• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Really highlights his flaws. Notice how often he's isolated 1 vs 1 against a defender on the wing, yet decides to make a simple pass backwards instead. His touch is also inconsistent as all hell.

The lad is the definition of a limited footballer. To his credit he knows his limits and has been super effective utilizing his strengths, but I truly struggle to see Wenger getting the most out of him. He'd be the least Wenger-like signing he's ever made.
Just did some digging into the stats, and Aubameyang has a higher rate of forward passes than Suarez and Aguero :p

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Aubameyang is one of the best strikers in the world and you say that he is a gabonian Theo Walcott. I think you should go back to playing FIFA.

He's not even top 10. Stop. There is a reason he's still at BVB and his only offers are China and apparently disfunctional-ass Arsenal despite him begging to get out year on year.

Dembele got his big move, Pulisic will get his soon enough, but PEA will be stuck at BVB scoring tap ins unless someone gets desperate.

Don't get what people are up in arms about the Walcott comparisons as they have a similar skill set and will have similar struggles at AFC, yes PEA is better, but that isn't saying much since we're talking about Theo ****ing Walcott.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
He's not even top 10. Stop. There is a reason he's still at BVB and his only offers are China and apparently disfunctional-ass Arsenal despite him begging to get out year on year.

Dembele got his big move, Pulisic will get his soon enough, but PEA will be stuck at BVB scoring tap ins unless someone gets desperate.

Don't get what people are up in arms about the Walcott comparisons as they have a similar skill set and will have similar struggles at AFC, yes PEA is better, but that isn't saying much since we're talking about Theo ****ing Walcott.

In 2016 he was in the top 10: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...est-footballers-in-the-world-2016-interactive

Aevi

Hale End FC
If this happens, I think it's confirmed that Wenger doesn't rate Lacazette. And that's fine by me if he is proactive enough to do something about it, like buying Aubameyang. I'm just surprised he would be so ruthless, if this is indeed on the cards.

Aubameyang
Özil - Malcom
We wouldn't miss Alexis too much tbf, that's a very nice front line. Iwobi on the left in a 4-2-3-1 would be solid too imo, if he gets his act together.

every little thing

if we get him,we have a front line with the best strikers in france and germany...there is no reason we couldnt score beside our manager is ****

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Why do people hate Aubameyang so much? The guy has scored ****loads of goals in Dortmund.

Only issue is maybe thats because their style suits him, but the same can be said about every striker

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That so interesting also kicker saying auba turned down China money and he forcing himself out of Dortmund and will join European club

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

You posted a link that had him higher than Kane, Cavani and Costa not now, but back in 2016. :lol: Okay.

Football moves fast and despite what the guardian thought back in 2016, nobody went in for him (again despite himself wanting out) he's still at BVB and the 3 players listed above (plus others) have moved above him. PEA isn't a elite CF...I thought this was common knowledge, why is this hard to accept?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Salah is a pace merchant as well, is he much better technically than Auba?

Salah's dribbling is on another planet compared to Auba. His ability on the ball in general is much superior. Obviously Salah also benefits from Klopp's system, but still.

Why do people hate Aubameyang so much? The guy has scored ****loads of goals in Dortmund.

Only issue is maybe thats because their style suits him, but the same can be said about every striker

Of course, any discussion of his potential poor fit and weaknesses is immediately labeled as hate.

I've been a fan of Auba for a long time, but I was advocating for you to sign him several years ago where he'd maybe be able to adapt and have time to gel etc. If you get him in now, it's immediate success or being stuck with an extremely overpaid has-been pace merchant. Considering you already have a striker known for his runs in behind and it's not clicking at Arsenal, it's completely fair to be more than worried when you're being linked to a striker whose entire career has based around exactly that.

As I said earlier, goals aren't scored in a vacuum. The setup is incredibly important and Auba is a player who feeds off of space and counter attacks. You generally offer neither space nor quick counter attacks, except when you play against Barca inexplicably.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
This signing makes more sense if the fat Armenian from United are coming too, instant link-up play from Dortmund and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom