• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I am not disappointed yet, neither should you be. A new lb, a new cf, Alexis and Özil will stay, Mad Jens is back, the aussie guy will hopefully be useful and there is still time for more recruitments.
You should be.

Our central midfield has been the issue for the past few years but it was clearer than ever last season. We've signed a CF but he's not Suarez, he's not going to score enough to paper over the cracks in our midfield.

That's my opinion anyway. I think our biggest issue is the coaching, we still don't look like we could defend if our lives depended on it.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
You should be.

Our central midfield has been the issue for the past few years but it was clearer than ever last season. We've signed a CF but he's not Suarez, he's not going to score enough to paper over the cracks in our midfield.

That's my opinion anyway. I think our biggest issue is the coaching, we still don't look like we could defend if our lives depended on it.

You dont rate the Ramsey-Xhaka partnership?

All my excitement for this window went out of the window(hehe) as soon as we signed Lacazette.

Its either sign 1-2 around players early in the summer or late. But it all comes to the same. A lot frustration.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
This transfer window is even worse than I thought it would be.

Instead of being 1 or 2 signings away as we usually are before the season starts, we are now 3 signings away instead :lol:

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Do you think we're getting a midfielder if Wilshere stays?

We have Elneny Ramsey Wilshere Coquelin Xhaka. Can't see us bringing anyone unless we let one of them go.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Can't believe we're trusting Ramsey again to be our starting CM.

The past 2 years we've been out of the title race a few weeks after Cazorla got injured.
Ramsey isn't good enough. Can't remember the last time he has performed for more than 5 games in a row.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Fed up with Wenger, days before the league starts and we're an absolute mess. Our CM is a joke.

This is unacceptable. I'm torn because I still have faith in him.

Malky

Established Member
Can't believe we're trusting Ramsey again to be our starting CM.

The past 2 years we've been out of the title race a few weeks after Cazorla got injured.
Ramsey isn't good enough. Can't remember the last time he has performed for more than 5 games in a row.
Ramsey's form in erratic, goes from having a MOTM performance one game then looks like he's forgotten how to play football for the next few games. That's before you factor in his injury record, he's guaranteed to miss a large chunk of the season.
Wilshere can't be relied on either, and it's anyone's guess if we'll see Cazorla on the pitch this season. Coq and Elneny shouldn't even be considered as serious options, but they are.
Any top club would bring in a new starting CM to partner Xhaka. Elneny or Coq gets sold and the new signing is rotated in lesser games with whatever one of Ramsey, Wilshere or Cazorla, is fit.

gunnergoa

Ramsey's form in erratic, goes from having a MOTM performance one game then looks like he's forgotten how to play football for the next few games. That's before you factor in his injury record, he's guaranteed to miss a large chunk of the season.
Wilshere can't be relied on either, and it's anyone's guess if we'll see Cazorla on the pitch this season. Coq and Elneny shouldn't even be considered as serious options, but they are.
Any top club would bring in a new starting CM to partner Xhaka. Elneny or Coq gets sold and the new signing is rotated in lesser games with whatever one of Ramsey, Wilshere or Cazorla, is fit.

tottaly agree we need a cazorla replacement.....Ramsey is unreliable we need some one like Isco or a player in that mold, Lemar is the furthest to what we need unless Wenger preparing for life after Sanchez.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You dont rate the Ramsey-Xhaka partnership?
Not really to be honest. Ramsey is a good player but I don't feel comfortable with him at central midfield.

Besides the constant bombing forward he's injury prone, takes too long to get into any kind of decent form, is technically inconsistent, dawdles too often on the ball and is a bit too greedy despite being a relatively poor finisher.

Just buy someone!! I'm sick of this. Nobody is coming. There's nothing. No rumours. Nada. And we are to believe Wenger and his crew are working 24-7 in the transfermarket? Sod off.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Isco would be unreal at CM in a 3-4-3. No more troubles linking defence to attack with Xhaka's vertical passing and Isco's vertical running.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey works well in a 3-4-3 because he can roam, so why not just buy the best roamer in the world, who just happens to be craving first team football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom