• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | December 29th | KO: 17:30 | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamed7

Call me obsessed but I blame Arsène Wenger for this and whatever else that happens this season.

He had ruined this team so much so it would take seasons before we could be decent again. We need at least another three seasons with good spending and spotting quality players.

One mistake Klopp did in his development was he started in the attack. We should first focus on the defense as we are capable of scoring goals even with AMN against a team who has only conceded 7 prior goals.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Still get a feeling we'll bring in Cahill on loan for the season, but we won't sign one in the summer because we'll pin our hopes on Holding next season. The club will see Holding, Sokratis and Mustafi as enough, we'll likely just get a prospect in - as a 4rth choice.
If they did that after we just conceced 30 goals in half season then all at club need thier head checked we need to get some good defenders

Gooner_girl14

I don't think either were penalties. Certainly Laca's pen claim seemed more of a pen than the other two to me. From that perspective the scoreline flatters Liverpool a bit.

Really? I think the 2nd was a bit soft but you push a player in the back, even slightly, and they will go down. Silly from Sead.
As for Sokratis..very disappointed he thought he needed to nibble at Salah's ankles from behind when others were arriving, the angle was closing in and Leno looked to have it covered. Not to mention, we were a couple of minutes away from half time.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I still think this transfer window, we should target a wide player who has a knack for scoring goals. Banega shouldn’t be the priority.

Besides Auba & Laca, we don’t have goal in this side.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
His handling of the Özil and Ramsey contract situations definitely put Emery in a tough situation.

Emery's handling of Özil and Ramsey put Emery in a tough situation.

You try to make a team out of the best players you have at your disposal at the moment then change things when you can in the summer/January. You don't freeze them out and try to build a team around inferior players in the interim

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Watch City get frustrated by Southampton tomorrow.

This result will surely have demoralized them & heavily piled the pressure for them to respond positively.

They've been the chasing team before but this is a far cry from the 2013-2014 Liverpool that hemorrhaged goals at an astonishing rate.

Last edited:

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
just poured my first glass of Angostura rum to reflect on this defeat. I really might finish the bottle at this rate cos that defeat was brutal. Going forward, we really do need to play with a 3rd midfielder as I just don't think we can control games in midfield against the 'top six' sides. We didn't win enough 2nd balls. Having Banega should allow us to control games in midfield more as he distributes and holds on to the ball under pressure well. We lacked agression too and just were not hungry enough.

HBL

Established Member
I still think this transfer window, we should target a wide player who has a knack for scoring goals. Banega shouldn’t be the priority.

Besides Auba & Laca, we don’t have goal in this side.
CB, winger, cm in that order.

We should only sign players if they actually improves us. Cahill can piss off tbh.

Banega improves us though.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Watch City get frustrated by Southampton tomorrow.

This result will surely have demoralized them & heavily piled the pressure for them to respond positively.

They've been the chasing team before but this is a far cry from tje 2013-2014 Liverpool that hemorrhaged goals at an astonishing rate.

Liverpool in driving seat,if they avoid lost at Etihad.

Gooner_girl14

5-1 is still a very harsh scoreline.

Whatever let's move on, someone make the Fulham thread.
Not surprising though. We were gifting them chances and penalties all over the place, and Liverpool's forwards barely had to try. I didn't expect to win this with so many out injured but I wanted to see some signs perhaps of Emery adequately organising a defence. Sadly, he looked just as inept as Wenger did in this regard at least on this showing.

Alkane

Yep.

We were sitting on £220M+ in cash the season we signed Özil. Özil should have been supplemented with another two elite players in that window.

Instead we sat on our cash and watched its worth slash in half due to transfer price inflation, rather than buying players (assets) with high resale values.

Bang on. Management of the clubs' finances has been utterly useless past 5 years. We were in a position of strength with those said cash reserves, managed to spunk the majority on very average signings whilst letting our highest value assets leave for peanuts. Looking at the squad today, I think we need 4 first team players, nevermind a couple more signings for options off the bench.

Leno
Bellerin - Holding - signing - signing
Torreira- signing
signing- Özil - Aubameyang
Lacazette​

On top of that imo we'd still need a backup CDM to replace torreira, another winger (Nelson could suffice), backup RB, and at least one backup forward. Maybe another CM/CAM too.

Add to the mix Cech, Welbeck,Lichsteiner, Ramsey, Monreal are all off end of the season , safe to say our team is a proper mess

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Emery's handling of Özil and Ramsey put Emery in a tough situation.

You try to make a team out of the best players you have at your disposal at the moment then change things when you can in the summer/January. You don't freeze them out and try to build a team around inferior players in the interim
Wenger gave Emery a hospital ball when it came to those two players. The fact that Özil's omission is a problem due to his wages is on Wenger for paying over the odds in desperation. He showed no urgency in getting him tied down early and left it to a point where this contract is now an albatross around our necks. Ramsey should also never have been allowed to run his deal down.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

To be fair to Emery, in the big games thus far there's been a noticeable improvement to our overall competitiveness.

Didn't we go something like 3 seasons without scoring a goal at Stamford Bridge? We looked dangerous against City at home, we smashed Sp**s, was disappointed not to beat Liverpool at home and even today looked like we could make things happen once we got into advanced areas until we pressed the self destruct button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom