• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Exactly right, Wenger was never the problem, Kroenke is.
Wenger shielded Kroenke, took all the blows and responsibility for Kroenke like the true gent and professional that he is, because he knew Kroenke will never change his spending habits. And if not me, then who?
I genuinely believe - and this is just my speculative opinion only - that Wenger stayed for so long because he loves Arsenal and could not envisage any other manager doing as good a job as him in that suffocating environment of running a top club on a limited budget, constantly under the expectation that rabbits will be pulled out of hats and sows ears turned into silk purses.
Arsenal's decline will not change until Kroenke is gone.

I agree 100% to your thought except that I think despite all the **** that is going on at our club, mostly due to Kroenke, a new manager has the huge advantage of being new.
New face, new style will lead to new beliefs and new heights irrespective of anything else.

So against all odds, Emery might have success.
Wenger's greatest achievement was to stay at such a high level for so long without the ability to counteract the unstoppable demise, that is connected with having the same faces at the club for too long, by changing the squad with huge investments.

There's more than one reason for Pep not to stay for too long at a club. It might be due to exhaustion but certainly also because he's aware that it becomes harder by the years to motivate the same team over and over again with the same methods and style.

I truely believe the sole change of manager, irrespective of the guy, will make the team go to new heights. That's the first thing clubs do, if the team is on a downward spiral.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Seriously though, we have Özil in the squad and Emery says he wants to build the team around Ramsey? WTF.....

Well Wenger tried and failed at that. Ramsey being a central figure with the captaincy might work out for all parties. It is certainly interesting and I do not see anybody else worth the Captain's armband in this squad as of now.

I agree 100% to your thought except that I think despite all the **** that is going on at our club, mostly due to Kroenke, a new manager has the huge advantage of being new.
New face, new style will lead to new beliefs and new heights irrespective of anything else.

So against all odds, Emery might have success.
Wenger's greatest achievement was to stay at such a high level for so long without the ability to counteract the unstoppable demise, that is connected with having the same faces at the club for too long, by changing the squad with huge investments.

There's more than one reason for Pep not to stay for too long at a club. It might be due to exhaustion but certainly also because he's aware that it becomes harder by the years to motivate the same team over and over again with the same methods and style.

I truely believe the sole change of manager, irrespective of the guy, will make the team go to new heights. That's the first thing clubs do, if the team is on a downward spiral.
Good points. As a gooner, I really hope you are right!
Time well tell.

Sammy1887

There is a lot of talent that is right,

but we still need LB, 2 x CB, 1 CM, GK into our first team. That is almost half of the starting team we need upgrade on. In a world cup year, with short transfer window I would personally write off the first year as it would just be development stage for the new training and tactics methods to kick in.

Then he would only have 1 year to prove his worth.

Have some faith mate, you are being overly negative. Let the season begin and we'll see where we are. Emery is certainly a much better option than Arteta as of now.

thierrytheking14

Exactly right, Wenger was never the problem, Kroenke is.
Wenger shielded Kroenke, took all the blows and responsibility for Kroenke like the true gent and professional that he is, because he knew Kroenke will never change his spending habits. And if not me, then who?
I genuinely believe - and this is just my speculative opinion only - that Wenger stayed for so long because he loves Arsenal and could not envisage any other manager doing as good a job as him in that suffocating environment of running a top club on a limited budget, constantly under the expectation that rabbits will be pulled out of hats and sows ears turned into silk purses.
Arsenal's decline will not change until Kroenke is gone.
You lost me after your first sentence.

Have some faith mate, you are being overly negative. Let the season begin and we'll see where we are. Emery is certainly a much better option than Arteta as of now.
Agree, I have yet to be convinced about Emery, but let's support the new guy, give him some time, back him, have some faith and wait and see.
Read about Emery on other reputable media, not just on here. A lot of of ex players are very positive about him and his strengths.
I am old enough to remember the furore when Wenger first arrived! I was very negative about the appointment of this non-footballer looking type from a club in Japan I'd never heard of. As was every one else!
IN UNAI WE TRUST

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It's funny how most of the fans from our rivals are saying we have the worst manager out of the top 6.

Do they realise how much that ****bag Mourinho has declined and the fans have turned on him?

Do they realise that Mauricio Botller(ttino) is all hype but no trophies?

Do they realise that Antonio "nutcase" Conte has lost the plot and is on edge?

That leaves Pep & Klopp who are currently in the limelight.

It's easy for our rivals to look down at Emery as they're just basing it on his stint at PSG. I hope he does well so he kicks them all in the nuts.

Preacher

Always Crying
Carcedo was given a two-match touchline suspension in January, while working as assistant to Emery at Paris Saint-Germain, after being sent to the stands in a game against Nantes. He was also sent from the touchline while the pair were at Sevilla and served a ban.

French sources have claimed that Carcedo was disliked by a number of PSG players and accused him of ‘lacking warmth’, which may be a shock to the Arsenal squad.

I already like Emery's right hand man.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Because he won't be dropped. You can bench Mkhitaryan, you don't bench Özil. I think he'll look to have both strikers in the front 3 and then one other. I think he'll prioritise having 3 midfielders so there won't be room for Mkhitaryan. He'd fit in a 4-2-3-1 but i don't think he'll play that. I could be completely wrong, just speculating.
Theres no doubt one of Özil,Ramsey,Mkhy needs to be dropped to obtain balance. Unless we wanna play 4231 and sign an actual CDM to partner Ramsey

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
It's funny how most of the fans from our rivals are saying we have the worst manager out of the top 6.

Do they realise how much that ****bag Mourinho has declined and the fans have turned on him?

It's easy for our rivals to look down at Emery as they're just basing it on his stint at PSG. I hope he does well so he kicks them all in the nuts.

Im sure a lot of the Manure fans would like to replace the sociopath with Emery.

Sammy1887

Carcedo was given a two-match touchline suspension in January, while working as assistant to Emery at Paris Saint-Germain, after being sent to the stands in a game against Nantes. He was also sent from the touchline while the pair were at Sevilla and served a ban.

French sources have claimed that Carcedo was disliked by a number of PSG players and accused him of ‘lacking warmth’, which may be a shock to the Arsenal squad.

I already like Emery's right hand man.

Imagine Iwobi coming late to a training session and facing this guy..I'm already sold on Emery and his staff. Fun times!!

say yes

forum master baiter
Surprised that there is so much debate over how Emery will set-up - I thought that he was pretty much a 4231 dogmatist?

As in, one of the reasons he struggled at PSG was that their players insisted on playing a 433 which forced him to move away from his preferred style.

When you consider we’ve got a player as gifted as Özil for that 10 role then I’d suggest his preferred formation will be a no-brainer.

Mkhitaryan also looks like a great fit for one of the wide forward roles. Main question for me seems to be whether Laca misses out up front or whether Emery continues to shunt Auba out wide.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Looking at the 'no' votes it seems some of Wenger's biggest fans are still struggling to cope with the fact the he's gone and we might actually improve now.

Give them time.
It's confusing, because it wasn't long ago that the unity among fans was top priority, no matter who managed us. We were to get behind the manager etc for the sake of the team, even when we were finishing 6th. They were kidding no-one. They're now the ones stood grinning with knives hidden behind their backs. WOBs could easily build a case for being negative... Not sure how these bitter Wenger loyalists would go about it.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Are people really saying that?

Chelsea pretty much have no manager, Mourinho wont be there long at Utd either and as you said has declined massively, his attitude is awful as well, its like he's given up and is just half assing it for a payday.

Poch is no different to Emery, Emery could do Poch's job if you were to give him it right now, 30goal striker makes the job easier.

Klopp and Pep fair play, cant exactly knock the media fan boys right now.

I'd even go as far too say that Chelsea, Utd fans both want new managers, Tottenham will run out of patience with him like they did Harry Redknapp if they drop off a bit and he will walk into a better job, abroad with less competition, Poch is also starting to rumble and if he doesnt get his way this summer may start to drift away from them.

The next clubs around us are Everton - no manager and Leicester who were close to no manager.

Burnley will struggle next season with EL and bore teams to death.

Even as far down to 10th place - Rafa dont appear to want to be at Newcastle :lol:

Apart from Liverpool and City every other manager in the league is pretty average or wanting out, Poch is ok but nothing great at present due to lack of trophies with Kane in the squad so just 'doing alright'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom