• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | August 18, 2018 17:30 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Mkhi benched? What game did you watch? He was one of our best players
rewatch the game and all the tracking back he either didnt do or did too late. actually, first 15 min of the match tells you all, I would have subed him right then

blaze_of_glory

Cech look decent today. And kepa look more like 10M keeper.

Look man city with pep lost heavily in some of thier games in his 1st season it took him a season and too much money to build so we'll likely need much more time so the fans need to be supportive
Klopp had about 18 months of **** at Liverpool as well. Looked no better than Rogers until last season, and even then if it weren't for their CL run they would have hardly been anything to talk about.

el_gibor

Think you also have to figure that Hazard came on for Chelsea and just added another dimension to their attack.

We always used to complain that Wenger would take too long to make changes lol.

And which one of our players showed some leadership and bottle and done anything about it?

The little prick came on and had the freedom of the park. Waltzing past players like he’s playing over the park. I don’t know about you lot but if that was me in that situation I’d be thinking as soon as that little ferret comes on I’m going to be on him like a ****ing rash.
What he thinks he’s coming to decide the game???! I’m going to bully that little bastard so bad he’s not going to want the ball anywhere near him. Instead you have wankers like Lacazette ****ting themselves and passing him the ball. Not one of our players put in a heavy challenge just to let him know they’re on his arse.

It was a disgrace.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Not my cup of tea I'm afraid.:lol: Zatanna is more my speed. But honestly there's no sense in getting upset this early in the season. It's not like we pulled this against Exeter and MK Dons. Hopefully with easier opponents we can refine our game and be in better shape against the bigger opponents when next we face them.
I've been fawning over comics about you since I was young but it is truly an honour and a privilege to have you, as a true gooner, post among us mere mortals.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
We do . Can we please stop with Ramsey as a no 10 ffs . Ramsey is a two way running machine which is what makes him lethal tackling and late runs all day but he can't play with his back to goal , control possession etc.

Playing Ramsey as a 10 is useless, doesn't have the close control, technique or "back to the goal" game to excel in that role, plus it negates all his plus points.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Defending rather than defence. There are players in this team who get away with murder.
You right there just too many mistakes from some players like Bellerin with his awful positioning passing and mustafi with his bad marking and ball watching.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

This team lacks fitness and physicality. While some of it will get better with more games, it is bound to hit a ceiling at some point. We might need to get pretty busy in January.

Gotta feel for Emery though. Toughest start in the league and then your star players end up missing sitters. Probably tearing his hair out in the dressing room.

This is what I've noticed as well. We looked physically inferior to both City and Chelsea.

progman07

Established Member
Xhaka as poor as he was in the first half of the 1H completely took over the midfield in the last 25 wminutes. We lost control of the midfield again when he went off.

I'm starting to wonder whether Emery has to ditch Özil in these games because he's not giving us enough offensively to justify losing the midfield battle.

As soon as we starting beating better sides in the middle, we will become a force again.
I don't believe we lost the control because Xhaka went off - Chelsea was always going to dominate, which they did in the first 20 minutes. They just have a better midfield.
Think that was more to do with them bringing Kovacic and Hazard on than Xhaka going off. Probably would have been even worse with him on the pitch, at least Torreira puts a foot in.
This. We suffered in the first 20 minutes as well. We had a good end to the first half, but I don't think Xhaka had anything to do with it honestly.

However I was really satisfied with Guendouzi - he has shown character in the first two games, always in the game, always mobile and shows for the ball - he can form a quality midfield two with Torreira.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Taking Özil off wasn't a silly idea, but sticking Ramsey up top instead was. I just don't see the point in it, Emery saw against City it wasn't very effective and it didn't suit the situation we were in in the game.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Haven't we been one of the fittest teams in europe for years now? Pretty sure I read stats about that some time ago, will see if I can find it again..

We were , we scored the most last goals per game one season .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom