• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Ornstein is the only one who was claiming that Wenger chose to walk away. Every other major source such as the Times, Telegraph, Guardian and Standard said he was forced out/sacked/whatever you want to call it.

If you reject every other source and follow the narrative that Ornstein put out, the inference is that you take his word over the others.

So that means we're taking his word for it despite nowhere claiming it?

Go home mate, you're clearly drunk.

Furious

Wish I knew how to do this search thing so I could search back posts 3 years back in the time when American Gooner believed Dean was a real ITK... But I'm a gentleman!

Yeah I remember him doing it until recently. Always quoted me with some "evidence" despite Dean clearly making up stuff on several occasions before.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Ornstein is the club's mouthpiece. He releases what the club wants released. If he's saying that Wenger chose to walk then that's what the club wants the public to believe. Whether it's true or not is another story. Some of his statements are purely PR and/or some are factual. That's the nature of his mouthpiece status.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
Hi everyone. I have been reading Arsenal talk for years and years, and i finally updated my login so that I could say a few words.

I am a foreign fan, from India, who with the advent of cable tv, started to watch british football on television in the 90's while i worked in a call centre job late at night. After finishing my shift around midnight, I would get home, and would have no social life, but just the television, and it was about 8pm UK time, so I would have some amazing football to watch. I saw Thierry Henry run one night on a small 14 inch tv and I was hooked. Arsenal became my club.

I came here to say, that Arsène Wenger gave us fans something to be proud of. For the past decade, rival club supporters and then some of our supporters, started to taunt us in earnest. On the field we were being kicked off and the referees and moneymen were bullying us. Off the field, we were bullied by those who did so, just because they could.

I have watched every press conference of Arsène for over 10 yrs and seen every match if not live on tv, then a recording.It became something that reminded me of those days, when I was struggling to make a career, alone in a big city, living in a crummy little room and working insane hours. Arsenal was a living presence in my life, something to look forward to, a tribe to belong to, values to adhere to.

I do not doubt for a minute, that Arsène deviated from those values. A lot of the magic came from his behind the scenes work, and brick by brick, a value system, style and ethos was built up. Of course there were foundations, and a glorious past, not denying that.

However, from head to toe, from the laces on the boots to the light on top of the stadium, Arsène transformed the club. He made it future ready and fully equipped for the current age. This was one of the most amazing sustained professional jobs executed by any professional. Even the Taj Mahal was built in 20 yrs.

Please do not abuse him. Please do not taunt him. Please do not mock him. If we do that, we lose our values, and the whole edifice will come crumbling down.

Sorry. I am very emotional. I really liked hearing him talk intelligently and he was a big role model. I will post a few things on and off till I remain emotional. Please bear with me. Probably when Arsène leaves, I will shut up too. Its a little too painful seeing the gloating in Le Grove and elsewhere.

Furious

Yes, because you dismiss every other source that's stating otherwise.

.. that doesn't make any sense ffs, especially when you pathetically went on and quoted me on old posts about Ornstein... how do you even know I read what Ornstein said? :rolleyes:

I made my own conclusion on the matter. There was not a single paper reporting that Wenger was about to announce leaving and yet I'm supposed to believe them when they say he was sacked? They put 2+2 together, and what made the best headlines, wow, evidence.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
When someone is offered a two year contract but can't see him self finishing it because of many reasons and then goes ask the board if he can leave and they agree.
Nah. Even if you like to think Wenger initiated it, it would be Wenger deciding to go. The club argeeing to let him go isn't really 'mutual' in this instance, just as the club telling him his time is up in the summer and Wenger politely agreeing to leave wouldn't be mutual either.

Nothing at all seems mutual here. Everything points to Wenger wanting to stay, but having the sense to agree his position was practically untenable

pacstud

Oh, your reasons for wanting change are more special than others. Sorry!
Not special, accurate. At least I think so.

People are making the case that a change in manager will get more out of the same product. I don't disagree with that statement.

I do disagree that it will be a considerable change and I would add it could be a change for the worse.

Some are arguing that any different manager will get quite a bit more. I struggle to agree with that.

(I did like Rampage when that dude was fighting...fun)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not special, accurate. At least I think so.

People are making the case that a change in manager will get more out of the same product. I don't disagree with that statement.

I do disagree that it will be a considerable change and I would add it could be a change for the worse.

Some are arguing that any different manager will get quite a bit more. I struggle to agree with that.

(I did like Rampage when that dude was fighting...fun)
I think something as simple as a change will rejuvenate what we have. there's a big lack of accountability and and too many players in their comfort zones imo. Any change, changes that.

I can't see us finishing worse than 6th, so I doubt we'll get worse. However our current trajectory wouldn't make me feel too optimistic about top 6 next year, if we had no change. I feel the situation had become critical. It seems the board did too.

blaze_of_glory

Nah. Even if you like to think Wenger initiated it, it would be Wenger deciding to go. The club argeeing to let him go isn't really 'mutual' in this instance, just as the club telling him his time is up in the summer and Wenger politely agreeing to leave wouldn't be mutual either.

Nothing at all seems mutual here. Everything points to Wenger wanting to stay, but having the sense to agree his position was practically untenable
Yup, he's pretty much confirmed this with his latest statements. And they align with what he was alluding to in his press conference after the match on Sunday as well with his talk about the club/fans no longer being able to portray an image of unity, etc if he stayed. He never said it was his preference or decision, he more intimated that he realized it was the only way forward given how everything was playing out.

Goonerozil33

Hi everyone. I have been reading Arsenal talk for years and years, and i finally updated my login so that I could say a few words.

I am a foreign fan, from India, who with the advent of cable tv, started to watch british football on television in the 90's while i worked in a call centre job late at night. After finishing my shift around midnight, I would get home, and would have no social life, but just the television, and it was about 8pm UK time, so I would have some amazing football to watch. I saw Thierry Henry run one night on a small 14 inch tv and I was hooked. Arsenal became my club.

I came here to say, that Arséne Wenger gave us fans something to be proud of. For the past decade, rival club supporters and then some of our supporters, started to taunt us in earnest. On the field we were being kicked off and the referees and moneymen were bullying us. Off the field, we were bullied by those who did so, just because they could.

I have watched every press conference of Arséne for over 10 yrs and seen every match if not live on tv, then a recording.It became something that reminded me of those days, when I was struggling to make a career, alone in a big city, living in a crummy little room and working insane hours. Arsenal was a living presence in my life, something to look forward to, a tribe to belong to, values to adhere to.

I do not doubt for a minute, that Arséne deviated from those values. A lot of the magic came from his behind the scenes work, and brick by brick, a value system, style and ethos was built up. Of course there were foundations, and a glorious past, not denying that.

However, from head to toe, from the laces on the boots to the light on top of the stadium, Arséne transformed the club. He made it future ready and fully equipped for the current age. This was one of the most amazing sustained professional jobs executed by any professional. Even the Taj Mahal was built in 20 yrs.

Please do not abuse him. Please do not taunt him. Please do not mock him. If we do that, we lose our values, and the whole edifice will come crumbling down.

Sorry. I am very emotional. I really liked hearing him talk intelligently and he was a big role model. I will post a few things on and off till I remain emotional. Please bear with me. Probably when Arséne leaves, I will shut up too. Its a little too painful seeing the gloating in Le Grove and elsewhere.
Everything i wanted to say and more...

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
There was not a single paper reporting that Wenger was about to announce leaving and yet I'm supposed to believe them when they say he was sacked? They put 2+2 together, and what made the best headlines, wow, evidence.
Yeah, Wenger made his announcement and then they communicated with their various sources to get the full story. That's kind of how journalism works.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Sending my thoughts and prayers to @carlito'sway , @Furious and @hydrofluoric acid.

Wenger resigning utterly of his own accord was always an absurd position to hold but to be contradicted so soon by the big man himself? Damn.

And there was me thinking that Roma had suffered the most humiliating loss of the week.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers mate. Let me say that I will do likewise since this is becoming an obsession of yours. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom