• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I can't believe you people. When he's not a passenger, he's hiding. When he's not hiding, he's too soft. When he's not soft, he doesn't win us the game. When he performs in a match, the match isn't big enough. When he performs in a big game, he doesn't do it often enough. Just pick your poison and stick with it for once. Anyway, I'm going to stop attempting to reason with agenda-driven or weak-minded posters on here.
Hang on a second fanboy. I never said any of those things. WTF!!!
I've praised Mesut plenty on here and have no agenda against him. Quit crying like a little baby

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Hang on a second fanboy. I never said any of those things. WTF!!!
I've praised Mesut plenty on here and have no agenda against him. Quit crying like a little baby
Can't keep up with your positions mate, you change your mind like a girl changes clothes.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Fanboy, thats how it is when you critic a player when he is **** and praise him when he plays well. And not just blindly support/hate him.
Exactly.

Can't keep up with your positions mate, you change your mind like a girl changes clothes.
Funny thing is, I didn't even think he had a bad game. I simply pointed out that no other fan base have to defend their highest earner so vehemently. Personally thought he was pretty good in both matches and I expect to see more of him in upcoming fixtures. But you are so blinded in your worship of him that any hint of a negative comment and you go off on a bloody tangent. Get a grip!

razörist

Fanboy, thats how it is when you critic a player when he is **** and praise him when he plays well. And not just blindly support/hate him.
I would love that approach, sadly most of you (even you) are missing when there's something to praise, but if there's an opportunity to criticize you're here like a bloodhound.

razörist

Exactly.

Funny thing is, I didn't even think he had a bad game. I simply pointed out that no other fan base have to defend their highest earner so vehemently. Personally thought he was pretty good in both matches and I expect to see more of him in upcoming fixtures. But you are so blinded in your worship of him that any hint of a negative comment and you go off on a bloody tangent. Get a grip!
No other fanbase attacks their own players as much as we do either, that's why. I don't know what you guys want, you say you expect more, expect more of what? Work rate both defensively and offensively was there, he could have won us the game if his teammate got the ball to him, I think it's bullshit to make him a laughing stock again based on 20 minutes and to go back into hiding when he helps us win. And this is NOT all aimed at you, don't take it personally. You were just part of the conversation and I responded to you, but it's meant for @Jae, @pigge and friends.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I love arguments with ''no other fans this and that'. like those people go on and check all the other fan bases, their behavior and opinions...

nothing but a weak ego catching the last straws by making up stories about others, only to somehow protect their own

not aimed at anyone in particular, as I just scrolled thru few pages on AM and kept seeing (what I see way too often) how no other fans this and that this and that

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I would love that approach, sadly most of you (even you) are missing when there's something to praise, but if there's an opportunity to criticize you're here like a bloodhound.
I'm not a perfect poster by any stretch of the imagination but I will praise where I feel it is due.

Jae

No other fanbase attacks their own players as much as we do either, that's why. I don't know what you guys want, you say you expect more, expect more of what? Work rate both defensively and offensively was there, he could have won us the game if his teammate got the ball to him, I think it's bullshit to make him a laughing stock again based on 20 minutes and to go back into hiding when he helps us win. And this is NOT all aimed at you, don't take it personally. You were just part of the conversation and I responded to you, but it's meant for @Jae, @pigge and friends.

I've spent the best part of 20 years paying my membership fee, buying shirts, buying tickets and traveling to games so I think I've established the right to complain about how the club spends (wastes) my money on an underperforming "world class" player whos earned more in the last two weeks than I've earned in the last 20 years, but that's fine let's all feel sorry for Mesut Özil and the criticism he receives :lol: get a grip mate.

I think I'm a fairly measured and balanced poster in all honesty. All I said was he doesn't tend to have any impact off the bench, which is true. Like I've said before mate, are you an Arsenal fan or an Özil fan? Because there's a few of us here who aren't quite sure.

Running, pressing, tackling and "work rate both defensively and offensively" is the bare minimum I would expect from any self respecting football player. I want him to do something special, which is what we pay him for.

Oh_Snap

Mesut's been in the starting eleven his whole career. Most games it seems he needs to "read" them on the pitch first before he makes an impact, only few games where he fires right away (those are his best tho). Will never be a good impact sub imho. Play him right away or sub at HT. Everything else is a waste.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Mesut's been in the starting eleven his whole career. Most games it seems he needs to "read" them on the pitch first before he makes an impact, only few games where he fires right away (those are his best tho). Will never be a good impact sub imho. Play him right away or sub at HT. Everything else is a waste.
He needs to adapt then, though. Coming on against tired legs with that talent..

razörist

I've spent the best part of 20 years paying my membership fee, buying shirts, buying tickets and traveling to games so I think I've established the right to complain about how the club spends (wastes) my money on an underperforming "world class" player whos earned more in the last two weeks than I've earned in the last 20 years, but that's fine let's all feel sorry for Mesut Özil and the criticism he receives :lol: get a grip mate.

I think I'm a fairly measured and balanced poster in all honesty. All I said was he doesn't tend to have any impact off the bench, which is true. Like I've said before mate, are you an Arsenal fan or an Özil fan? Because there's a few of us here who aren't quite sure.

Running, pressing, tackling and "work rate both defensively and offensively" is the bare minimum I would expect from any self respecting football player. I want him to do something special, which is what we pay him for.
Mesut has never been a sub much in his life, maybe it takes some time to adapt to the 'instant impact' role. I am just really tired of the same group of posters coming on here with the sole objective to nitpick whatever criticism they come up with that day. When he does well it's carefully ignored, diminished and glossed over over time. It's a 20 minute cameo, where he came on, put in the work, and could have scored the winner if his team-mate got the ball to him. There is really not much at all to talk about. I for one am absolutely thrilled that he makes those runs since we don't have many players that make runs beyond the defensive line. I hope he gets rewarded for it soon. But maybe that's just me, I am a positive person who sees the best in all our players, not just Mesut (gameday rage excluded).

As for the patronizing comments calling me "fanboy" asking if I'm an Arsenal fan or an Özil fan... I am both. But Arsenal comes first. I actually backed Emery when he first dropped Mesut against Tottenham in the league cup because I thought it was his right to do so and I liked the direction we were going under him. But after that, the players he used over him, his defensive gameplans at home against relegation fodder... that's where I saw the route we were taking was wrong. I'm glad Emery looks like he changed his opinion too, using him again and we play much better for it.

I am so passionate about Mesut because I see a player that can be an absolute asset to us and he can make our team perform better, and help us play more pleasing football.

I'm going to be here long after Mesut is gone, though I doubt there will be another player I like as much as Mesut. Before him it was RVP, right now I don't see the next one. Maybe Guendouzi. Everyone has favorites, big deal. Mesut can do things no other player can, makes it very easy to like him.

Jae

Mesut has never been a sub much in his life, maybe it takes some time to adapt to the 'instant impact' role. I am just really tired of the same group of posters coming on here with the sole objective to nitpick whatever criticism they come up with that day. When he does well it's carefully ignored, diminished and glossed over over time. It's a 20 minute cameo, where he came on, put in the work, and could have scored the winner if his team-mate got the ball to him. There is really not much at all to talk about. I for one am absolutely thrilled that he makes those runs since we don't have many players that make runs beyond the defensive line. I hope he gets rewarded for it soon. But maybe that's just me, I am a positive person who sees the best in all our players, not just Mesut (gameday rage excluded).

As for the patronizing comments calling me "fanboy" asking if I'm an Arsenal fan or an Özil fan... I am both. But Arsenal comes first. I actually backed Emery when he first dropped Mesut against Tottenham in the league cup because I thought it was his right to do so and I liked the direction we were going under him. But after that, the players he used over him, his defensive gameplans at home against relegation fodder... that's where I saw the route we were taking was wrong. I'm glad Emery looks like he changed his opinion too, using him again and we play much better for it.

I am so passionate about Mesut because I see a player that can be an absolute asset to us and he can make our team perform better, and help us play more pleasing football.

I'm going to be here long after Mesut is gone, though I doubt there will be another player I like as much as Mesut. Before him it was RVP, right now I don't see the next one. Maybe Guendouzi. Everyone has favorites, big deal. Mesut can do things no other player can, makes it very easy to like him.

I like Özil mate, I've made no secret about it, in fact I've been very complimentary at times.

The only thing I'll say is you can offer praise AND criticism, it's not just one or the other. The reason people are calling you a fanboy is because you refuse to say anything bad about him. Your posts are riddled with bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom