• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 1st Leg: Arsenal v Atletico Madrid | April 26, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Vintage Arsenal, we are the only team I can think of who can concede a goal to a team not trying to score.
Three defenders marking one midget, none of them aware of where he is, Koscielny kicks the ball into his own face, Mustafi falls over, textbook.

say yes

forum master baiter
1-1 is a poor result but it’s not a disaster. It’s still a draw and it’s the second best draw you can get. Play like that again in the second leg and we’ll qualify.

Just keep Captain bottler as far away from the team as possible.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Because it's the same old bollox we've seen for years. Missing chances. Lazy defending. And the outcome is we don't win. The person culpable is the manager. And guess who is leaving at the end of the season? So yeah. I'll blame the manager.

You need help mate. That is pathological. :rolleyes:

marting

Listen we would have taken 1-1 at the start considering. I think we played well and yes we wasn’t clinical.... but common, this is a team with only 1 player in double figures for goals this season so it’s pretty common that we are wasteful. The lack of subs baffled me a little, iwobi for all his worth can beat a man with skill and he could have been pretty useful in the last 10 at least.

The goal we conceded is all on the boss, I mean common, it’s weak defending from him, he was out muscled by a feather weight of a player, the attempted clearance maybe a little unlucky to hit him but he didn’t need to go to ground trying to do it. I can understand Monreal being a long way from kos but why mustafi was so far away I have no idea.

The crossing was actually pretty good and was the right way for us to go..... why didn’t we do that when we had giroud!

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
Blaming koscielny for what. The ball hitting him and falling kindly for griezman?? That would never have happened if welbeck did not dribble into 4 players and then monreal had ran up the pitch quicker. When you make those two mistakes then you can get punished by a lucky deflection
nopes...for behaving like a ***** as usual, and losing his head, and attempting a ridiculous clearance, rather than a strong swat away into the stands.

blaze_of_glory

Vintage Arsenal, we are the only team I can think of who can concede a goal to a team not trying to score.
Three defenders marking one midget, none of them aware of where he is, Koscielny kicks the ball into his own face, Mustafi falls over.
Textbook.
This sort of thing happens constantly though. Teams sit back and counter, it's a classic and proven strategy.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Blaming koscielny for what. The ball hitting him and falling kindly for griezman?? That would never have happened if welbeck did not dribble into 4 players and then monreal had ran up the pitch quicker. When you make those two mistakes then you can get punished by a lucky deflection

This is amateur defending, you'd expect ANY competent defender at the top level to deal with that situation..

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Blame kos completely for the goal. Just panic...100% bottling. No surprise we won the fa cup last season with mertasacker, Monreal and holding. Defended like champ.

It was disgusting...he was in control just had to hoof it to the left or slice it to the right or poke it out for a corner.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Think it was clear to tell that even with 10 men Atletico were the vastly superior team. Let us have the ball because they know very well how impotent we are and how resolute they are. 10 men for +80 minutes and we created maybe 2 or 3 clear cut chances besides the goal. Really not good enough at all.

Koscielny and Mustafi have all contributed to the worst season of CB pairing I've ever seen in my life. So ****ing ****. Literally a mistake EVERY SINGLE game. How?

stiiphunn

Established Member
We played ****ing brilliantly. Battered them from start to finish.

And then that stupid ****ing **** Captain bottler prick ****ed it up AGAIN. He’s become a parody of himself.
If we would have played brilliantly, we would have scored more than 1. We lacked ruthlessness in the final third and we overdid it with our passing on a number of occasions. It’s maybe pleasing on the eyes but it is counterproductive. It’s a shame really. We should have burried them today.

FEH

Wenger: "We have to recover from this disappointment and onto the next one".

If you wont laugh, you'll cry.

TheLawOfDiQ

In a two legged tie when you’re playing the first leg at home, a 1-0 win is a very good result!

Why? because it means the opponent has no away goals to take back home and you can always score one at their place in the return game and put massive pressure on the opponent.

Against 11 men, yeah. Against 10 for 80 mins? Disgraceful.

say yes

forum master baiter
1 goal at home against a team with 10 men for 80 minutes is far from brilliant mate.

Atletico have a brilliant defence and the second best goalkeeper in the world who had a blinder.

Yeah we should have scored more but the performance was brilliant. Stick by that.

Incredibly proud of how we played so to have that ****ing **** at CB **** it up YET AGAIN is like being kicked in the balls by a horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom