• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Southampton vs Arsenal | December 16, 2018 13:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Southampton win

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Arsenal win

Votes: 31 70.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Also the need for a CB is overstated imo, we’re inviting all the pressure on to us by not having enough quality in midfield and out wide.
We should only be signing CBs if we're selling some. We don't have enough press-resistance and speed in midfield - it's OK but could be better. Think actually playing AMN there would suffice but they seem resigned on him being a winger so maybe the links to Aouar are legit.

With the wide players, Emery has two choices: blood the kids (Saka/Smith-Rowe etc) or sign a winger in January. We need fresh and missing vital ingredients. Mhkitaryan and Iwobi are too one-paced and don't possess enough dynamism IMO.

Gunner140

This was a terrible defensive performance, right out of Wenger's last season, with Koscielny commanding the mistakes. He is clearly not ready, as this defeat was so avoidable.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Looks bellerin going to be out for few weeks according to emery that's mean AMN will get his chance

Manberg

Predator
It’s not a stupid idea to have extra cover when your main defenders are missing. Emery is an experienced pro. And a dam good one.

It is a bad idea when the "cover" can't play CB.
Why not switch formation? The best defence is a good attack, if we keep the ball in their half they don't threaten us.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

If we had won today it would have been our best start in the history of the Premier league and we still would be sat in 5th place. We have improved no doubt about it. The EL is our way into the CL only 2-3 teams could turn us over.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

What are you basing that on?!

His potential. I’m basing that on what I’ve seen of Sancho & Lookman.

Sancho is quality but Lookman can be world class with the right manager and club. Lookman was brilliant at Leipzig.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
With the wide players, Emery has two choices: blood the kids (Saka/Smith-Rowe etc) or sign a winger in January. We need fresh and missing vital ingredients. Mhkitaryan and Iwobi are too one-paced and don't possess enough dynamism IMO.
The good thing is they can't do any worse than our current options. If it's OK with the manager that Iwobi loses every ball in the attack than I don't mind Saka trying the same thing (or someone else), it can only be better than zero from Iwobi. Same goes for Mkhi, I'm fairly sure that ESR can hit occasional goal and pass the ball around, probably better than Mkhi is doing it here.

HBL

Established Member
His potential. I’m basing that on what I’ve seen of Sancho & Lookman.

Sancho is quality but Lookman can be world class with the right manager and club. Lookman was brilliant at Leipzig too.
Sancho has been phenomenal though and he is 3 years younger, Lookman has potential but Sancho is already performing at an elite level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom