• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewarwoowar

Wenger- "The decision is not to sell", is a very ambiguous way to coin a phrase, it's hardly definitive, not like, "No f****** way on Gods green earth He is leaving".

Decisions can be changed with no real moral reprehension, where a promise broken by the hierarchy would be an ultimate betrayal.

They are very measured with their wording.

Anyhow I believe Sanchez is one of set of triplets whom take it turns, alternating in donning 2 doggy costumes, the only explanation He seem to be everywhere.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think you're slightly overestimating the financial effect of missing out on CL personally. Understandable, considering Wenger drummed it into our heads for years as a fanbase by using it as his crutch through the more difficult times.

There's no way this club would turn down even £80million for Alexis if PSG offered it. If their interest is as serious as reported and they are willing to put their money where their mouth is, I'm afraid we may end up disappointed.
The CL is undoubtedly a valid point. Domestically the argument is 70m now or 40m in June. While less it is a huge chunk or change and not the nothing people have painted if we lose Alexis next year.

The CL goes out the window if Alexis goes abroad. We aren't strengthening a rival for that spot and weakening ourselves. It becomes a 40m (lose Alexis for free but qualify) vs 110m (sell Alexis and qualify) question because we haven't given someone in the league the best player in the league simultaneously making it harder for us and easier for them.

If Alexis goes Giroud must stay. And we must spend the money we get and the rest of our kitty.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I am very happy with 70m...Thanks PSG and bye Alexis. Wenger must strengthen the team now with lemar, Mahrez and Goreztka.
This exactly. If he desperately wants out, PSG and £70m solves our problem. Get these three in or one with a Mbappe/O. Dembele and we are gonna be fine. £70m for a player in last year of his contract is insane and should be used for an insane bid on premium talent.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
This exactly. If he desperately wants out, PSG and £70m solves our problem. Get these three in or one with a Mbappe/O. Dembele and we are gonna be fine. £70m for a player in last year of his contract is insane and should be used for an insane bid on premium talent.
Neither of these two players would be sold in this window

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Ousmane could leave, they want £75m for him apparently. Barcelona the obvious ones if Neymar leaves though.

There's plenty of options for us we just have to pay big.

Nope. Clear statements have been made here in Germany that he ain't gonna be sold in this window.

Barca and co tried but there's no deal.
Dortmund use to stick to their words.
No price set for him to leave.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Hmm fair enough. Not sure where we'd go to then :(

To be fair I would swap Dembele with Sanchez right away, if I had the chance to do so.

Has 8 years on Sanchez and already puts in the numbers.
Additionally would improve our overall team performance a lot as he has insane link up play and is more of a team player than Sanchez and yet can also go past people as effectively as Sanchez does.
Around the same level as Mbappe but different type of player.

Think those 2 are the best players with the highest ceiling you can get
with Lemar not far behind.

Would also help a lot in getting future french talent, maybe even Mbappe next season.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
If Sanchez wants to leave, he may have to answer the kung fu warriors at his doorsteps when leaving London.
nintchdbpict000339424981_e1500309390441.jpg

Goonerboy_1989

I've had enough of this. Sell the greedy **** to PSG. Get the most money we can get for him. Re invest money into buying a replacement player who actually wants to play for Arsenal and doesn't think that they are bigger than the club! Alexis has changed my heart of late, I didn't think he could ever be like this! At least Özil opened up and said he wants to stay at the club. Alexis, nothing. Clear indication he wants to leave. Thanks for the 3 years. Cheerio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Top Bottom