Premier League | Liverpool vs Arsenal | 27/08/2017 | 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Aevi, Aug 20, 2017.

?

What will the result be for this match?

1. Arsenal win

24.6%
  2. Draw

10.5%
  3. Liverpool win

64.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aevi

Aevi Hale End FC Moderator

Liverpool vs Arsenal

[​IMG]

Predicted Lineup

Thankfully there is hope for our defense as Koscielny's suspension has now ended, and Per should finally have recovered after two weeks out. Alexis should at the very least have a cameo as well, so we can finally field a respectable side that looks something like this...

Cech
    Mustafi-Koscielny-Monreal
    Chambo-Ramsey-Xhaka-Kolasinac
    Özil-Alexis
    Lacazette
    That's the lineup I would play anyways. Mertesacker, Bellerin, and Welbeck/Giroud (if Alexis isn't quite ready for a start yet) could all make the team as well.

Fixture History
    Our games against Liverpool haven't gone in our favor as of late. Most recently, we've suffered 1-3 and 3-4 losses, and 3-3 and 0-0 draws. We'll have to hope therefore that our new signings of Kolasinac and Lacazette, as well as our switch to the 3-4-3 formation, can overturn our fortunes.
    :(

2. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

An attempt to get me to watch this...

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  3. rich 1990

It's a good idea. However, I won't take part in it as I'm too black and/or white.

4. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Maybe 2-2, both sides can score, both sides can concede but neither side will want to lose.

5. rich 1990

In other words, the grass will be green.

6. Rocky

Rocky Swears he's not a Tottenham fan

Hopefully the Hoffenheim game will cause Liverpool to lack focus and have an off-game...

7. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Not been too impressed with them so far + fancy Lacazette to cause them problems.

We lose atleast away at Liverpool & Stoke fixtures out the way.

8. grunger

grunger Member

Just wondering if Jack will make the bench, he due to have another run out Monday night with the under 21s. Would like to see Giroud start, in tandem with Laca, as their defence has problems with high balls.

Linson likes this.
  9. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

My first experiment to try to quiy watching Arsenal. Not expecting to make it but we will see.

If I have success I will write a book, a manual and hope it can help few of forumers on here to quit!

zanwalk and Tir Na Nog like this.
  10. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Hope we win

GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  11. {reed}

{reed} Poundland GDeep

Hope we finally see our first-choice eleven

gunner4lyfe likes this.
  12. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Drunka In Friend Zone

With no Lallana and Coutinho in the team,we maybe can get something.Liverpool's pace at Anfield is pretty good,we'll need to stop their waves and to hope it's gonna be good day for us.

13. arsmile

arsmile Well-Known Member

think we'll lose 8-5

albakos, GeorgiaGunner and DanDare like this.
  14. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Tomorrow morning

Henry is standing and greating the players as they come in for practise,

Says that Monsiouer Wenger has been promoted to head of Fotball (or whatever)

I am to be caretaker manager
    Here is my new coaching staff
    Robert Pires
    Patrick Vieira
    Martin Keown
    Jens Lehmann

-Lets just get a feel for each other today and play some 3 a side okey boys?

-I want to have a quick chat with each and everyone during the day

Tuesday comes around
    parking lot is slightly less crowded
    Theo
    Joel
    Carl
    Kieran
    Mohamed
    Mathiue
    are missing

The boys line up
    mr Henry speaks-
    I had to make some tough choices last night

We are abit slim now but everything will be in place this week Patrick and Robert got on airplanes late last night and will be back tomorrow/day after tomorrow lets have a good practise today

Tuesday
    People are laughing and hugging, Bacary is back
    Henry- today Martin will lead the practise, we have some issues we have to sort out defensivly and it starts today

Wednesday
    Patrick greets the players as they come in- Okey boys lets great your new teammates Lorenzo and Kalidou. -Titi is away today so you guys are mine.
    After practise a guy is sitting on a flashy car in the parking
    -Hey guys I heard you needed a midfielder, Titi called me and told me to come. It is Alex Song!

Thursday
    Henry is back and starts with a meeting
    Okey boys i want you to be on your toes from now on, we got alot to play for from now on, we are The Arsenal, every season is a title challenge and I believe we got a squad that can handle that, anyone who doesn't think so are free to leave, now Mesut, Alexis, Alex I want you to be part of this comeback but I cannot let you be a distraction, I have contracts ready in my office, come with me after the practise and sign and show your true colours

Okey now lets welcome these new guys I have been working with a while in Belgium, I want us to focus on the league and the Euro League, you guys not yet established in the starting XI and some of the guys from our own ranks will be getting plenty of time in the cups and perhaps even the early stages of the Europa League. but I feel we have many young guys who'd benefit from going out on loan so I felt the need to give the U21-u18 team some fresh blood
    welcome these belgian youth capped players. Belgium is a an up and comer in world football with a senior team that is making some waves.
    Dante Rigo CM
    Jorn Vancamp FW
    Jens Teunckens GK
    Wout Faes DF
    Adriano Bertaccini FW
    Elias Cobbaut DF
    Bryan Heyenen MF
    Andy Kawaya MF/FW
    Dion Cools DF
    Kino Delorge DF
    Matthias Verreth MF/FW

Lets have a focused training today, Liverpool will be a big game for us that sets the tone for this season, lets make the best of the situation now.

Friday
    Henry comes in wearing a suit
    First I want to thank Alexis, Özil and Alex all signed now this morning and I want to thank them for their belief in us and this team
    Robert is back, he has been all the way over the pond to Argentina, a country that seems to be overlooked in recent years, lets get these guys before they go thru Italy/Spain
    Santiago Ascacibar MF
    Juan Foythe DF
    Lautaro Martinez FW
    Franco Petroli GK

Today we need to go over overall tactics
    Some of you guys will be on the bench but do not let that discourage you, this is a team effort and the season is long
    The lineup will be

Cech
    Mustafi, Kos, Koulibaly
    Ox Xhaka, Ramsey Kola
    Özil
    Alexis Laca

Bench
    Ospina
    Giroud
    Bellerin
    Monreal
    Song
    Jack
    Insigne

No major tactical overhaul but Alexis I want you further up really hounding the defenders, you will get plenty of balls to work with from Özil anyway

Ramsey conserve your energy and we'll let the wingbacks push more instead, make runs but make valued runs.

Henry- remember boys I don't demand a win, but won't tolerate a loss and a lousy performance. we got guys in now that more than willingly want your spot

Saturday easy training and teambuilding, and a movie night with highlights from the Invincibles

Linson, StatLad, Jury and 4 others like this.
  15. Bergkamp a Dutch Master

Bergkamp a Dutch Master Well-Known Member

I could do with the help, keep looking for the AFQA club, BUT DON'T FIND IT.
    Arsenal Fan Quitting Anonymous.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  16. GeorgiaGunner

GeorgiaGunner Closet United Fan

That front 4 will run us off the pitch, but we'll get a few. Think we'll lose 4-2.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  17. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

it is hard finding streams these days so I am probably not watching every game, hurts to much anyway

18. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

[​IMG]

19. Wilshere1010

Wilshere1010 Well-Known Member

Loool wtf

El Granit-Coq likes this.
  20. Nicenho

Nicenho Active Member

Beautiful.

YeahBee likes this.
Thread Status: