• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Vs Manchester City Take 2 PL Sky 7 45 1/3/2018

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Not sure if boycotting games is the right thing to do, even though it's a very useful and visible way to voice displeasure. Going to a game is about showing you support a club, not just the players, the manager or the board. You can't just stay away from the club when you're unhappy with it and then go back when it's better. In that scenario you're not a supporter.

Agree Dash , booing the feckers is more palatable than not turning up .

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Short term disruption in a crisis situation for the greater long term good.

If you condone it once then where does it stop? Supporting a club is unconditional, you can hate the people running it like hell but it doesn't mean you stop supporting it. You go to watch a game to support the colours and the crest of your club against the opposition. Yes you're also supporting the players, but they are merely representatives of the colours.

I totally get the argument for boycotting games, of course I do. It just doesn't sit easy with me.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Not sure if boycotting games is the right thing to do, even though it's a very useful and visible way to voice displeasure. Going to a game is about showing you support a club, not just the players, the manager or the board. You can't just stay away from the club when you're unhappy with it and then go back when it's better. In that scenario you're not a supporter.
And this right here is why there will be no change. Saying if fans dont go to a game they aren't showing support is rubbish. It doesnt mean you dont support the team anymore. A message has to be sent that enough is enough. The board need to know that the fans aren't happy and showing up with little signs and having a plane fly over wont do that.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

I thought Pep was very respectful in his interview. It's so annoying that City are playing like we used to and we won nothing during our time of playing some of the best football the PL has seen.

You're right and it all stems from Pep, contrary to Wenger, recognising the need for a defensive strategy.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
And this right here is why there will be no change. Saying if fans dont go to a game they aren't showing support is rubbish. It doesnt mean you dont support the team anymore. A message has to be sent that enough is enough. The board need to know that the fans aren't happy and showing up with little signs and having a plane fly over wont do that.

Not going to a game is the textbook definition of not showing support.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Really wasn't that bad , but I thought quality of passing from the back from Chambers and Kolasinac let the side down but aside from that we played well , execution at the forward end was ****e as well.

I agree. The difference was in the execution in the final third, we got into good positions in and around their box, but the wrong decision or a bad touch/pass ruined our attack, while City players executed perfectly and punished us for our mistakes. Difference in quality was evident on the pitch.

I hate how easily our heads drop though.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
If Arsenal fans think they can just stay at home till they get what they want and they're happy again then they don't deserve to get what they want or be happy.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Isn’t there still a massive waiting list for season tickets? Plus I’m sure we attract a lot of tourists who’ll happily pay to get a chance to watch a match. It’ll be like today, where the paid attendance is near 60,000 but actual representation way fewer (Ik weather and being a thursday affected the attendance).

A boycott won’t do any good if the owners still get to line their pockets. In fact, not showing up to games when the tickets are paid for is like rubbing salt into our own wound (the higher ups get paid while the team get no support). It has to be an organized and collective effort, which will be nigh on impossible for a fan base as big as us.

Last edited:

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
If Arsenal fans think they can just stay at home till they get what they want and they're happy again then they don't deserve to get what they want or be happy.
How about an incentive to go like, erm, lower ticket prices? Personally think the patience of Arsenal fans has been understated. This was the first game really with huge swathes of empty seats and even then it was a horrible night and on a Thursday. The fans could have turned nasty a lot earlier then they have. If we were Liverpool, the fans would have torched the stadium.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Not going to a game is the textbook definition of not showing support.
You said fans aren't showing up because things are bad. That is not the reason. They are protesting how the club is being run into mediocrity and you are saying they aren't real supporters because or this? So ifif people dont go to the games because of this they dont love the club?

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
How about an incentive to go like, erm, lower ticket prices? Personally think the patience of Arsenal fans has been understated. This was the first game really with huge swathes of empty seats and even then it was a horrible night and on a Thursday. The fans could have turned nasty a lot earlier then they have. If we were Liverpool, the fans would have torched the stadium.

Totally in favour of organised protests and movements targeting lower ticket prices, 100%. But having season tickets paid for and not showing up on a consistent basis (I know today was unique, but more generally there's been a lot of empty seats this season) is just a disorganised and directionless act. We can have a discussion about how to get ticket prices lowered, but just not showing up and expecting the club to respond is not the right way. All it achieves is worsening the atmosphere and damaging our reputation further.

Anyway a lot of the empty seats aren't in direct protest at ticket prices, they're in protest at the state of the team. Our fans are living up to their reputation as 'entitled'. They absolutely shouldn't have to pay so much for tickets, it's a disgrace. But if they've bought them they should show up and voice their displeasure in other more organised ways.

blaze_of_glory

It's a definition of insanity to do the same thing over and over and over again expecting different results.

If this was true then there would never be any point in practicing anything. Generally, the more you do something, the better you get. Which leads to different results.

Also if you punch something over and over with the same force, eventually it will break.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
If this was true then there would never be any point in practicing anything. Generally, the more you do something, the better you get. Which leads to different results.

Also if you punch something over and over with the same force, eventually it will break.

That seriously has to be one of the stupidest quotes that keeps getting repeated all the time..

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Isn’t there still a massive waiting list for season tickets? Plus I’m sure we attract a lot of tourists who’ll happily pay to get a chance to watch a match. It’ll be like today, where the paid attendance is near 60,000 but actual representation way fewer (Ik weather and being a thursday affected the attendance).

A boycott won’t do any good if the owners still get to line their pockets. In fact, not showing up to games when the tickets are paid for is like rubbing salt into our own wound (the higher ups get paid while the team get no support). It has to be an organized and collective effort, which will be nigh on impossible for a fan base as big as us.
No its not.

Does anyone actually have a clue? Please, I hope someone does.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
So just keep paying the highest ticket prices in Europe for this?

Let me be clear I think the ticket prices are a disgrace and the club should be ashamed of themselves. If the club don't act of their own volition then 100% the supporters should come together and protest. But not showing up for games when you've already bought a ticket is not the same thing.

I'm in no position to judge people for whether they buy a ticket or not, it's their own income and for many it's too expensive so they can't afford to buy tickets. I myself can't afford to buy tickets for most games. But if you have a ticket and therefore the means to watch the game and support the club, and then you choose not to do that, I think that calls into question the strength of your support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom