• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Allegri and Jardim are both excellent choices, all others are much more of a gamble. Think we can lure Jardim here, not sure about Allegri.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Allegri is very impressive in many ways. I've been watching the Juve doc on netflix and he comes across like a real serious f*cker. He speaks in a very matter of fact way, he just says what he sees and doesn't act coy or play games very much.

He seems like he has a way of playing, but he also looks at the opponents and intensely prepares the team for those particular opponents. After a while that may start to grate if the fans or the squad don't feel like they have an identity in how they play. But ultimately he's a winner, he'd really shake up this current squad.

Saw the documentary on Netflix but never got around to it.

I'm curious, does it focus a substantial bit on Allegri & his outlook, tactics & what exactly makes him tick?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Why are people quite so down on Ancelotti? Is it because of what happened at Bayern? I don't personally think he's the very best candidate out there, but I don't understand the disdain for him by some of you. Remember that he was following Pep at Bayern, a guy who coached players intensely, in contrast to that Ancelotti seemed too hands off. But compared to Wenger he'd probably be quite hands on.

I understand the argument for Ancelotti to come in for two seasons say, get us back in the top 4 while the club lines up a younger long-term coach. Maybe by that time someone like Arteta would actually be ready. It's not the worst solution, certainly a lot better than hiring Low or Arteta too soon.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Saw the documentary on Netflix but never got around to it.

I'm curious, does it focus a substantial bit on Allegri & his outlook, tactics & what exactly makes him tick?

Nah not really, he's not in it any more than anybody else. You see snippets of his preparations for games though.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Nah not really, he's not in it any more than anybody else. You see snippets of his preparations for games though.

I know a few Juventus fans & the feeling I get from them is that he believes he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

True, he inherited Conte's team but he put his mark on it & took them to 2 Champions League finals making them a force to be reckoned with .

Not a bad feat for a manager of a club who, much like us, have always underwhelmed in Europe.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I can't believe someone is seriously saying we should sign Brendan ****ing Rogers as our next manager....might as well get Phil Thompson in, if nose size is our main criteria...Jesus wept..
He's not a bad coach. I mean he developed Sterling into a quality player, helped resurrect the careers of Coutinho and Sturridge, took a very average team close to the title in 13/14. He's also flexible tactically when it comes to playing different formations. Ultimately Suarez leaving + their transfer committee making poor signings was the end of him.

I wouldn't have him replace Wenger but he certainly has more claim for a top job than the likes of Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
if we are serious about about appoint Jardim we should do it befroe the world cup start so he'll time to work in transfers and rebuilding the team.

If we get someone like Jardim he will be a coach and have little input on transfers. That’s what Sven and the other chap are there for.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Why are people quite so down on Ancelotti? Is it because of what happened at Bayern? I don't personally think he's the very best candidate out there, but I don't understand the disdain for him by some of you. Remember that he was following Pep at Bayern, a guy who coached players intensely, in contrast to that Ancelotti seemed too hands off. But compared to Wenger he'd probably be quite hands on.

Our goal should be to get a manager who can beat Guardiola, who can finish in the league above him even with less resources and odds against him. Not just Guardiola but also Mourinho, Klopp, Pochettino, and whomever the next Chelsea manager is. We need fresh ideas, managers with insights others do not have, someone who can make the same impact Wenger made when he joined us. Ancelotti is certainly not the manager to do that. Difficult if not near impossible to get such a manager? Of course it is. That is why our board needs to be special to be able to get him.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

All the options are a bit of a punt but theres no one else we could get.

Jarmin and Allegri both worth a punt.
Ancelloti might be an okay stop gap but don't see him making major changes. Could spark some life in to players though.
Low would be a massive risk and I can't stand even looking at him.
Arteta and Henry are not options.
Rodgers... would be embarrassing and I'd struggle to watch us. He might actually achieve a decent level but **** what ever the cost to the image of the club that would be.

GDeep™

League is very weak
All the options are a bit of a punt but theres no one else we could get.

Jarmin and Allegri both worth a punt.
Ancelloti might be an okay stop gap but don't see him making major changes. Could spark some life in to players though.
Low would be a massive risk and I can't stand even looking at him.
Arteta and Henry are not options.
Rodgers... would be embarrassing and I'd struggle to watch us. He might actually achieve a decent level but **** what ever the cost to the image of the club that would be.
Arteta is a credible option. Whatever you think of it, it can’t be denied he’s highly rated as a coach within the game.

I want a young manager I think.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Arteta is a credible option. Whatever you think of it, it can’t be denied he’s highly rated as a coach within the game.

I want a young manager I think.

Can't be denied Wenger is highly rated as a coach within the game too.....

If Arteta wants to be Arsenal manager he needs to first leave City and either come manage our youth team or another side. As an assistant manager he is as qualified to be our manager as Ryan Giggs should be for Utd. Ask yourself this question: if Arteta stayed an Everton player and never played for us would you want him to be our manager with his current experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom