• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

@RonaldoMadness their transfer ban prohibits them from registering players not other clubs activating a release clause. If we do that then it's down to us and the player. If Alexis goes that is who I want in. Very similar hard working players and he is a proven goal scorer at the highest level. Keeping Alexis and getting Lemar is fine but losing him then it's a different ball game and we need to treat it as such.

Zaza

Only way selling alexis makes sense is if we bring in Lemar, Mahrez, a world class CM/close to world class like Kovacic and a new CB like Van dijk and switch back to 4-2-3-1. If not, keep Alexis and let him leave on a free next year as a 30 year old. If we get CL football, we can replace him with someone like Insigne and maybe even Draxler.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Only way selling alexis makes sense is if we bring in Lemar, Mahrez, a world class CM/close to world class like Kovacic and a new CB like Van dijk and switch back to 4-2-3-1. If not, keep Alexis and let him leave on a free next year as a 30 year old. If we get CL football, we can replace him with someone like Insigne and maybe even Draxler.

We can't physically buy four foreign players without letting someone like Giroud leave as well. The main bulk of our squad will stay ill add Giroud in as well -

Cech
Ospina
Koscielny
Mertesacker
Gabriel
Mustafi
Kolasinac
Monreal
Elneny
Coquelin
Xhaka
Özil
Giroud
Lacazette

Then we just add 3 to that or 2 depending on which homegrowns we keep.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Keeping Alexis is a bigger and better statement than sending him off the Paris. Players need to know we aren't pushovers who'll bend over when they want a move.

He'll bend the knee or be destroyed

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Keeping Alexis is a bigger and better statement than sending him off the Paris. Players need to know we aren't pushovers who'll bend over when they want a move.

Unfortunately we are pushovers when it comes to this sort of thing and transfers in general. We've been bent over multiple times in the past 10 years and it doesn't seem to be changing.

Personally I'd sell Sanchez at the rumoured price. Also I still don't 100% trust Özil until he signs that contract to not put us in a situation next summer!

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Unfortunately we are pushovers when it comes to this sort of thing and transfers in general. We've been bent over multiple times in the past 10 years and it doesn't seem to be changing.

Personally I'd sell Sanchez at the rumoured price. Also I still don't 100% trust Özil until he signs that contract to not put us in a situation next summer!
I thought Özil had signed.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He hasn't officially signed but it'll probably be announced soon.

Im so happy Özil is going to be the poster boy for this club on his own. He's showing loyalty and I love him for it.

Selling Alexis not only brings in a large fee but it also takes Alexis' current 140k a week and essentially gives it to Özil.

Not ideal losing Alexis but every cloud n that.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
He hasn't officially signed but it'll probably be announced soon.

Im so happy Özil is going to be the poster boy for this club on his own. He's showing loyalty and I love him for it.

Selling Alexis not only brings in a large fee but it also takes Alexis' current 140k a week and essentially gives it to Özil.

Not ideal losing Alexis but every cloud n that.
I'm past caring now. I just wish they'd get on with it all.

Finesse

We do not have to keep a player as a statement. It has to be for the benefit of the club. Alexis is not going to City and that is clear. It is not a statement we are sending out. It is a thought out decision to not sell to a rival and use his services for a year. He can walk away next year for free. It will not stop Arsenal FC from getting on smoothly. However if a foreign club is willing to pay 70M for his services, the club should think about it. Not only because of the money, but based on how they have strategised to reinvest the funds to improve the team.

Alexis is a very good player and got most of the goals for us over the past few seasons. We simply did not have a proper goal scorer and he bailed us time and again. With a player like Lacazette in the team over the past 3 years, Alexis would not have gotten the amount of goals he had. Maybe more assists. He is a player we cannot replace. However we can bring on other players with different qualities to strengthen the team. Assists and goals are the 2 main areas they should address. Lemar and Mahrez for example will go a long way to bring even more.

Ewarwoowar

Keeping him regardless is no great message or statement of pride, We left pride back on the day We benched him and brought him on at half time, any repeat of that shenanigan and we'd be with out a doubt in **** city, eating **** pie and eggs on our face!

Kiwi-Gooner

Don't get me wrong, Sanchez has been fantastic for us, but I don't think his loss would be as bad as people make it out to be.

He may have carried us individually but he also changes the way we play overall, possibly not in the best way. He disrupts our passing passages and is prone to losing possession. He also demands the ball often, which naturally brings some of our other players out of the play a little. Someone like Mahrez wouldn't have the individual contribution but might mesh better with the overall team dynamic, especially with someone like Laca up front.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
He's not kicking up a fuss and making himself available, if he made himself available many clubs would want him.

You're being naive.
I'm pretty sure his agent made him available but no one wanted him.

Why has he taken so much time to talk about his future and say he felt great at Arsenal? Because his agent & him have seen they had no better offer on the table.
If Bayern or Barça came for him he would have been gone already :lol:

Loyalty is something from the past. It became an exception. It's not the norm anymore.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Not bigger than the club definitely take a big fee for him now as opposed to losing him on a free next year.

£60-£65m will be enough to get him. A few more out the door and we would have enough to make 2 more very good signings and potentially a 3rd depending on exits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom