• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 2nd Leg: Atletico Madrid (1) v Arsenal (1) | May 3, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction for the Rex Banner Derby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Funnily enough Giroud would've been a nice plan b to have. Atletico are too clever to pass your way through, particularly at home holding a lead. We had no alternative option and looked a bit lost for ideas.

I get that, but crossing? :lol:

Thats like plan Z, long shots, long ball, try get the match abandoned, but ****ing crossing?

Cross to who??

They HAVE a player (Godin) wearing a ****ing GUMSHIELD!!! Crossing is not going to work!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Anyway as much I hate this competition but we actually have the chance of winning it. We didn't give f**k about it this year and we arrived to Semi final unlucky to face those c**ts who should've been in CL
I love this competition because with all our flaws it was realitiscislly the only chance we have to get this far in Europe.

CJJ

Established Member
Only to a certain extent. Tonight was the team giving their absolute all but look how bad we still were. The team is abysmal.
Kroenke and co need to invest 150m this summer minimum to get us back into the top 4
Obviously we need to invest, but 350 is a bloated amount imo.

There's a reason guys leaving us has looked sharp. The talent is there, but Wenger's coaching is simply outdated.

Get a modern coach with a clear identity, then at least fix our OBVIOUS shortcomings we've had for years. (DM and commanding CB)
Then i'm sure we'll look a completely different team.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Some people should relax.

Atletico was a two times Champions League finalist in the last years, we were knocked out every time in the first round.

They exactly know how to play these games. Wait for the chances and they will get them. The homegame killed us. We should win there at least 2:0 and a Koscielny error killed us for the tie.

Maybe we lost and they have the success, but i never could football like this week for week. It's horrible for me. That's not my football i want to see.
Congrats for them, hope Simeone never will manage a team in the PL. Don't want to play against team like this.

FOR EVER ARSENAL! Europe League will not kill us.

Impressed by Chambers and Xhaka. Wilshere did well too in my opinion, better than Ramsey. Think Welbeck should go off for Micki.

Merci Arsène. #COYG

Mohamed7

Yup Burnley drew the last game and we will mostly end up in EL again, I hope Burnley beat us in last game of season to EL.

Yeah wouldn’t mind losing out EL. Such waste of time competition.

I wouldn’t mind us doing Chelsea with a quality manager on board - No European football would do us wonders with the small squad we have.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I think we also need to get rid of the assumption that these players will improve under a new manager as well. Yes, Wenger absolutely had to go but some of these players have got no spine and no heart and won't improve under anyone else.

Yeah I want a complete overhaul, some of them clearly are just not good enough.. Honestly don't care who we get rid off except for Auba, never been so detached from an Arsenal squad like this one, I hate over half of them lol..

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We're in the market for a big centre-forward who's good in the air and a fast forward who can play on the wing or down the middle and score a reasonable amount of goals.

Someone like Giroud and Walcott. Oh wait.....

arsmile

Established Member
find it hard to be too angry at the goal conceded- we needed to score to get anything out of the game...and we didn't- regardless of conceding

i feel like we did really well- tactical plan was perfect- get the fullbacks in and have then deliver the ball.

difficult to account for the two Spanish lads producing a steaming pile of turd between them- didn't deliver half a ball between them all match, despite dozens of chances...

on top of that they were both terrible defensively.

i feel like apart from those 2- the rest of the team did fine.

oh well...probably apt

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
If anyone wants my Europa league tickets for next year, pm me. Two for ever game. I need a years break.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I think we also need to get rid of the assumption that these players will improve under a new manager as well. Yes, Wenger absolutely had to go but some of these players have got no spine and no heart and won't improve under anyone else.

Spot on.

A new manager can only change so much, it's down to the players. Some of these players at Arsenal have been given a free ride.

People are expecting a new manager to come in and teach Mustafi how to defend or Xhaka on how to track back/make a killer pass.

That's why I want a strong manager who throws some of these bottlers in the bin.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I love this competition because with all our flaws it was realitiscislly the only chance we have to get this far in Europe.
Honestly we far from being competitive in CL our level in Europe its sad but this where are we now we have to accept it

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Honestly, I would take him at arsenal. I think there’s a pride that can be had from a team defending like that. Our football is **** now, if it’s **** with some structure I would see it as an upgrade. I don’t care how good we are, I don’t care what people think of us and our style. I just want to watch my team give 100%, look like they are fighting for the cause... because that just hasn’t happened in so long. There’s no pride in the arsenal shirt.

I'd take Simeone and his Cartel for a season or two, get rid of the rot or whatever has been told to our defence, hit the reset button and then hopefully we would be more balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom