• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Santi Cazorla: My Friend, Is Adios, No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Last year I was running along a tow path and a branch of thorns got stuck in my trainer. Like an idiot I stopped and pulled it out quickly and one of thorns pierced my finger. It festered, and my doctor froze the finger and tried to take it out because it was behind my nail. But he left some in. And it got worse. I had to have small operation in hospital to remove my nail and what was left. Then I got an infection from the operation and had to have a third operation to clean out all the rot.

My finger's fine now. But I learnt two things, never have an operation unless you absolutely need it, and it's ****ing hard to shower with one hand :lol: So my missus had to soap me down in the shower every morning while I kept the bandaged hand with plastic bag on it up in the air.

Amazing how long it took to heal ;)
Stick to talking about squad cost.

Even if he does get to play in the first team again (personally I can't see how its possible), he won't be even half the player he was before this nightmare.

I think him saying he hopes to be back playing by January means just playing in training surely?

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I always have thought, we are very very bad in midfield without our spanish maestro. this little guy is the engine of our midfield. hope we can still see him on the pitch if his health would allow this.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I always have thought, we are very very bad in midfield without our spanish maestro. this little guy is the engine of our midfield. hope we can still see him on the pitch if his health would allow this.
We need to replace him. He is amazing but he will never be the same again. We need to look forward and replace ASAP. This is yet another one of Wenger's failings.

Aevi

Hale End FC
£16m for Cazorla was great business at the time and even better when you look back now.

Still convinced a fit Cazorla in 15/16 wins this team the league.
We could have done something about it by not being naive and bringing in some competition that could fill in for Cazorla were he to be injured. It's not like Coq-Cazorla didn't have its issues anyway, it often got flattened by big, physical teams.

Aevi

Hale End FC
It's crazy that we relied on a player that we knew had injury issues. How did we not learn from all the other times that's happened in the past decade? It's crazy. Our other options were Coq and Flamini (Ramsey was also injured at the time I believe), who were so poor we became desperate enough to try Chambers in midfield. The 2015/16 season was such a missed opportunity, the club deserves has no excuses for not winning the title that year.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It's crazy that we relied on a player that we knew had injury issues. How did we not learn from all the other times that's happened in the past decade? It's crazy. Our other options were Coq and Flamini (Ramsey was also injured at the time I believe), who were so poor we became desperate enough to try Chambers in midfield. The 2014/15 season was such a missed opportunity, the club deserves has no excuses for not winning the title that year.

I've got an excuse.

Ready?

SQUADCOST.

FreakySami

It's crazy that we relied on a player that we knew had injury issues. How did we not learn from all the other times that's happened in the past decade? It's crazy. Our other options were Coq and Flamini (Ramsey was also injured at the time I believe), who were so poor we became desperate enough to try Chambers in midfield. The 2014/15 season was such a missed opportunity, the club deserves has no excuses for not winning the title that year.

The chances for 1 person to get 8 operations on a common injury that usually takes 1-2 operations Max is close to 0. It was a chance the club took and it backfired because Santi got gangrene.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

^ which is unbelievably unlucky

I’m usually first to slander Arsenal when it comes to long term absentees but this is a sad and one off case.

say yes

forum master baiter

You mean 15/16 right? 14/15 wasn’t great either but I don’t think that it tops the ‘being the only club in Europe not to make an outfield signing before losing the title to the favourites for relegation’ year.

14/15 was the year that Chelsea walked it.

Aevi

Hale End FC
You mean 15/16 right? 14/15 wasn’t great either but I don’t think that it tops the ‘being the only club in Europe not to make an outfield signing before losing the title to the favourites for relegation’ year.

14/15 was the year that Chelsea walked it.
Yeah that's what I meant, my bad.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Return pushed back even further :(

"Some discomfort in the tendon that had dragged the last few days, I have had to undergo surgery. It is delaying the date of return to the playing fields, I maintain the illusion and motivation to enjoy my great passion, soccer"

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Return pushed back even further :(

"Some discomfort in the tendon that had dragged the last few days, I have had to undergo surgery. It is delaying the date of return to the playing fields, I maintain the illusion and motivation to enjoy my great passion, soccer"
Even Diaby hasn't probably undergone this many number of surgeries.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I don't think we will ever see him on the pitch in a competitive game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Top Bottom