• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale (Out)

Bucephalus

£15 mil ??? They can fck right off.
A 15 mil offer isn't necessarily a bad thing. Not because it's fair value, but because it's low enough that other clubs might be inspired to join in a bidding war, and the final selling price is higher than if we're negotiating only with Newcastle. There's a reason why auctioneers set the initial bid quite low.

BBF

I'm sorry but these Geordies are getting high off their own supply. Who do they realistically think is going to come in and be within FFP stipulations? The top 10 keepers in the world would be taking a step down, and there are a handful of others that wouldn't go less for £20m knowing they can be fleeced..

Ripe Banana

15mil is jokes. He's still one of the better keepers in the league, plus a capped England International, plus good with his feet, plus only 26. 15mil is ridiculous. If Chelsea were selling a similar keeper they'd get 40mil+
It's not like he's bad or had an awful campaign ffs.
Each transfer window is always say we need to fire our entire negotiation team because we have the worst in the epl.

FinnGooner

Established Member
He's our back up keeper so I don't see how much more we can expect than 15m. But I think we'll have a few clubs after him so probably can squeeze 20m. Too bad we overpaid so much for him ourselves. No way we can get our 30m back.

Buhry

Established Member

Lol. You must sell Ramsdale for atleast 35 million.
But we probably end up getting 15 million, cuz Edu can't sell a ****ing player

We should sign someone to be head of selling players or something. Edu has done a lot of good work but not being able to sell players for ok prices is very expensive

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sanchez moved to Chelsea for 25m with him also not being first choice anymore for Brighton.

Ramsdale is a better keeper. If we sell him for less than that then we have ****ed up.

Chelsea probably amortised that over 8 years, which is now banned I think.

That being said 15m for Ramsdale is a joke.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
We should sign someone to be head of selling players or something. Edu has done a lot of good work but not being able to sell players for ok prices is very expensive

Arteta is moreso to blame the way he treats players results in their value tanking.

I remember matlin-niles was superb in our fa cup run has a list of suitors willing to pay £20m+ for him. Arteta wanted to keep him, then didn't play him and he went for nothing.

Same can be said of ESR and Ramsdale. If he really didn't want Ramadale should've sold him last year.

Nkethiah had a decent last season we could've sold him for £20m. But again barely played this season, he'll go for less.

Arteta knows how to tank a players value. Then poor Edu has has to flog a dead horse that's lost a chunk of his value.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

If we were trying to sign a GK with two years left on his contract and clearly second choice, would you pay £35m. We have very little leverage here.

£15M is an obvious piss take though for a player of Ramsdale's quality.

I think he'll go for £20M + add ons, it's unfortunate he wasn't used a bit more in the Cups, that's on Arteta tbqh

SupersoakerArsene

If we were trying to sign a GK with two years left on his contract and clearly second choice, would you pay £35m. We have very little leverage here.
He is still a young goalkeeper. Got in TOTS last year. Just got a manager who loves his fellow countryman like Raya lol.
Ramsdale is still a international for Engeland. And he is English, so 15 million is only the value of him being English already, despite his qualities.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom