• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Everton | September 23rd | KO: 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Wins keep coming but there's still a lot of room for improvement. But we'll get there. Our attacking game is quite fluid already and pressing is slowly improving.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Our performance need to improve in start of games since emery take the job we been slow starters

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If Auba hadn’t bailed him out, it would’ve been a much more difficult end to the game trying to protect a 1-0 lead.
How would you know we don’t score another one? Really suspect how you guys go out of your way with the if’s and but’s and maybe’s. Why not enjoy the win?

Gooner_girl14

Cech was fantastic, MOTM for sure. Torreira starts and we get our first clean sheet. Coincidence? I think not! He looks to just give us more assurance and he plugs those holes between midfield and defence. We were lucky with the second goal as it really took the wind out of Everton. And that's 2 thundering finishes from Laca now. Overall, not wholly convincing but 4 wins in a row, a clean sheet and back in the top 6. We can only get better.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A horrible performance for the most part but a clean sheet that Cech won almost single handed. A good shift by Laca in particular up front. Torreira in terms of presence was good but his passing was sub par. I'm pleased he kept his head after the yellow and this 90 minutes will be great for his fitness. Everyone else was just okay but there were too many times when a physical effort wasn't made. A burst of pace to intercept or retrieve possession would have made a difference at times. It's all about the points atm and we shouldn't write off our top four chances too early but I'd like to see a bit more cohesion in our game.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Glad with the win, we really fought well in second half.

Laca with a MOTM performance, what a fantastic goal.

I love those goals and the camera angles like this.
The way a player opens his body and curls the ball while you know it's going in right at the spiders nest.

Phenomenal.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Dark Helmet - MOTM, gloves down
Bellerin - was good for the first time in a long time and so was his crossing
Laca - not great in the first half, but he burried it with a disgusting finish and launched the counter for our second, even though the flag should have been raised for an offside on Auba
Xhaka - sloppy in possession and needs to quit with the fantasy passes
Torreira - pretty good, but also a bit sloppy at times
Ramsey & Özil - lost possession at times, but they played their part in both goals

Overall, it was a decent performance (especially in the second half)with more fluency to our game, but still sloppy and Everton could have spanked us in the first half with the chances they had.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
This is as bad a game I've seen Özil play for us. And that's coming from one of his biggest fans. Bad decision making, bottled that counter like he did against Man City at home. Ducked out of a few challenges as well. He really doesn't help his cause sometimes. Very disappointed with him.

CanadianGooner1608

This is our first clean sheet, and fourth victory in a row in the PL.
There is nothing to be mad about here, I'll just take that result and enjoy the fact we just passed Utd in the table, while being level with Sp**s.

Today is a good day, let's enjoy it!

Reactions: Jae

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Cech was fantastic, MOTM for sure. Torreira starts and we get our first clean sheet. Coincidence? I think not! He looks to just give us more assurance and he plugs those holes between midfield and defence. We were lucky with the second goal as it really took the wind out of Everton. And that's 2 thundering finishes from Laca now. Overall, not wholly convincing but 4 wins in a row, a clean sheet and back in the top 6. We can only get better.
Where I think he really helps a lot is in dropping back between the CBs when we're building up. He makes the possession during that phase a bit less chaotic. I think by the end of the year we'll see him and Douzi together regularly and hopefully a much more fluid build up.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
How would you know we don’t score another one? Really suspect how you guys go out of your way with the if’s and but’s and maybe’s. Why not enjoy the win?
We’re not going out of way. It’s not unreasonable to think Özil could have shot there instead of passing the buck to Ramsey, we got away with it today but if you’re doing hypotheticals then Everton could have equalised to get a 1-1 result as well.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
In fairness to the moaning, whinging, sanctimonious little ****s on this forum the first half was pretty ****. At this stage of the game though, not everything will be perfect. Results will do and a clean sheet is another step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom