• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Where does this £60/65M offer come from?

In france, they're saying PSG 1st offer is €50M. I haven't seen any source about a 70M offer. I don't know where Cross got it from. :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Don't get me wrong, Sanchez has been fantastic for us, but I don't think his loss would be as bad as people make it out to be.

He may have carried us individually but he also changes the way we play overall, possibly not in the best way. He disrupts our passing passages and is prone to losing possession. He also demands the ball often, which naturally brings some of our other players out of the play a little. Someone like Mahrez wouldn't have the individual contribution but might mesh better with the overall team dynamic, especially with someone like Laca up front.

As long as we replace him adequately, we should be in a good position going into the new season.

Get in the money, and reinvest it (reinvestment is the real problem actually) and we will quietly be in a great position for the new season.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Sky reporting PSG to make a GBP 35m opening offer for Alexis next week. 500k per week, four year deal.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Remember Wenger telling in some interview that CL money is not important anymore with all the TV money pouring in. He gave this interview during the last month of the league I guess.

If you read past the first paragraph, you'd see that it's far more than the CL money. It's sponsorship money. It's TV money. It's the inflated price of doing business that Manchester United has found. Etc., etc., etc.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Understand your point. I've harped on about it for weeks now. Don't think it applies it selling abroad. We may be weaker but we aren't strengthening anyone else. We will also attempt to replace him in some way which may make the team stronger - certainly that will be the aim. We also avoid questions dogging us all season over his future and have no risk of a pre contract situation derailing us from January onwards.

Selling domestically and everything you said becomes a worry. I don't see it abroad. We've made top four with worse squads and the only time we lost out on top 4 was with Alexis. That's not blaming him. That's just stating fact.

Certainly selling to PSG would be less terrible than selling to City, but I was responding to a comment about the financial implications. And those are the same regardless. And once the deadline passes, I don't think questions about his future will be a big issue. It will be assumed that he's playing out his contract (I mean, what else is he going to do?) until his contract is up or he decides to sign a new one (assuming Arsenal would still want to sign him).

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

ZPJrgpG.gif

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It'll be the same as the Lemar situation.

35m rejected.
45m rejected.

Clubs come to an agreement third time of asking.

Thank me later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom