mean discussing Man City in line with what you said is irrelevant. Its completely relevant. Read the article you replied to in case of doubt. The perception in football circles is largely if Alexis goes it will be to City to compete for the biggest trophies. In what reality have City competed for any major trophies in recent years? Is that not relevant at all given the statement that we don't compete then I don't know what is.

We should be bombarding all media outlets reminding them that for all the money City spent we have out done them in recent years. Aside from Chelsea we have been the most successful club team in England in recent years. Let's not continue to pander to this ridiculous narrative that we are some second or third tier team. We have our flaws but they aren't the same as they were 5, 6, 7 years ago.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Except:

1. The players on loans, ie Chez/Campbell, other clubs pay their wages
2. Any back ups/squad players you sell you need replacements for. So you can shift Giroud/Ox/Perez/Gibbs/Ospina but you need replacements who'll likely demand the same salaries if not more.
3. We can't shift Debuchy

So you can't much wages there imo.

1. Not entirely true, sometimes clubs foot some of the wages. I'm not sure if Roma were paying 100% of Scz's wages;

2. We don't need to buy squad players to replace those players - we have some very talented youth in our academy who need top level minutes

3. Why not?

carlito'sway

Established Member
You never mentioned them but that doesn't mean discussing Man City in line with what you said is irrelevant. Its completely relevant. Read the article you replied to in case of doubt. The perception in football circles is largely if Alexis goes it will be to City to compete for the biggest trophies. In what reality have City competed for any major trophies in recent years? Is that not relevant at all given the statement that we don't compete then I don't know what is.

We should be bombarding all media outlets reminding them that for all the money City spent we have out done them in recent years. Aside from Chelsea we have been the most successful club team in England in recent years. Let's not continue to pander to this ridiculous narrative that we are some second or third tier team. We have our flaws but they aren't the same as they were 5, 6, 7 years ago.

My comment was in general, so again for me City is irrelevant in that context. I am not pandering to anything. There is a simple fact, while we are the same club of 5 or 6 yrs ago, we are either not a tier one European football club as far as performances and results are concerned and no one should be fooled to believe otherwise.

We are playing Europa League this season ffs and have not won the PL for 13 years now.

LacazetteAFC

Alexis' xG and xA is 0.602 per 90 while his actual return from open play in goals and assists is 0.893 per 90. That's just an incredible return and no matter how many times Alexis gives the ball away, that pales into insignificance by the sheer weight of productivity he brings

It really doesn't. Yes he does well for himself in goals/assists but he breaks down attack after attack to the detriment of the team time and again.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It really doesn't. Yes he does well for himself in goals/assists but he breaks down attack after attack to the detriment of the team time and again.

:lol:

Incredible, I give you stats that show how Alexis is in the top 5 most devastating players in Europe and you can only harp on about some misplaced passes.

Did you not read his 400 passes in and around the box which also puts him in the top 5 players in Europe?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think understandably people get carried away with the campaign from the English press for Alexis to move.

If you look at what's going to happen, sometime soon Alexis is going to be getting offered £300k a week. Very few people in football would turn that down.

I honestly can't see him refusing his wages being more than doubled, especially with the players being brought in. City don't even pay their best players those wages.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think understandly people get carried away with the campaign from the English press for Alexis to move.

If you look at what's going to happen, sometime soon Alexis is going to be getting offered £300k a week. Very few people in football would turn that down.

I honestly can't see him refusing his wages being more than doubled, especially with the players being brought in. City don't even pay their best players those wages.

You're right, not even talk of any bids either. The British press do tend to run away with things once they get a sniff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom