• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Clubs can agree a deal with the player behind his club, but it means nothing if we aren't selling. PSG or City can meet him or his agent in private and agree a wage, but when City come to us with a bid we'll say 'no thanks'. We might sell to PSG though I feel.

So yeah, reports of PSG and Sanchez agreeing wages means nothing to us.

Agree with all that but what about reports PSG have been in London for talks. If that's the case it must be talks with us, surely Alexis agent would go to them in Paris. Ok, it may not be true like many other things.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He'd do far better here than he did in LVG's rigid and strict structure at United.
Okay, I'll admit, I didn't even consider that but I still feel like he has a weak mentality and we have enough of that. He seems a player that wil only do well when the team is doing well. He won;t dig us out of holes like Alexis does.

Malky

Established Member
If PSG are willing to activate a £200M release clause for Neymar, we should be demanding half of that for Alexis, 1 year left on his contract or not.
Ideal scenario - we demand (and get ) £60M plus Rabiot. Put that £60M towards signing Ousmane Dembele and I could live with Alexis leaving.

scytheavatar

Established Member
He'd do far better here than he did in LVG's rigid and strict structure at United.

Why? Di Maria is not a particularly good passer, nor is he smart or particularly good at dribbling. What he is good at is being a workhorse and good percentage player, he delivers so many crosses and throughballs per game that eventually a couple of them ends up leading to spectacular youtube highlight goals. In another words he's the exact opposite of the Wengerball player.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

It probably does but I assume that tapping up players is nearly impossible to prove unless the player says it happened. If a club representative and a player talk and get caught they will just make up that they are friends or whatever.

With the lawyers the clubs can afford I imagine you need some fake sheikh kind of evidence with recordings etc to get that through court.

gkoat

fwiw i'm pretty sure charles watts was the journalist that was saying he was off to city all summer prior to today, even when Arsène dug his heels in

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
[Info Paris U] Alexis #Sanchez est actuellement au Royal Monceau, un hôtel parisien du 8ème arrondissement. #PSG

Alexis is apparently in the royal Parisian hotel in Paris...

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
You're right. Probably nothing in this.

Yeah, I think it's interesting that all this PSG stuff came up just as soon as it was reported that Arsenal absolutely wouldn't sell him and that Alexis would not go on strike to force a move and would play out his contract. The saga has been great business for web traffic, so some won't want it to end. We'll see, but it's going to take more than unsourced or dubiously sourced media reports to get me to take any of it seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom