• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | December 29th | KO: 17:30 | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It's a joke, people calling for Emery's head after 20 games are delusional. I mean just look at the squad we had with us today, it was poverty. Emery needs at least another two transfer windows.

I think it’s only the truly deeply certifiably demented that are calling for Emery’s head at this stage. Unfortunately they can be quite vocal. If you look at the voting in Emery’s 1/2 season thread the scores look absolutely fine.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Our defence needs a complete overhaul. We should stop this **** with saying we’ve got players like Koscielny etc coming back.

Koscielny, Monreal, Cech etc have all past it. We need to replace them adequately.

Quality > Experience

boyinneedofhumor

To sum the game. There was no attack so defence took all the beating and thus the result.
I actually think had we not leaked 3 after leading, we could have possibly sneaked a 2nd (lead) on the counter and the game might have developed another way... for me that's the infuriating part.

Malky

Established Member
Still get a feeling we'll bring in Cahill on loan for the season, but we won't sign one in the summer because we'll pin our hopes on Holding next season. The club will see Holding, Sokratis and Mustafi as enough, we'll likely just get a prospect in - as a 4rth choice.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm interested to see Unai if he gonna hide his frustration at our defense or blame them

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Go and buy Koulibaly for 100m now. That will be the only consolation for this shambolic display. Though he will have huge doubts over joining us. Never happening I know.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Might be skewed due to recent memory but this last few weeks genuinely feels like the worst defence we’ve ever had.

3 of our first choice 4 out but still...

Was probably our worse sequence in living memory . At least before Kevin Davies or Drogba used to muscle off the ball , this was sheer Sunday League .

Last edited:

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Iwobi was better than I expected. Torreira worse. Arsenal was as I expected. Nothing more to say.

Hope Emery learns and we won't get this again next year. If we continue this crap they might start singing "it's happened again" ffs.

Oh yeah. Send this week's wages to Rwanda or something. With Lichtsteiner.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
We always struggle to defend against teams who have wide pitches for some reason. This comes down to organisation and drilling. Any time we play against a team with a wide pitch ie Liverpool, Barcelona, Man Utd, we struggle defensively.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Exactly mate. Liverpool were very clever in how they behaved in the transfer market past 2-3 years. Whole world knew their defense and gk were their weak points. Instead of getting marginal upgrades they waited and spent that money on quality that significantly improved their team.

Im worried we have limited funds, and that we will continue to sign sub standard players (e.g. currently linked with Cahill and Banega). Additionally it is criminal we have allowed Alexis, Ramsey, Welbeck to leave for basically nothing. A shambles all round.

Those 3 could've been £100m to reinvest in the team if we had handled their conracts better or in the case of Welbeck sold him sooner.

Yep.

We were sitting on £220M+ in cash the season we signed Özil. Özil should have been supplemented with another two elite players in that window.

Instead we sat on our cash and watched its worth slash in half due to transfer price inflation, rather than buying players (assets) with high resale values.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think it’s only the truly deeply certifiably demented that are calling for Emery’s head at this stage. Unfortunately they can be quite vocal. If you look at the voting in Emery’s 1/2 season thread the scores look absolutely fine.

This is a freak result in my opinion, definitely with the work Emery puts in on the training ground and have done with his former teams.

That said, we have to look at Emery's work over the half season, and it suggests that even when things get better it doesnt seem enough to give us a consistent chance of getting back to the big table.

Emery's job is to get us back in the CL spots, thereafter we need an upgrade, and some financial backing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom