• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I really feel for Wenger, ok he's had his worse season ever with the club and that's why he's going but he was let down by some players in both legs, that's why he's not finishing with a EL final and possibly a cup. I know there was the no subs issue in the first game, and starting last night with Mhiki on the bench but overall I don't blame Wenger for not getting us to the EL final.

I hope we win on Sun and finish his Emirates career with a big smile on his face, and probably tears in his eyes.

Could not agreed more, the board is a big failure for Wengers departure and the club going backwards, Wenger has done everything he could do in his power with this club, but financial ristrictions have been the real problem here not Wenger.

The Kroenkes are the real problem there and they have been around for ages need to go.

I will be heartbroken on Sunday anyway, and to imagine i had tickets for this match!, but a friend of mine could not go because of work makes me even more sad...would have been a great atmosphere for me flying in the morning from AMS to LGW and watching the greatest of them all waving him a good goodbye.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Could not agreed more, the board is a big failure for Wengers departure and the club going backwards, Wenger has done everything he could do in his power with this club, but financial ristrictions have been the real problem here not Wenger.

The Kroenkes are the real problem there and they have been around for ages need to go.

I will be heartbroken on Sunday anyway, and to imagine i had tickets for this match!, but a friend of mine could not go because of work makes me even more sad...would have been a great atmosphere for me flying in the morning from AMS to LGW and watching the greatest of them all waving him a good goodbye.

That's a shame re the tickets, yeh it will be a great atmosphere, even better if we win & perform well.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...emirates-stadium-premier-league-a8335926.html

Excellent article on Wenger's achievements in the Emirates era. It's such a hackneyed opinion from the media that Wenger's reign is divided into two parts; one successful and the other a failure. In reality his reign has had three parts, only the last of which can be considered a failure (despite the silverware). Absolutely does not get enough credit for his work in the austerity era and I'd be very interested to see if Tottenham can maintain their stability now that they're heading into more or less identical circumstances.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
its okay. Lay this season on Wenger. He had shouldered so much, what will one last one matter. I feel, he took this season on, just to enable the transition. Helped the new team settle down, helped them clear out the players they didnt like, helped blood a few youngsters, balance the books one last time.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
No doubt Wenger has some serious tactically issues, but the players have let him down these past two legs. Again, say what you like about his poor choice of approaches and player requirement but he’s lived and died by these players, shielded and deflected much of the blame and criticism from them, and they’ve not repaid that at all.

Given what he’s given this clubs and some of these players you’d expect them to run through walls for him. Mourinho doesn’t have even half the relationship Wenger should have with his squad yet his players would die for him at times.
They died tonight.

JuanCarlosValeron

What is your favourite memory under Arsène? For me it is the victory at Old Trafford in 98. Manninger in goal, Keown and Adams at the back, Vieira and Petit dominating the midfeld, Overmars causing havoc. We got shafted by the referee as usual (how did we not get a penalty when Curtis brought down Overmars) but still managed to get the win.

The man in the leather jacket going mental. He was also in the champions section in 02. (02:42)

JuanCarlosValeron

One could also include the 2-1 win against Liverpool in 01-02, Andy Gray applauding Robert at Villa Park, that Lauren goal at the Bridge in 03, the FAC win at Old Trafford in 03, (Vieira and Edu masterclass) where that fat **** back from Dubai did his best to ensure that Man Utd got back in the game.

Eduardos two goals at Goodison and the RVP double at Anfield

JuanCarlosValeron

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...emirates-stadium-premier-league-a8335926.html

Excellent article on Wenger's achievements in the Emirates era. It's such a hackneyed opinion from the media that Wenger's reign is divided into two parts; one successful and the other a failure. In reality his reign has had three parts, only the last of which can be considered a failure (despite the silverware). Absolutely does not get enough credit for his work in the austerity era and I'd be very interested to see if Tottenham can maintain their stability now that they're heading into more or less identical circumstances.

It is absurd. Geoff Shreves, the man who makes Richard Keys look like an intellectual, is, when he is not dying his hair blonde, pushing that narrative. The work Arsène did from 06-08 was sensational. He assembled an incredibly talented squad, got us to a Champions League final with a back four consisting of Flamini,Senderos, Kolo and Eboue while playing expansive football. In 07, he signed Bac, Diarra and Edu and competed with two of the best teams the Premier League has ever seen. I firmly believe that we would have won the league that year, if we had had Diarra and Eduardo available for the second part of the season. 08-09 was a disappointing season but we still managed to progress to the semis of the UCL and FAC. In 09-10 AW did extremely well to get so much out of Cesc, with Abou and Song providing a solid base. That 3-1 win against Stoke, where Sol laid down a marker, remains one of my proudest moments as a Gooner. Howard Webb ended our season at St. Andrew when he disallowed Abou´s goal for a shoulder barge. In 10-11, our season ended when Phil Dowd single-handedly got Newcastle back in the game. Two of the softest penalty you´ll ever see, in addition to this he gave a red card to Diaby for pushing Nolan and Barton, and then later cautioned Wojciech for being pushed by Nolan. It was outrageous. The season after, we did extremely well to finish third following an atrocious start to the season. From 13-17, Arsène got us three FA Cups. It is the right time for Arsène to move on, but he deserves the utmost respect for the dignified way in which he has behaved when confronted with biased referees, crass journos and bullies like Ferguson, Hughes, Pardew, Mourinho, Pulis, Brown and O´Neil. There is a reason why AW has always been on good terms with gentlemen such as Pellegrini, Conte, Benitez, Ancelotti, Houlier, Grant and Capello.

If Arsène had not sacrificed his life to win football matches, he would outlive us all.

Last edited:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Excellent find, thank you.

A theme brought up in the article, of Wenger's impact waning just as Arsenal were moving out of their financial strife due to the stadium is quite touching to me.

Here is a man, who made this great club even greater. Guiding us through a difficult financial period, maintaining reasonable competitiveness at the top.

At the time it was painful, like we were going nowhere and would never win something again, but looking back now we are much stronger and ready to rise once again.

I dont think we are as badly off as some of our support wants to make it out to be... in fact, quite the opposite.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

On the bright side, he won trophies in three of his last five seasons here. It's not all bad if you take a step back.

New guy will have a time getting the defense sorted, but some new ideas in attack should allow the players we have there to do well I think.

Yeah that's how it ends for most coaches you live and die by the sword no big deal really . He's had a career 99 percent would kill for .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

What is your favourite memory under Arséne? For me it is the victory at Old Trafford in 98. Manninger in goal, Keown and Adams at the back, Vieira and Petit dominating the midfeld, Overmars causing havoc. We got shafted by the referee as usual (how did we not get a penalty when Curtis brought down Overmars) but still managed to get the win.

The man in the leather jacket going mental. He was also in the champions section in 02. (02:42)

What moment that was ,Overmars was ****in amazing.
LoL funny to see Dixon and co getting done a by a straight ball over the top .

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Is there any talk of a book? Would be one of the most interesting football reads. Albeit I think Wenger is the type of guy to keep that sort of information to himself.

Is there any talk of a book? Would be one of the most interesting football reads. Albeit I think Wenger is the type of guy to keep that sort of information to himself.

I hope he does write a one book and the hide it somewhere, in some place nobody has heard of for 1000 of years, leaving a bunch of clues inspired by Dan Brown books... The book could become a legend, a thing a arsenal families would go on holiday spending the whole holiday searching for!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sky doing a quotes tribute. Love the last one.

The best English teams I played against were built and managed by Arsène Wenger.
Gary Neville

Arsène is an absolute genius.
Charlie Nicholas

Maybe one day people will realise that it's not so easy to stay at the top, as well as facing financial compulsories that you face at that level.
Arsène Wenger

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
Henry, Adebayor, Eduardo, RVP, Giroud, each markes a phase of Wenger ...... Wenger and strikers...thats what he lived for...attack.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
What is your favourite memory under Arséne? For me it is the victory at Old Trafford in 98. Manninger in goal, Keown and Adams at the back, Vieira and Petit dominating the midfeld, Overmars causing havoc. We got shafted by the referee as usual (how did we not get a penalty when Curtis brought down Overmars) but still managed to get the win.

Rather than a favorite memory, I'll go with my favorite Arsène Wenger moment. It wasn't even something good, but what he made of a bad situation. I suppose it wasn't nearly so funny at the time as it is in retrospect.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Rather than a favorite memory, I'll go with my favorite Arséne Wenger moment. It wasn't even something good, but what he made of a bad situation. I suppose it wasn't nearly so funny at the time as it is in retrospect.

Fantastic! :lol: I'd forgotten that. What a man.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom