• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League | Liverpool vs Arsenal | 27/08/2017 | 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudi

Btw, did anyone notice that Coquelin is at fault for goal nr. 3 and 4?

3th Goal, he is marking Salah. Ball get's cleared, he sees Bellerin alone and instead of blocking/interrupting Salah, he let him run towards Bellerin. And once Salah is gone, he's still jogging towards Salah/Bellerin. Only when Salah has won the ball, he start sprinting!!! To be honest, he is more at fault than Bellerin for that goal.

For the 4th goal, can someone please explain me why he's letting Emre Can run away and is running towards the ball while we have 2 players on Firminho??? Can someone please explain that to me??? Please because either I don't understand football or Coquelin shouldn't be at this club at all!!!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
You can't compare Arsenal fans to Liverpool fans.

Arsenal fans don't have the balls.

Everywhere I go on the net Arsenal fans have massive balls. Unfortunately, they're probably mostly in Nairobi or Shanghai, so not much use for demonstrations and so forth.

A trick was missed with the Kronke Huntgate, that should have been used as a campaign to get him to go. Like the rest of Arsenal, he is far too comfortable.

SupremeClientele

Any self respecting man would have walked away years ago..But Arséne Wenger is a shameless man.

And unbelievably arrogant. The worst thing that could have happened is winning that fa cup against Chelsea, because it was only going to paper over the cracks and make everything seem okay again. A 5th place finish should have been the last straw. This season it'll probably be 12th.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Cech seem really pissed off in his interview yes he said the famous bounce back but he criticize his teammate's

Giroud12

Well well well.... Where to begin. I just recently signed up here, after lurking around for a good 5 years. The stuff people were saying then is just as true today. Sure, a couple of new faces in the team, but generally everything is the same. Arsenal Fan TV complaining about the same stuff as last time we got hammered at Anfield. The most frustrating thing about all this is that its SO ****ING OBVIOUS that we were going to lose. Everyone and their nan knows Liverpool will come out guns blazing. If you manage to contain them for the first 30 mins, they will struggle. How come any **** team can go to Anfield and get a result, but we can´t? Playing Arsenal is so easy these days. We play the same way no matter who we face, bombing forward with Ramsey as "defensive" mid, losing the ball all too often and not tracking back. Pool struggle much more against lesser teams.

The worst part is that Liverpool aren´t even that good, but when we play like we do away in big games its impossible not to look great. They have a **** defence and a **** keeper, which we tested absolutely 0 times today. If we just had gone there sitting deep, with Coquelin and Elneny, stayed compact with Lacazette taking one of his few chances, we could have easily gotten something from this game. We knew before the game we were going to be exposed in the middle of the park, and we knew that Welbeck would not be able to take one of the few chances we would get.

Everything is wrong, from the lineup (what the hell is Welbeck doing there), the tactics, the setup against a team like Liverpool, the subs, everything. We are in deep, deep **** at the moment and a few new signings won´t change that.

Wenger out is not enough anymore. The club needs to be rebuilt from the bottom up. Kronke needs to take his profits and leave, a new owner needs to sack the entire board, Wenger, half the backroom staff, and half the players who obviously doesn´t give a fvck about the club.

We are in for the exact same stuff whenever we play a big team until Wenger is gone, and Kronke doesn´t want that. I finally reached the last step after anger, denial, all that - acceptance. Don´t even care anymore.

Reactions: A_G

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Btw, did anyone notice that Coquelin is at fault for goal nr. 3 and 4?

3th Goal, he is marking Salah. Ball get's cleared, he sees Bellerin alone and instead of blocking/interrupting Salah, he let him run towards Bellerin. And once Salah is gone, he's still jogging towards Salah/Bellerin. Only when Salah has won the ball, he start sprinting!!! To be honest, he is more at fault than Bellerin for that goal.

For the 4th goal, can someone please explain me why he's letting Emre Can run away and is running towards the ball while we have 2 players on Firminho??? Can someone please explain that to me??? Please because either I don't understand football or Coquelin shouldn't be at this club at all!!!
I dislike Coq as much as the next guy but thats reaching. Bellerin was at fault for the third, my mother has better control than that. 4th is Koscielny ballwatching,

SupremeClientele

He should just be sacked now quickly. The season can actually still be salvaged. It's not too late to get rid of him. Bring in someone who knows the basics of defending.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Eh? I wasn't actually criticising Cech. I just found it funny. And no he shouldn't be commended for staying. Chelsea didn't want him and for family reasons he wanted to stay in London. He's at ease having won everything so he's winding down his career with us. It's the club comfort zone that Henry criticised. He has no competition and no honours to fight for having won them all already. No hunger from top to bottom I guess.

Looking at it from all angles its quite clear we're going to be suffering for some time as neither the board nor the manager have the drive to take us back to the summit.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Everywhere I go on the net Arsenal fans have massive balls. Unfortunately, they're probably mostly in Nairobi or Shanghai, so not much use for demonstrations and so forth.

A trick was missed with the Kronke Huntgate, that should have been used as a campaign to get him to go. Like the rest of Arsenal, he is far too comfortable.
This is true. People talk about Emirates crowd being tough, but I think that's bull. The fans show insane patience considering how much money they shell out every week to suffer through dismal showings like today.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
How old is this quote? He mentions Song so I assume it's old. At least Song could tackle and ran back quickly when we lost possession.

it points to a mindset

also case in point we have not bought a proper DM since Gilberto really, Coq/Song arrived as youngsters
Flamini wasn't a starting XI player at first

for some strange reason Wenger wants us to play this silly way

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Don't be angry lads. Not worth it.

And I apologize to anybody I gave **** about panicking and the negative stuff. I just hate negativity. But I understand. Last week I could deal with, by all right we should have won that. But this..ridiculous choices, same old same old. Its goint to be a looong season, lucky we are in the Europa League, could always have some fun there.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

. Wenger is still trying to play a style of football that has only ever been executed in the modern era by a team featuring Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets when even the current Barca and Pep haven't been able to replicate it. It's absolute m*dness on his part. You cannot play football the way he wants to play it with the players we have... It's insanity.
More than that, that was a once in a lifetime generation. Spain had won one major honour before those guys and went on to win back to back European Championships and a World Cup. Spain are known for technical football and they failed to master it for 50 years until that group of players came through and even then that group doesn't include thee once in a lifetime player in Messi. That Barcelona team included the best of the best from the best footballing country in the world and the best player in the world.

It would have been like Wenger having his French players, Zidane, Makelele and the original Ronaldo all at their peak in one team. It's insane to keep trying what we try with players that are so inferior, so uncompetitive, so unprepared to stretch themselves to be the best in the world.

I don't defend him. He is. But he wasn't the primary player at fault for those goals... he's **** enough without those.

I would say Coquelin is fault at every goal we concede when he is on the field. Like playing with 10 men against 12 when he is on the field. Mudi reasoning are also class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom