• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Santi Cazorla: My Friend, Is Adios, No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
From what I gather all those complications are in the past and he expects/hopes to be back in january.

Honestly as much as I'd love to see him play again, if there is any risk in coming back he should do what's best for his health. He still has a life to live after football.. Really feel so bad for him, such a great guy, always so positive.. Would love to see him end his career on a good note, so I hope he can come back, but his health is the most important..
Absolutely.
Can't believe how severe the injury was and there's no doubt that if he steps on a pitch again he won't be the same player that we remember seeing anyway.
I'm in two minds about this, on one hand I'd love to see him return as there's no player at the club like the little magician. It would also be a huge boost for everyone at the club to see him return. But on the other hand, his long term health is more important, he could be one tackle away from spending the rest of his life walking with a limp.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I have a script in my mind that we make the FA Cup final again and Santi comes on with 10 minutes to go, and scores the winner with one of his magical free kicks

he deserves a special moment after all his trials and tribulations

junglist57

Established Member
How the hell in today's modern age of medical care did poor Santi contract gangrene?! The man should be suing someone over this surely.

Shocking to read how severe and serious his injury actually was. Poor guy.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
How the hell in today's modern age of medical care did poor Santi contract gangrene?! The man should be suing someone over this surely.

It's just down to bad luck.
I'm a med student and sometimes **** happens even if everything is done correctly.

He had multiple surgeries.
Noawadays we give antibiotics before, during, and after the surgery to prevent any infection.
But the more we use antibiotics, the more bacterias get resistant to it.

Especially when you get the bacteria during the surgery at the hospital. They are more resistant than if he got it elsewhere.

He's very lucky because it could have been a lot worse.
He could have gotten a necrotizing fasciitis (don't google it it's really ugly) if he hadn't been treated soon enough.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Hospital are notorious for infections , can't be helped .

junglist57

Established Member
giphy.gif

Just thankful for our club giving him that one year extension. Good money will help him be settled through rest of his life!

Hope he will be able to do 100% ball training after his career is over, you never know. But Cazorla seems perfect manager for youth. Such important for the kids to know its not the size that makes top footballers and Cazorla is great example of that. Kids also need to learn technique and there are few better in that area than Cazorla!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Watching Wilshere and Walcott last night I don't think it's just Santi that had a career ruined by bad injury.

Michael Owen said, looking back, after recovering from his ACL injury, he was just kidding himself that he was the same footballer as before.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Just thankful for our club giving him that one year extension. Good money will help him be settled through rest of his life!

Hope he will be able to do 100% ball training after his career is over, you never know. But Cazorla seems perfect manager for youth. Such important for the kids to know its not the size that makes top footballers and Cazorla is great example of that. Kids also need to learn technique and there are few better in that area than Cazorla!
as I feel Wenger is at least partially responsible for his initial injury, through over playing him, it would be a nice gesture to give him a testimonial if his career is indeed over

he seems to be popular beyond Arsenal too, so it would be easy to put together a good team to play against us

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This guy is kaput. I’m glad he’s got top level care on the clubs dime to make up for career sustained injury and complication.

He’s done playing football at any level though. We should have replaced him this summer

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
From his interview with Marca, an infection "ate" his achilles tendon. They've taken skin from his left arm (destroying his tattoo in the process) to graft on his ankle. The surgeon said he should be satisfied that he can walk! He's a real trooper tbh. I hope he comes back in the new year and has the best time of his career before retiring with some trophies with us. He's such a likeable guy too and a real warrior despite being diminutive. Get fully well too Santi.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Why did they have to massacre his tattoo? Couldn't they have taken skin from his thigh or something? Poor guy will need a tatt touch up when his skin has healed enough. I know from personal experience they hurt like a ************.

Just wanna see him back playing. I know he won't give up, I just hope he can get healthy enough to ball in January. Still the most two footed player I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakun Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Latest posts

Top Bottom