• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Bro, seriously? Most top coaches? Any quote to support this?...Would love to hear Pep, Zidane or other top managers about Ramsey....:)
A top player.. how many top clubs are chasing him? The dude had a great season years ago and had a decent one in 18. We really tend to overate our players!

I dont know what a top player is but i do know that Ramsey deserves more credit from the Arsenal fans.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
It's kind of gross that some have their knives out for the guy before he's even been unveiled. For example the chief Wenger sycophant's brilliant logic:
Emery not winning the league over a once in a generation group of talent at Monaco so special that a handful of them fetched nearly 300 million in transfer fees in a single summer=failure.
BUT
Wenger failing to win the title in a year when Leicester were the only competition because he couldn't beat Man United's children or Ronald Koeman's Shane Long led Southampton= rousing success we should have followed to the ends of the earth because "squad cost". All this mind you while ignoring Leicester's squad cost, Tottenham's squad cost and the manager wasting 80m in a single summer on Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez who never played.

It's fine to be apprehensive about Emery but it seems to me that a person unwilling to give a fair shot to the new manager out of some kind of perverse loyalty to the old manager is not a supporter of this club at all and should probably bugger off with Wenger to his next job(if/when he gets one).
Ignore button mate. I already use it for some on here who's sole purpose is to wind people up and would argue the same inane point until blue in the face to do so. Whatever their true intentions/reasons you can only back a manager for so long when they are damaging the club and still claim to support it imo as surely the club comes first.
Onwards and upwards anyway with a new manager who has won 3 european trophies. Fantastic. Thats even more than George Graham!

AVENTUS

Potch is a good coach no doubt but not worthy of a mention for any big club.

Sp**s have an excellent squad let’s be realistic and his clearly underachieving they should be doing a lot more. CL and FA cups results prove his a bottler.

Man Utd and Juventus were there for the taking..

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Bro, seriously? Most top coaches? Any quote to support this?...Would love to hear Pep, Zidane or other top managers about Ramsey....:)
A top player.. how many top clubs are chasing him? The dude had a great season years ago and had a decent one in 18. We really tend to overate our players!
Ramsey didn't suit Wenger's playstyle at all. Lets see him in a new system.

Theres much worse players in our squad getting too much gametime e.g. elneny xhaka cech mustafi iwobi

carlito'sway

Established Member
The so called failure (7 titles of 10 possible) wasnt solely Emerys responsibility.

Mate, I never said it was solely his responsibility but the buc stops with him, period!
I watch L1 closely and I can't say I have been particularly impressed by Emery's squad and game management. He basically lost the squad half way thru his first season.
I just hope he has learned from his experience and he will be a better manager because of that.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Seems like @Makingtrax is the leader of the #EmeryOut campaign.

The irony is beautiful.
Can’t hide the fact that the appointment is double meh. He wasn’t on my list.

But once he comes I’m right behind him. He’s made mistakes and he’s never beaten money, and it looks like he’ll get **** all budget. He needs all the help he can get.

That’s what being a supporter is all about. Undermining the team and whinging like a baby at every loss is for WOBs.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wenger loved him, but then Wenger was ****ing clueless, so you're probably right after all.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
And enough of this 'building the team around' cliched meaningless dung. It doesn't happen, it's never happened and it never ever will happen. No manager has ever 'built the team' around any individual ever.

AVENTUS

And enough of this 'building the team around' cliched meaningless dung. It doesn't happen, it's never happened and it never ever will happen. No manager has ever 'built the team' around any individual ever.

170px-Leo_messi_barce_2005.jpg

He has ok Barcelona’s signings

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Ramsey is very very replaceable. Good player but that’s as far as I’ll go.. he’ll sign new deal no doubt.

Sanchez hated him with a passion
That the Sanchez who has set the premier league alight in the run-in?

I doubt whether we will be able to replace Ramsey with a player of equal merit for less than what we get from selling him.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
From the bottom of my heart, Welcome Emery. You have my full support from the get go. Not the same love I have for Wenger (I doubt id love anyone more other than my immediate family) but I really do hope you do well with us.

Realistic expectation is top 4. Let's start with that. On that note, I truly do wish Wenger retired after his FA cup win, would have had one of the most immaculate records. 20 years of top 4.

Edit: if reports of Emery putting Ramsey as the first name on the team sheet, I am honestly happy with that. Though I have my issues with Ramsey, his hunger is something we need to build on. Wilshere may have more talent but Ramsey is a lot further ahead right now.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Firstly im not taking anything away from Wenger... I just think his last period as an Arsenal manager was quite poor. And secondly you're copletely taking the discussion and teleporting it somewhere else with than Denilson point.. it was a different league back then. Sp**s and Liverpool were jokes in the league back then. Wenger getting top4 for so long is great and all... but we're a top club no? You think we should have the same aspirations as Sp**s..?

I disagree when you say that Tottenham was their natural self before Pochettino. Redknapp established them as a top 5 club 2010. They actually reached the top 4 twice between 2010 and 2014 (when Pochettino arrived). Yes, they finished 6th 13-14 but that gave them a place in Europe and the 5th team was only three points ahead of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom