• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
:lol: Not got him yet , we might still get Allegri or someone .
Allegri isn't coming, he's just another name which was fed to the media by Arsenal PR. There are zero links in Italian newspapers about Allegri to Arsenal.
We are giving Wilshere a new contract, signing a Turkish defender from Bundesliga... You don't do that before hiring a new manager.
I think Arteta has been a done deal for weeks now.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Even if by some miracle Arteta does turn out to be a good manager, you just know this slimey ****er would ditch us at the first chance when Barca comes calling. Just like he ditched us when Pep called and the way he ditched Everton for us.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
**** me....

article-2510848-198EB3A500000578-128_306x423.jpg
1164396_toptease_article_desktop.jpg

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It does seem to be looking like Arteta. @GDeep™ made a very valid comment yesterday. Something like; If Arteta isn't a target, then why hasn't he come out and said he will be at City next season?

Obviously Allegri could still be in the mix but one is going to cost a lot more than the other and want a big war chest. I'll support whoever we get and who knows, Arteta may be a success!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Even if by some miracle Arteta does turn out to be a good manager, you just know this slimey ****er would ditch us at the first chance when Barca comes calling. Just like he ditched us when Pep called and the way he ditched Everton for us.

Tbf we couldn't offer him the same role which Pep offered him and go from Everton to Arsenal is an obvious move to make.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Tbf he stayed at Everton longer than he needed to, pretty loyal really. He's not my choice as manager but if he does come here and does a good job, I wouldn't hate on him for moving to Barca in the future. Our next manager wont be here for 22 years.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Think the 5 stages of grief apply for a lot of people here. Most of you are either at stage 1. Denial or stage 2. Anger. In the past few days for example @Artisan has gone from 1 to 2. I think a handful are now onto stage 3 bargaining while the odd 1 or 2 are even at stage 4. depression and feel apathy now for the whole thing. Fortunately there is a stage 5. and that is acceptance and hopefully it'll lead people to supporting Arteta. Join us at stage 5.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Don't think it's been decided yet. Juve is playing to win the league today, so it would very remarkable if he has found the time this week, or over the past weeks, to come to London and chat with Ivan.

Over the coming weeks Arteta and Allegri will surely have chats with the club as well as their own clubs, but it's too early to say who it will be already.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
A one off investment of £200m is needed from Kroenke. Don’t care who the manager is, this club needs serious money invested to challenge going forward.

Shame there’s more chance of England winning the World Cup.
Moyes had a war chest at United but could attract only Fellaini and Mata
bullied at Chelsea by Mourinho. Arteta will struggle to spend 50m.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Going off of Allegri recently, it’s a rather uninspired choice. If anyone of Klopp, Tuchel or Simeone were available he probably wouldn’t make the shortlist.

Attraction, if it is an issue, wouldn’t be unique to Arteta. There’s only a select few that have that pulling power and Allegri certainly isn’t one.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think the 5 stages of grief apply for a lot of people here. Most of you are either at stage 1. Denial or stage 2. Anger. In the past few days for example @Artisan has gone from 1 to 2. I think a handful are now onto stage 3 bargaining while the odd 1 or 2 are even at stage 4. depression and feel apathy now for the whole thing. Fortunately there is a stage 5. and that is acceptance and hopefully it'll lead people to supporting Arteta. Join us at stage 5.

giphy.gif

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Stage 1 - Wenger is leaving at the end of the season:
7KMk.gif

Stage 2 - The Allegri rumors are fading out:
giphy.gif

Stage 3 - Arteta is the first pick to replace Wenger:
source.gif

Stage 4 - Arteta announced:
3uGzGiy0f9G92.gif

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, soon as he gets a bit of success he’ll get his dream move back to Barca.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Well its been an interesting night on here by looks of it. We hire Arteta we are fvcked imo Ivan and the ranch man are punishing us for driving wenger out. We need 5 players this summer minimum and unless we splash the cash we will be having the same conversation this time next year.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
People need to be realistic now. With the sixth best team in England, Arteta as coach and probably spending the least out of the top six, next season at best is going to be just as bad as this IMO.

If we're gonna fail, at least it will be done differently. Much of the reason the fans lost faith in Wenger wasn't so much the failures but the repetitive nature of them. For now it'll just be exciting to see a new coach and some new players, even if it is an inexperienced one like Arteta. How long that excitement lasts is another matter.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Mate, stop trolling and then going around and accusing and reporting other accounts for doing the same, it's getting tedious. You're going a bit overboard with the Arteta stuff now.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Don't think it's been decided yet. Juve is playing to win the league today, so it would very remarkable if he has found the time this week, or over the past weeks, to come to London and chat with Ivan.

Over the coming weeks Arteta and Allegri will surely have chats with the club as well as their own clubs, but it's too early to say who it will be already.
'Over the coming weeks' :eek:

I don't think most of us can cope with many more coming days, let alone weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom