• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 1st Leg: Arsenal v Atletico Madrid | April 26, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Didn't catch the rest of the game, saw we were 1 up after I had to turn it off due to work.... What happened?

We had a hard time breaking them down from what I'm reading so beating them in Madrid is a dream. Send off for Arsène is off.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Dude....Seriously, give it a rest. We blew some great chances and our tewo CB's managed to give away an easy chance to Griezmann. What the f**** are you blaming Wenger for? Pathetic.
Because it's the same old bollox we've seen for years. Missing chances. Lazy defending. And the outcome is we don't win. The person culpable is the manager. And guess who is leaving at the end of the season? So yeah. I'll blame the manager.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
For an experienced player like Monreal, that's just horrendous. Mustafi is only slightly less disgusting. BOTH watching the ****ing ball that's 50 yards away. I can't handle this anymore.

We needed 3 or 5 goals win just to survive the second game. They had man sent off, this was our best chance to make sure the tie is over...

At. Madrid are in driver seat, they can defend and counter. They will let us have the ball in the second game and we will go all gungho and let them counter attack.

By the end of first half in second tie, At Madrid will be 3 goals up with away goal in hand.

This tie is over.

Last edited:

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
1-0 was still a bad result, makes little difference in Madrid. We needed and should of taken at least a 3-0 there with 10 ****ing men.
In a two legged tie when you’re playing the first leg at home, a 1-0 win is a very good result!

Why? because it means the opponent has no away goals to take back home and you can always score one at their place in the return game and put massive pressure on the opponent.

say yes

forum master baiter
We played ****ing brilliantly. Battered them from start to finish.

And then that stupid ****ing **** Captain bottler prick ****ed it up AGAIN. He’s become a parody of himself.

Goonerozil33

Losing the ball in the opposition's final third should never be your fault for conceding. This one is on Monreal and mostly Koscielny..
Blaming koscielny for what. The ball hitting him and falling kindly for griezman?? That would never have happened if welbeck did not dribble into 4 players and then monreal had ran up the pitch quicker. When you make those two mistakes then you can get punished by a lucky deflection

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We have to put a similar performance like we did against on form Milan side if we want to get something at Madrid

BBF

Untitled.jpg

No idea what Monreal is doing here

So many basic mistakes being made here. Monreal isn't following the line, and he's an absolute ***** for not pushing up. Koscielny has lost his man, but the balls just been played so he's unlucky here. Mustafi is an absolute stupid ****house being that far wide with no one where. Like honestly, what are Mustafi and Monreal thinking? stupid ****s

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Let's be real here.

Even if we do score, Atletico will score there's a 110% chance of that happening. Especially with trash like Mustafi & Koscielny at the back.

I want to stay positive that we can do it but watching that Atletico side and seeing how we couldn't break them down at home with them playing with 10 men for 75 mins. I can only see one outcome with Atletico winning and going through to the final.

These big games against Atletico are seperated by fine margins and with our error prone defence we have handed them a big advantage.

The onus is on us to attack them and they can just pick us off with their brilliant counter attacks.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
its just one of those things. We will always gift a goal. We did score a goal. Forget the red card, it doesnt matter. Atletico is not a possession team.

The good part is, that unlike our tradition, Atletico didnt hammer us 4:1 and leave us with a heroic and unsuccessful second leg performance to deliver.

I must say that, Wilshere + Xhaka + Ramsey + Özil is crap. Thats 4 slots wasted for very little attacking threat. If Mkhi is back, we should be able to close this out in Madrid. If not, Özil alone is a *****, and frankly, quite useless when the game is on the line.

c00lguy

We played ****ing brilliantly. Battered them from start to finish.

And then that stupid ****ing **** Captain bottler prick ****ed it up AGAIN. He’s become a parody of himself.

1 goal at home against a team with 10 men for 80 minutes is far from brilliant mate.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah I have a hard time blaming the defense for everything when they only gave up one goal. We should be scoring a lot more given the chances we created. Atletico are hard to break down but we managed to do so and should have capitalized more.

You know what , they aren't even hard that hard to break down in all honesty , too many gilt edged chances wasted . Fact that Lacazette had 2 other free headers in the box means they aren't that good .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom