• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Tottenham | Sunday December 2, 2018 | 14:05 GMT | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 56 69.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Tottenham win

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • This is a fantastic match thread

Votes: 12 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
On the subject of our fans I thought they were magnificent today. This made me laugh though
That shook me aswell... I thought the rain had turned red...

I am loving this new spirit in the fans. Went to two games this year and that atmosphere is irreplaceable. Working towards a season ticket... If I was there today... I would have ascended to heaven in joy.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐
Trusted ⭐

https://www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/p/chat-****-get-banged/

Forward : Eric Dier

Cc : Entire Sp*rs Club + deluded toxic fanbase

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Were there any besides Holding and Bellerin?:lol:

Btw Bellerin still gets on my nerves a bit. He's definitely gotten better than his dodgiest of forms, probably 'cause he's been getting positions hammered into his head by the coaching staff, but my god he's lacking spacial awareness and awareness of what's going on around him in terms of play - he definitely hasn't the best football brain. And I feel he's one of the softer ones in the squad, he seems to get easily distracted and caught up with things. Like when he blindly cleared/passed that late ball on his side straight to a Tottenham player, he got into it himself iirc and it was cleared to a corner, but he instantly turned away and started complaining to someone they hadn't come deeper to receive his weird pass and he went on an on until Ramsey came up next to him and seemingly gestured to him to calm down and get into position to defend the corner.

That said, even with his clear downsides, if he keeps on playing at this level he's solid enough.
Often agree with you on a lot but I vehemently disagree on the Bellerin analysis. Bellerin of last season yes, in fact the whole team last season left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths - at least those who felt the players simply weren't trying hard enough and it's not just Wengers fault.

This season Bellerin has improved significantly. You're not one to cover all bases i.e. covering both sides to deter criticism so I will ignore the last bit about him being solid. The side of our game where we have individual lapses in concentration is not one that is easy to overcome, nevertheless Bellerin has been a lot more focused and commited in defending than he was last season. Remember the Bellerin that broke into the team, running back to make goal line clearences and injuring himself in the process? The Bellerin that had the aggression when marking his man, as the famous English saying... he "stuck a foot in". The Bellerin that could cross effectively? That is, to me all coming back. He was a lot more aggressive, a lot more vocal (though at times uneeded) and the commitment was there to be seen. The focus was there to be seen and the desire to both defend and attack is what a great fullback is made of.

Clearly Emery's methods have had a significant effect on our players and a lot of players are benefiting a lot from this. Bellerin is one of them.

He has great special awareness - as was shown in his breakout season it's simply something that is being worked on. Look at his chance for goal at 1-0. He is more than solid at the moment.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

That shook me aswell... I thought the rain had turned red...

I am loving this new spirit in the fans. Went to two games this year and that atmosphere is irreplaceable. Working towards a season ticket... If I was there today... I would have ascended to heaven in joy.

Haven't made it down this season so far what with work commitments :(. Just checked what number I am on the season ticket waiting list and it looks like I'll be dead before that happens as I'm rocking in at number 42,672!

Manberg

Predator
Nothing better than thrashing the **** from next door. We must repeat this performance in the cup game in a few weeks. They'll be after revenge and we mustn't let them.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
"Tottenham fan was arrested today on racism allegations after a banana skin was thrown at Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang after he scored the opener for Arsenal in today's match. Tottenham fan was quickly identified by the stewards and police arrested him on the spot"

****ing ****

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

**** me, what a game, what a performance. Auba certainly showed what he can do in the big games anyways. Torreira was an absolute animal today. But **** me Kolasinac put in the performance of his life (tho tbf to him he was great in last years home NLD too) and all 3 of our CB's were pretty good at dealing with Kane. Ramsey was absolutely magnificent when he came on the pitch, arguably changed the game after the lull of going 2-1 behind.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Haven't made it down this season so far what with work commitments :(. Just checked what number I am on the season ticket waiting list and it looks like I'll be dead before that happens as I'm rocking in at number 42,672!
There are people selling their tickets... Not sure how legal that is. Ive got one lined up from someone moving abroad.

Never had my ID checked going there so doubt it would be a problem.

Fallout

i haven't seen us batter an opponent so hard in the duels. very, very impressed with our physicality.

aside from the usual top performers, i thought ramsey deserves special praise. i dont rate him, but today he played an amazing match. still not worth 200k, but if we can settle for something more reasonable then why not. he brought us a spark that we were clearly missing.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I haven't seen Tottenham being outplayed that much in the league this year tbf.
And Kane & Alli being so quiet.

Son is the only one who was dangerous.

Very good game

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The atmosphere was thunderous, the reaction from the players was immense. There was fire and fight there when we would have been feeling sorry for ourselves in the past. There honestly seems like there's a changing of mentality going on, soon teams are gonna be really dreading facing us where in the past they'd have relished the chance of giving us an uncomfortable game.

ptrcopp

What I really liked was Emery’s performance today.

He got it right from the first whistle today. We were direct. When the the ball was always being aimed at the front theee within seconds of the ball being won back, I especially noticed this from Xhaka and Kola - Iwobi was in the game because of those two.

However, when Sp**s has a couple of chances Emery was on the sideline demanding patience, and ultimately a possession based game. This took out the three forward and meant the central defenders were under a lot of pressure to keep recycling the ball. In turn this allowed Sp**s to gain confidence by pressing us, and winning a couple of sloppy balls. Then their goals came.

We continued to look like this until 50 min when it was changed again. Then our goals came. It was no surprise because we were dangerous playing a direct game in the first 20.

I like this about Emery. If he changes it and gets it wrong he isn’t afraid to change it again. He did the same a couple of weeks ago when he took off Iwobi and brought on Guen. In that game we looked suddenly flat and kept passing it sideways. He rectified that by subbing on Ramsey

A great performance all round. And I think these things will turn out to be experiments that allow him to see what each player brings and what different tactics look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom