• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Chelsea |FA Community Shield| 06/08/2017 | 14:00 BST (13:00 UTC) | BT Sport

Who will win?

• Arsenal after 90 minutes

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • Arsenal will win on penalties

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Chelsea will win on penalties

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chelsea after 90 minutes

Votes: 21 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Our passing game is tailor made at a spacious Wembley, this throwed together side might not have done as well on a smaller pitch imo(cautionary musing).

There's something about the way we play there, and I can't quite put words into what it is yet. If we played with the same maturity, determination and concentrataion during the whole season at the Emirates, I've no doubt in my mind that we'd win the league.

Ewarwoowar

There's something about the way we play there, and I can't quite put words into what it is yet. If we played with the same maturity, determination and concentrataion during the whole season at the Emirates, I've no doubt in my mind that we'd win the league.
The extra square metres(500) make a massive difference, We still manage to skew if a lot of balls away from feet, but the wide open spaces and our pace see us latching on to the loose balls.

Us vs the Spuds on this our hallowed turf this season should see us do them comfortably, their game heavily relies on closing down space, not easy at spacious Wembley, they shall be knackered and most likely see more injury this season due to fatigue maybe their season over this side of Christmas.:lol:

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
The extra square metres(500) make a massive difference, We still manage to skew if a lot of balls away from feet, but the wide open spaces and our pace see us latching on to the loose balls.

Us vs the Spuds on this our hallowed turf this season should see us do them comfortably, their game heavily relies on closing down space, not easy at spacious Wembley, they shall be knackered and most likely see more injury this season due to fatigue maybe their season over this side of Christmas.:lol:

Is there really that much difference betweeen the size of pitches?

Interesting angle to this mate. Will have a look at it during the season and come back to you.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Agreed, no chance we win that game with Ramsey partnering Xhaka.
Like that time we won in a competitive game with them playing where Ramsey scored the winner and we won the FA cup final? The goal which set up this game and is not even debatable which game is the bigger of the two.

Aye no chance we win with Ramsey partnering Xhaka.
Edit
Should read the rest of the posts first.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Conte had every right to complain about Willian being booked for diving rather than being awarded what looked like a clear cut first half penalty.

And Conte had a point about the 81st minute red card for Pedro after the Chelsea winger raked his studs down Mohamed Elneny’s Achilles. It is, after all, a friendly. A yellow, quiet word and substitution should surely have sufficed.

What the hell is wrong with John Cross?

Ewarwoowar

Is there really that much difference betweeen the size of pitches?

Interesting angle to this mate. Will have a look at it during the season and come back to you.

Yuh uh- click the link at the bottom- interesting read.

The pitch

The pitch at White Hart Lane is one of the tightest in the Premier League, measuring 100 x 67 metres (or 6,700 square meters). For context, Stoke City’s pitch is the only one smaller in the top-flight, measuring 6,400 square metres.

Wembley’s pitch, on the other hand, is colossal in terms of its size, measuring 105 x 69 metres and 7,245 square metres in total, which would make it the second-largest pitch in the Premier League this season, behind Hull City’s pitch that caters for rugby league as well as football.

With the Tigers relegated, Sp**s go from playing on the second-smallest pitch to the biggest next term. A fact that is bound to make a difference to the team’s style of play, at least in the early stages of next season.

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/how-tot...loping-next-season/937074#16vK5A8SEmslPgEu.99

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Think we were lucky to have Cesc start today for Chelsea. He was slow. Coming up against their midfield next time will be more difficult with Bakayoko.

Fallout

Yuh uh- click the link at the bottom- interesting read.

The pitch

The pitch at White Hart Lane is one of the tightest in the Premier League, measuring 100 x 67 metres (or 6,700 square meters). For context, Stoke City’s pitch is the only one smaller in the top-flight, measuring 6,400 square metres.

Wembley’s pitch, on the other hand, is colossal in terms of its size, measuring 105 x 69 metres and 7,245 square metres in total, which would make it the second-largest pitch in the Premier League this season, behind Hull City’s pitch that caters for rugby league as well as football.

With the Tigers relegated, Sp**s go from playing on the second-smallest pitch to the biggest next term. A fact that is bound to make a difference to the team’s style of play, at least in the early stages of next season.

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/how-tot...loping-next-season/937074#16vK5A8SEmslPgEu.99
i feel like another big factor is conditioning. even though we get injured a lot, our players have great conditioning when fit. we are always the stronger team late in games at wembley, the extra space benefits us the longer the games goes on.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
we go to Wembley expecting to win - can't say that about a wet night at Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom