• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I like Özil mate, I've made no secret about it, in fact I've been very complimentary at times.

The only thing I'll say is you can offer praise AND criticism, it's not just one or the other. The reason people are calling you a fanboy is because you refuse to say anything bad about him. Your posts are riddled with bias.
That's not true, I can offer some criticism too.

I wish he would shoot more because he has great technique and should be able to contribute more goals. I was glad he shot and scored himself against bournemouth because I thought he would pass it to Auba for a tap-in. That's what he would normally do I think.

Yeah. :D

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If you expect him to turn a game on its head in 20 minutes you just have unrealistic expectations..
Nobody expected anything. Nobody ever does. This is not even about attacking him for his 20 minute contribution, because slating a player for not managing to impact a game in 20 minutes would be quite harsh, even if they were Lionel Messi. It's just these pathetic safety nets people keep creating, like 'he never does anything from the bench anyway so we shouldn't expect it... He has to start games to have an impact'.

Honestly, what a load of convenient cack?

Oh_Snap

It's just these pathetic safety nets people keep creating, like 'he never does anything from the bench anyway so we shouldn't expect it... He has to start games to have an impact'. Honestly, what a load of convenient cack?
Its not to defend him its a more a statement of how things currently are. I'm sure he'll overcome this if he has to help from the bench more often. Just currently it is -what i think- an unusual situtation for him so i'm not surprised that the big impact from the bench is missing so far.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Its not to defend him its a more a statement of how things currently are. I'm sure he'll overcome this if he has to help from the bench more often. Just currently it is -what i think- an unusual situtation for him so i'm not surprised that the big impact from the bench is missing so far.
Overcome what, though? I don't understand and I refuse to even try, because it makes no sense at all. Why are people trying to create some sort of phobia for Özil--one where he has mental problems when he has to enter a game that's already started? It's utter horse ****.

He's inconsistent over 90 minutes, never mind 20. It's gone beyond stupid now.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Nobody expected anything. Nobody ever does. This is not even about attacking him for his 20 minute contribution, because slating a player for not managing to impact a game in 20 minutes would be quite harsh, even if they were Lionel Messi. It's just these pathetic safety nets people keep creating, like 'he never does anything from the bench anyway so we shouldn't expect it... He has to start games to have an impact'.

Honestly, what a load of convenient cack?

Some of the Özil fans seems to rate him even lower than his haters ffs :lol:

Oh_Snap

Overcome what, though? I don't understand and I refuse to even try, because it makes no sense at all. Why are people trying to create some sort of phobia for Özil--one where he has mental problems when he has to enter a game that's already started? It's utter horse ****.

Overcome his not exisisting ability to have an impact from the bench so far . And yes, you're right. It's gone beyond stupid now. "Mental problems" idk where u read that, might be your own. It's simply an expierience issue. He does it more often and we'll see an impact.

Jae

This thread has finally broken you down mate :lol: On the bright side, only 9 games left now (EL notwithstanding). Potentially won't ever have to visit here ever again after that. Hang in there buddy!

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Typically miss only about 2 or 3 Arsenal games per season. Can't believe I missed his performance against Bournemouth, universal reports both Özil and Miki were sublime.

Miki was pretty god damned good against sp*rs as well actually (not been a fan since he joined)

Its funny, just came across a 2 year old comment on reddit stating "Miki and Özil in the same team would be insane" .... I understand where the poster was coming from but sadly it hasn't worked out that way in terms of awesomeness. :(

say yes

forum master baiter
This thread has finally broken you down mate :lol: On the bright side, only 9 games left now (EL notwithstanding). Potentially won't ever have to visit here ever again after that. Hang in there buddy!

When we sell Özil in summer and @Jury finally gets to stop reading all the crazy excuses people make for our ‘world-class’ player:

giphy.gif

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

This thread is the Khabib to Jury’s McGregor. Continually taken down, despite some good defence, and even managing to get a few digs in, ultimately fatigue strikes.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Imagine thinking that saying Özil's not an impact sub is an indictment of his overall game.

A conductor doesn't join the symphony for the final movement.
Why not imagine giving a world class player a pass because he didn't start a game? Again, this isn't even about his cameo--it's about making up gobbledigook and trying to have all bases covered. How can that not be obvious to even his biggest fans? It's embarrassing.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Overcome his not exisisting ability to have an impact from the bench so far . And yes, you're right. It's gone beyond stupid now. "Mental problems" idk where u read that, might be your own. It's simply an expierience issue. He does it more often and we'll see an impact.
So if it's not a mental, what do you think it is? Remember, I'm not one of those going along with or trying to create another convenient narrative that Özil is incapable of influencing a game just because he wasn't stood on the pitch when they kicked off. What is it, tactical? Emery's fault again for letting him on the pitch?

Jae

After all the trouble and criticism he received in Germany for his performances during the world cup and the massive fallout that followed, he had a massive point to prove this year.

I thought we might see the old Mesut Özil this season. Sadly he's done nothing to silence any of his detractors. Expected him to kick on without the extra international games.

Oh_Snap

So if it's not a mental, what do you think it is? Remember, I'm not one of those going along with or trying to create another convenient narrative that Özil is incapable of influencing a game just because he wasn't stood on the pitch when they kicked off. What is it, tactical? Emery's fault again for letting him on the pitch?

What do you think it is? Remember, you opened the 'mental case' now dig yourself out of it, don't make others do your made up nonsense work only to object it after.

My answers are all in the above post, if you don't like it, that's your opinion. But don't go and ridicule other posters posting when stating their opinion, or even fact. Mesut has like every other player his pros and cons and coming off the bench is definatly a con so far. He rarely / never made an impact from the bench. That's a fact. Now you can cry all you want but facts are facts. You are free to prove me wrong. Can/should people expect more of Özil? Yes, i do so too, end of story.

Was it wrong from Emery to sub him in (nice try btw)? No. Emery's match plan was spot on, only persons to blame this match is the ref and than with some distance Auba. I could argue that taking off Ramsey was a wrong decision in my eyes but thats another discussion and was not the absolute key factor in the end of the game.

'He's not an impact sub'....

Lock this thread please.
Why? Not worth discussing? Cuz u said so? Man i wish another WC would be around the corner were england once again get spanked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom